Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 19:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Are you sure all those were launched from SHAR ? And what about the others before these ?
Ofcourse. All the PSLVs are from SHAR.
I think you are mentioning about the Satilites which some of them was from other countries, because we never had the LV which can take it to geo-sync point.
We did had failures in the initial stages before decades. So, I dont count those against these advanced LVs like PSLV & GSLVs. Infact there were 2 or 3 failures during those SLVs if I am right.
Even after taking this into the account, we have very less failure rate.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

It's indeed a proud moment for all of us, ill keep my finger crossed for tomorrow and here's to wish all the best to the ISRO team.
IMO these guys should get more recognition and incentives than they get instead of our temperamental cricketers. As they the ones that showcase our progress to the world.
Mjothi well done for starting this thread.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sure is a proud moment.

But if you hear the mission details, they want to study the whether any water is available on moon, study the moon's condition etc...

These things are already done by other countries. Why do the same things once again? Trying to reinvent the wheel ? They could have used our money in a better way...
Old 21st October 2008, 22:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is a proud moment indeed. ISRO has proved it's prowess in space technology time and again. I am sure this will be a success too. All the best to the folks at ISRO for the Chandrayana -I.

Also read somewhere that this is the cheapest mission to Moon in the world!
Old 22nd October 2008, 05:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Sure is a proud moment.

But if you hear the mission details, they want to study the whether any water is available on moon, study the moon's condition etc...

These things are already done by other countries. Why do the same things once again? Trying to reinvent the wheel ? They could have used our money in a better way...
That is only a portion of the complete mission. The main thing here is, we are exploring the darker side of the moon which was never done by anyone. We are first. And we also look for minerals, again a first.

There were some more first which was detailed in news daily, but i forgot.
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
May have been done by other countries, but has that knowledge been shared? There is nothing called 'reinventing' when it comes to space and military technology. The technology and knowledge can only be gained by going through it ourselves, and not by asking others.

So, all the best ISRO. You took a very short time from launching an unmanned vehicle that orbited earth to launching an unmanned vehicle that would orbit moon. Way to go!
Old 22nd October 2008, 06:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Cheers guys. It has lifted preciously and as planned. Kudos to SHAR & ISRO guys.

Need to watch for the next couple of days on the progress.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yep, it was a very pleasant morning indeed. I got up earlier than my usual time and switched to NDTV. A smiling Vishnu, broke the news.

Cheers to the folks at ISRO & SHAR and ofcourse all Indians.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a pleasant moment which should be rejoiced at fullest !! Congrats to ISRO and SHAR people for their countless efforts, you guys made us proud !!

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:29   #25
BHPian

Awesome!!!

Three Cheers for the Indian ISRO Team for succesfully launching Chandrayan -I cheers:

Let's watch as India progresses further in Moon exploration for the next couple of days
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

This probe or satellite will be in its final orbit of 100 kms above moon in next 15/16 days. The next 15/16 days are very crucial as it has to leave earth's orbit and go towards moon and start orbiting the moon. We need to keep our fingers crossed.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to the team involved!

One step done and few more to go!

As as mentioned by Mjothi, to questions on why do the same thing that has been done before - we are going to the 'dark' side! (duh!).

They expect water to be present there since that side is never exposed to sun light.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

One day maybe we can send all our politicians there.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
As as mentioned by Mjothi, to questions on why do the same thing that has been done before - we are going to the 'dark' side! (duh!).
They expect water to be present there since that side is never exposed to sun light.
Add to that, we are going to be the pioneers to inspect the whole portion of the moon. So far, it was all one particular location on the moon.

We are going to be the 2nd to have a "proof" of visiting moon by planting our tri-color on moon

In the next 2 weeks, the most crucial is when it moves from earth gravity to moons gravity. This is something new for us.
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
One day maybe we can send all our politicians there.
Sending them there is not as important as keeping them there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks