Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 10:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Do we Bhpians think about this..???

On Wednesday around 10.30 10.45 pm I am heading with friends to the airport to pick up my brother.
As we get of the Lingrajpuram Flyovr and heading to the outer ring road I sepot a silver/gray Ikon in front of me, the car has the teambhp url on his number plate and the team bhp sticker,"love cars,br.....etc." onn his bumper.
The car Rego is Ka-03 Me- **** I am glad to see a fellow bhpian on the road my mates point it out too (they are not Tbhpians) then the drama starts. For over a kilometre the Ikon does not go above 20kmph! The road is completely clear and now ther is a line of 5 cars behind him. Everyone is honking and flshing their lights, the Ikon is oblivious to this and continuing at his speed of around 20kmph ! I m wondering what is wrong as the entire road is clear in front of him and he is not giving way, stuck on the center of the road. finally after about half a kilometre he decides to take a turn and as i pass by him I see him laughing and talking on his cell phone. As I overtake him I again honk to try and get his attention but he is oblivious.

This got me thinking as to how we crib and moan about bad drivers on the streets on this forum ourselves and then this is what we do. I am not saying everyone does it dont get me wrong nor am I trying to stir things up here but have we ever wondered.
We are displaying our association to this forum on our cars publicly. Do we then have the responsibility to set an example? Shouldn't we take an initiative to help things improve?

I am not saying that everyone here is at fault or there are 100% perfect drivers who respect and obey the law. I am trying to say that shouldn't we be more careful as others watch and notice us wherever we go.
I am speaking for myself yes, I do drive and speak on my phone at times but I have not hampered traffic in any way. In fact now I either pullover or use the handsfree.
The main point here being how many other people would see the car, notice the stickers and then see the driver doing something like this, what would they think?

How many of us have thought about this? More importantly how many have done something to prevent/control this?
Old 17th October 2008, 10:30   #2
BHPian

Well said, iceman. I even prick the people in our office internal social forums, about how they curse the auto-ricks and bus drivers and at the same time how badly we behave outside office. Most people have double personalities, one at home and one outside. But Indians broadly have tripple personalities, one at home, another at work place and another outside of these. And most of us are very bad in the third personality, which shows the real true color when everyone thinks that there is no one around him/her who knows him/her.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:33   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Amit, I know of several cars in bangalore running tbhp stickers and these guys havent even seen the first page of the forum even once. I am guessing these stickers are being sold in places like JC Road and some of them just pick it upfrom there. Because I have often asked these guys what their ID on thbp was and they were like what tbhp? I just thought it was a sticker.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

Yeah Iceman. Happens all the time. But you can we do ?

- Don't do this ourselves.
- Advice friends and family not to do it.
- Curse the idiots on the roads who do it and move on
Old 17th October 2008, 10:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Shame on the ikon driver. That's all i can say.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its sad to know that this is done by team-bhpian.
Please, do not make bad image of team-bhp in the society.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Very bad!

IceMan, can you please share the Ikon number?

Let us know who the rotten egg is amongst us!
Old 17th October 2008, 10:44   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I am guessing these stickers are being sold in places like JC Road and some of them just pick it upfrom there. Because I have often asked these guys what their ID on thbp was and they were like what tbhp? I just thought it was a sticker.
Rahul, when did this happen?
Old 17th October 2008, 10:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

1) Are you sure that the Ikon driver was really one of the members of T-BHP?
2) Few words " If you cannot cure it, Endure it ".
3) This is the core reality of India in each and every field of life.
4) " Roads indicate Culture of the Nation ".
Old 17th October 2008, 10:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Amit, I know of several cars in bangalore running tbhp stickers and these guys havent even seen the first page of the forum even once. I am guessing these stickers are being sold in places like JC Road and some of them just pick it upfrom there. Because I have often asked these guys what their ID on thbp was and they were like what tbhp? I just thought it was a sticker.
mods, shouldnt something be done about this ?
Old 17th October 2008, 10:50   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Rahul, when did this happen?
Rudra, its been happening for around 2 months I guess. Because I have met atleast 4 cars whom I have spoken to, running TBHP stickers. They had no clue what it was. They said they just got it from their sticker guy. And the stickers were not the ordinary ones like the ones we run on our cars. They were quite colourful, artistic (like letters with flames) etc. I didn't carry a cam with me then. If I find any such cars, I shall send you the pics.

And I met most of these people in signals and traffic. So couldn't have a convo more than 3-4 sentences.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th October 2008 at 10:51.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well I dont know if the moderators will allow me to share the number on the forum.
rahul, yes even I am surpised to seeing it being sold on JC road.

aaggoswami,
I dont know about him being a tbhpian
if i cannot cure it endure it is a very sad viewpoint according to me.
point 3 well aware of it
pont 4 I hope and pray this is not true
Old 17th October 2008, 10:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
aaggoswami,

2)if i cannot cure it endure it is a very sad viewpoint according to me.

4)pont 4 I hope and pray this is not true
2) Well, what can we do ? Get down and inform the person he is doing wrong ? Will they improve ? If they had sense, this wont happen in the first place. Yes its sad viewpoint, but I acquired after daily losing temper on other road users and eventually after typing in anger I broke a keyboard worth Rs. 1400. This is when I got this viewpoint.

4) This is the truth, what ever we do, we cannot change this.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:01   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
rahul, yes even I am surpised to seeing it being sold on JC road.
So am I. Love to see pics of these stickers.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
How many of us have thought about this? More importantly how many have done something to prevent/control this?
Thank you for bringing it up. Well, I did think about it long time back, when I procured the sticker (thanks to benbsb29).

Putting TBHP sticker on my car had an effect on my driving style. It made me much more disciplined and conscious about what I do on the road. People might not know my name, but they would definitely see "team-bhp", and I sincerely do not want to tarnish a name which is collectively owned- not mine alone

I guess nothing much could be done to prevent non members from putting up tbhp stickers. Duplicates are duplicates anyway, so let's show the world that only originals have quality.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks