Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2005, 12:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think we needed one more option here " RASH"

Dippy
Old 8th April 2005, 14:07   #17
BHPian

I have rated myself good. Have to learn to control my temper in traffic. Become completely maniacal at times. But then who doesnt
Old 8th April 2005, 14:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

methinks i am good,atleast among my friends..
Old 8th April 2005, 14:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I am good considring that i am only 15.
Old 8th April 2005, 15:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
I am good considring that i am only 15.
Considering that you are only 15, you shouldn't be behind the wheel.
Old 8th April 2005, 16:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

I voted "Have to learn"

Yes, I feel I have still to learn lots of things and I have been driving for the past 9-10 years (Please don't think I am unsafe or drive all over... lol) I am very sensible driver always seeing that I follow traffic rules to the core. One night at 1:00 AM I was driving home along with my wife. There was signal on an almost deserted road. It turned red by the time I reached there. Though everybody was ignoring the signal, I stopped there for 5 mins until the light turned green. Me and my wife (Married for less than a month by then) quarelled on this for 2 weeks. She says I will be seen as a fool by everybody. Anyway now she is in to my track and feels proud for my road sense.

Back to the topic, I will consider myself as a good driver only when my gear changes happen without the passengers feeling it. Whenever I notice the passengers moving even slightly forward when changing gears I consider myself as a bad driver.

For me when my passengers feel that I drove fast even without them feeling it is when I consider myself a good driver.

Please don't question me whether rally drivers are good or bad...

Last edited by satish_appasani : 8th April 2005 at 16:19.
Old 8th April 2005, 17:47   #22
BANNED

hey, I voted myself almost there ..lol !! I gave myself that rating based on a general perception of wat all my passengers think of me ... Another reason is that driving in adverse conditions ..right from snow, ice, slush, to the regular roads has taught me a lot in the past 15 yrs of my driving career . Also Im not bad on the track ..lol

I feel a gud driver is one who knows how to keep his passengers from realising wether he is going fast or slow , unless they check their watches ... !!

Lets see if anyone fits into the legend section of the poll ... !

cheers
Old 8th April 2005, 22:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

need to learn heel'n'toe-ing, rev-matching, the art of drifting (cant even do it on nfs)...otherwise im a darn good driver...

did i mention, im really humble as well?

but seriously, im pretty happy with the way i drive...but i'd like to try out a track or a circuit...learn to drive races...
Old 8th April 2005, 22:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

I've got a lot to learn and i mean a lot....... still an amateur, been behind the wheel from only past six months and in those six months..... not much driving. I can bet that i am probably the worst driver amongst the BHPians around.....
Old 9th April 2005, 12:16   #25
BHPian

ALMOST THERE(Highway to Hell).....thats what other drivers must be thinking about me when I drive......
Ok...lets get serious I rate myself somewhere between good and almost there...say very good.But this rating comes down on only one point and that was when I "paltaoed"(all four legs up)!!!!!my Premier Padmini on the Pune Nashik Highway around 4 years back .
Well that pulls my rating to Duffer...

Rahul

Note: Limit yourself to one smiley per post. Kindly go through rules of posting. Repeated rule breaking will result in a increase in warning level

Last edited by ported_head : 9th April 2005 at 13:32.
Old 9th April 2005, 15:51   #26
BHPian

I rate myself as a Good driver ... I have been Driving Fourwheelers since 92 and from then on i must have driven around 2 Lakh KMs .... During these 2 Lakh Kms i have done around 1.6 L KMs in my cars only ... Remaining 40K in other cars ....
During all these years of driving i have only scrapes on my record ... I have had no serious accident ever ... TOuchWood ... not even a FenderBender ....
Old 9th April 2005, 15:53   #27
BHPian

i have rated my self as "good" because i feel i that i know the responsibility of driving and i drive the car for the sheer pleasure of driving. i love to drive and for last 9 years that i m driving i have learnt some golden rules of driving.

temper - never have a temper because it is root of many a accidents. i have been thru these kind of temper tantrums but now with all these years of driving i have understood that it doesnt take you anywhere.

responsibility - while driving you have a responsibility of urself, ur family and also other people on the road. drive responsibily and you never will have a nightmarish incident. (unless somebody else is irresponsible, u cant help it)

out streching - here i mean to say is do not outstrech the limits of the vehcile you are driving, you may never know what might be the consequences if you strech the viability limits of your car.

overall attitude - never have an attitude that somebody is less lucky than you ( biker or pedestrian) as the road is for everybody to use.

i have taken into consideration all these tips while driving and that is why i call myself a good driver.

any more suggestions also welcome.

shubbhi

Last edited by manaa45 : 9th April 2005 at 15:56.
Old 9th April 2005, 15:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
One night at 1:00 AM I was driving home along with my wife. There was signal on an almost deserted road. It turned red by the time I reached there. Though everybody was ignoring the signal, I stopped there for 5 mins until the light turned green.
Well ... Satish .. Where in HYD did you have a Signal ON at 1 am ....
I thought i have roamed all the roads in Hyd since last 12 years in Nights and i never saw a signal ON at that time ...
Basically i love to drive late in the nights ... I always take the longer route to home whenver it is late and I generally be on the roads in nights atleast thrice a week ... either with my wife , my friend or even alone ....

Last edited by haryan : 9th April 2005 at 15:57.
Old 9th April 2005, 16:16   #29
BHPian

Man, this is a tough one.. Well, i rate myself midway because of impatience.. I can easily get ruffled up if someone cuts me or crosses me off.. But otherwise my co-passengers think of me as a very good (although a bit aggressive) driver. The best part of me is that i can anticipate the travelling time and distances very well.. Also, i am very good at remembering roads, which i am sure all my co-passengers will vouch for.. Besides i can be an extremely good navigator when rallying or cross-country travels, because of my acute sense of direction..
Old 9th April 2005, 16:28   #30
F50
Senior - BHPian

I have rated myself as "good" driver. Started driving exactly 2 years back.
Cars in which I have done plenty of kms are Santro and M800.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks