Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2005, 17:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

no jesal the 6 gb one is for 12 k. thats what that guy at hera panna said a few days ago. not too sure about that though
but autopsyche..why do you want the 20 gb one i think the 6 gb one is more than enough.i think its 22 hours of non stop playback.
Old 18th April 2005, 15:28   #17
BHPian

jebus the ipod is expensive in india...:(..im glad i bought mine in the US
Old 18th April 2005, 16:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Hi ppl, my friend is going over to KL for a week. Wanted to know what i could buy cheap in malaysia. Like electronics goods or some car accessories etc.,

any pointers regarding the place to shop for? I heard Nike footwear and GAP apparel would be cheap there. maybe a couple of shades, mp3 players?
Hi Harrie

What to shop for in Malaysia:

1. DVDs DVDs DVDs. You get these for cheap at the Night Markets (Pasar Malam) tell them to check the night markets at Bangsar (Sundays, if I'm not mistaken) and Brickfields (THursdays?) DVDs typically cost 10 RM (8 or 9 if you bargain and pick up a lot of them) which is about Rs. 120. Most other things are available at bargin prices at the night markets, from clothes to watches to other stuff. Plus you can get yourself a "Rolex" or a "TAG Haeur" for RM 25 and show off!

2. Clothes - well you get cheaper and better stuff in India but you get 'genuine' fakes all over the place.

3. Computer Accessories & Software - Sungei Wong Plaza and Imbi Plaza (both next to each other) are the places to go to. Sungei Wong plaza is down the road from Star Hill and Lot 10, Imbi Plaza is next to it. Dont bother going anywhere else.

4. Racquets - if you're into racquet sports then KL is the best place to pick up good brands for less.

5. Car Accessories - lots of things to buy if you're into the glitzy stuff. Also some very practical stuff thats difficult to get hold of in India, or expensive. Pick up a Kercher compressor unit for your car wash - worth it.

6. Furniture - Chinese furniture is extremely good and extremely cheap too. You wont find classy wood furniture cheaper anywhere else in the world. If you're the IKEA variety then "1, Utama" (its a mall) is the place to go to in Damansara Utama, very close to TTDI.

What else? Plenty of stuff, actually. The places to avoid are KLCC Suria and MegaMall since they are both tourist traps. Prices are higher there except the Carrefour at MegaMall of course.

Check out Carrefour - they have some terrific offers from time to time.
Old 18th April 2005, 17:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Hi ppl, my friend is going over to KL for a week. Wanted to know what i could buy cheap in malaysia. Like electronics goods or some car accessories etc.,

any pointers regarding the place to shop for? I heard Nike footwear and GAP apparel would be cheap there. maybe a couple of shades, mp3 players?
I guess I shouldve replied earlier since this is an old post. Before I forget - Air Conditioners!!!

A/cs are dirt cheap in Malaysia and the ones that you get there are optimized for the climate (like ours) and for power consumption. You can pick up a brand new National 1.5 tonne split a/c for about Rs. 15,000. National / Panasonic is the brand to go for since they're acknowedged to be the best in those climates (I bought 2 from there so I can vouch for that!)
Old 19th April 2005, 09:00   #20
BHPian

hey steeroid, he has come back. got myself a couple of watches (imitation stuff), few sunglasses, a creative mp3 player, shoes, dress and a whole of other stuff. i wanted him to get me some RC cars but he forgot to get it.

BTW are you coming to blore any time soon?
Old 19th April 2005, 14:00   #21
BHPian

in place of ipod ask for creative ZEN...
its can play 20GB of music and video's

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...sp?prodid=9882

THINK ABOUT IT...
Old 25th March 2012, 08:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: What to shop for in Malaysia?

Dear Friends,
I had been to shop to shop in KL for a Nikon Camera and Sony TV. I am not happy with the prices when compared with India. Before hand I had surveyed Indian prices too. Of course TV is cheaper but there is no international warranty. Checked with apple products and found cheaper but not cheaper than Hongkong and Singapore.Singapore is expensive than Hongkong but tax refund will bring only a 1000 difference bet ween HK and Singapore. But the difference between India and Singapore is around 15000 for a Macbook.

Most Viewed