Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 00:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
What are we surprised at ?
I have witnessed a mob go on rampage when I was in Std. 10.
I came to know our culture. Now we all know what we are from within. This is not one off incident.
Go to the roots of politics in India and know more. Go to the roots of politics in college ( my college has voting, etc., so hell lot of politics ) and know more.
We were never great at our thinking level ( proof : we lost our freedom ) and this is reflection of it. *1

Arguments like " Police " and " Government " are of no use. We the general public are the one to build them. If no one is ready to pay bribe, then how can corruption begin ? It all stats with the general public.

This is nothing. I have witnessed worse things than this. This is not even 1% of it.
I am glad to know that things like this are surfacing now.
Expect them to rise.

I think of the people who are faced injustice.
What will be their mentality for the rest of their life ? This is the factor that worries me the most.
They wont be good citizens for sure.
*1 : I'm trying to be humble whilst casting my opinion, but generalized lines such as this don't deserve much recognition,they only make one disregard your whole opinion as toothless in thought.

*2 :
Majority of Indians with injustice against them do not react in an irrational manner and rarely step out of line.There may be cases but so do other nations. For one to brand such unfortunate people as bad citizens is a tad shallow.In a lighter vein, I'd say you're comments seemed to be inspired from the movie "A Wednesday"
Old 14th November 2008, 03:51   #32
BHPian

Fact of the matter is, these days even people who are educated feel proud if they are able to ruffle someone up. There is this mentality growing where people feel that it is a matter of pride if they are able to act like a rowdy. They consider keeping firearms just because it is a status symbol. Have seen it very closely and I am ashamed to be part of such a system.
There is absolutely no fear of the law. I wonder if that old police guy would be still trying to call his seniors up if it was his son who was being thrashed to death. Really sad to see this
Old 14th November 2008, 08:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
*1 : I'm trying to be humble whilst casting my opinion, but generalized lines such as this don't deserve much recognition,they only make one disregard your whole opinion as toothless in thought.

*2 :
Majority of Indians with injustice against them do not react in an irrational manner and rarely step out of line.There may be cases but so do other nations. For one to brand such unfortunate people as bad citizens is a tad shallow.In a lighter vein, I'd say you're comments seemed to be inspired from the movie "A Wednesday"
1) IMHO, we must first accept that our fellow citizens have performed this act. 100 great things will be appreciated but one single mistake can take the trust and charm away from those 100 good activities.
The above statement of mine was because these activities highlight us more than anything else.
If we were so humble, why would this happen in the first place ?
I am not sure about my opinion getting toothless, but that is what I feel.
We must accept that it is mistake rather that just feel " Mera Bharat Mahan ".

2) Agreed some dont, but again the 100 good things example in point 1 proves to be correct here.
Old 14th November 2008, 08:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

The Hindu : Front Page : Law colleges in State closed, semester exams postponed

Quote:
Law Minister Durai Murugan announced in the Assembly that a special enquiry commission headed by a retired judge of the Madras High Court would enquire into Wednesday’s incident in Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College.
Quote:
Doctors at the Government General Hospital, where three students were admitted on Wednesday, said the patients were all doing well. Arumugam, who had suffered a head injury, had regained consciousness and Barathi Kannan and Ayyathurai suffered only minor injuries.
Though Arumugam has regained consciousness, a CT scan has revealed a fracture on his frontal bone on the right side of head apart from other multiple fractures he had suffered all over his body. Surgery is scheduled on Friday only when they will be able to locate if there are any damages to the brain
Old 14th November 2008, 10:09   #35
BHPian

Apparently , its a fight that started cos of some caste issue ( or something like that ) ..Students fighting over castes ? Dont they have anything better to do ?

Students here are so low. Everyday, I see students standing on top of buses, or hanging out from the footboard singing, whistling, causing a ruckus on the road. And as always, we have the cops watching.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Apparently , its a fight that started cos of some caste issue ( or something like that ) ..Students fighting over castes ? Dont they have anything better to do ?
According to one TV News channel, apparently Dr Ambedkar's photo was not present on some pamphlets that were being published. If thats the real cause, i am glad Dr Ambedkar is not around to see his name being used like this.
Old 14th November 2008, 11:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about other places, but here in TN, Law students & lawyers are the scum of the earth, of course I am generalising, there are always a few good men.
Old 17th November 2008, 18:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

As some of you know, I am an American. Let me tell you, things can change if you make them change. In my country 80 years ago black people were sometimes pulled out of their houses in the middle of the night and lynched. 45 years ago many black people were not allowed to vote. A few days back a white majority elected an African American, a black, to the presidency. I hope he lives to complete his term. My point? Do not give up hope. Democracy takes work and sacrifice. I challenge you to make it happen here. And, no, America is not perfect either. No place is.
Old 19th November 2008, 01:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

In TN ,it is the other way.these OBC and SC/ST are the majority and problem makers in many cases.(you can read in wikipedia about anti-brahmin and dravidian pride blah ) .These caste people keep whether they are hindu ,X`ian(protestents funded by English missionaries) and even Rowthar Muslims.
Government infrastructure is used to publicize about ruling party.In Coimbatore ,everywhere there is the photos and photoshopped pics of karunanidhi ,stalin ,annadura etc.It is too complex to explain - unlike "any" other state in India ,where SC/ST are not majority.(No offense to anyone)
Even One should slowly believe the violence in Tamil movies true to reality when seeing such incidences.

Last edited by deepclutch : 19th November 2008 at 01:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks