Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:44   #1
BHPian

Scene in Goa right now?

hi
like last year i was all set to leave for goa this year on the 26th.sunburn included..
however varying feedbacks from there have got me confused and on verge of cancellation .
People are saying there's hardly any parties and scene's are lukewarm
The beach parties ban imposed from tomorrow just made it worse i feel.
My regular haunts included curlies among the many beach places..
is it gonna be open ?
can any locals or people who have reached there shed some light on all this .
is it worth coming ?
cheers for any input

Nik
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:18   #2
BANNED

Worth going yes. But should you? no.

All beach parties have been cancelled. But expect all the beach resorts with private* beaches to host parties there.

No sunburn is a good move, its nothing but a drug joint in the name of music. Now dont tell me both go together. Been there done that.

Private Beach: There is nothing like this in Goa and India for that matter. Its just that the rich hotel owners bribe the government and mark it as private. Anyone is free to walk and enjoy every beach as he/she pleases. No beaches can be marked as private. Next time you are in Goa remember that.

If someone does tell you its a private beach, take one quick photograph of that person if possible. Take the name and details as to who owns the beach and ask him for the registration number(lol..if he gives you that). Mail this to abhiforum a(t) yahoo dot com we will take care of this menance. Lot of folks get abused and spoil their holidays because of some greedy folks back home.

Last edited by Spitfire : 22nd December 2008 at 15:19.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:31   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Mail this to abhiforum a(t) yahoo dot com we will take care of this menance.
What's abhiforum? A google search did not find any info.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:40   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
What's abhiforum? A google search did not find any info.
Thats my id

Since someone will send me the details, i will take care that the person's ID is never revealed. You could mail the folks directly but no one does it.

I am a part of a non-profitable group which is made up of people from diverse area's trying to stem the rot in the society.

Do PM me if you want to know more.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:45   #5
BHPian

There was a lull immediately after the mumbai attacks but now things are picking up, it seems that 80% of the rooms available have already been booked. The beach parties are banned but there are plenty of other options if you want to have a good time.

Most shacks on the beaches are still open but they won't be organizing any parties this time, that's all.

Though how safe it's going to be, no one can foretell but yes, tourists are flocking to Goa now.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:54   #6
BHPian

Hey Sunburn people are saying that it has all permissions in place and that it is in enlcosed area with guarded entry points which makes it possible to happen.

But in any case I would like to know if there are parties happening there as I just saw that club cabana website says its closed for the season...Tito's says it would be open. But still hows the overall mood there? Its really difficult to tell from here what is the exact scenario there?
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

I was there around December 1st.
The locals were complaining that the recession + bombay attacks were affecting business, but it was still buzzing. Was nowhere near empty. The eastern europeans were out in full force too.

Im sure things will be fine, though i cant provide much insight into the "party scene".

cya
R
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:38   #8
BHPian

yep sunburn is on ..but prob is .its on only till 10 ..after that is what im worried about.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd December 2008 at 14:11. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:42   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik9912 View Post
yep sunburn is on ..but prob is .its on only till 10 ..after that is what im worried about.
Thats a joke right? Nikhil is killing the golden goose.
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik9912 View Post
hi
like last year i was all set to leave for goa this year on the 26th.sunburn included..
however varying feedbacks from there have got me confused and on verge of cancellation .
People are saying there's hardly any parties and scene's are lukewarm
The beach parties ban imposed from tomorrow just made it worse i feel.
My regular haunts included curlies among the many beach places..
is it gonna be open ?
can any locals or people who have reached there shed some light on all this .
is it worth coming ?
cheers for any input

Nik

My friends were in goa last week they said all the parties were going on and places like curlies, zanzibar,nine bar and cubana are open.

For sunburn,i just got their mail saying that is confirmed and sunburn last year was also on only till 10. after that they have an afterparty in one of the clubs.

Even i am going on the 26th so i just hope that everything is on and there are no problems
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:45   #11
BHPian

no aint no joke..sunburn is on only till 10 .like karanj said .it was so last year also
afterparties are at Butter
.only i hope they have more loos unlike last year

also i dont think cabana is open .wasnt so even last year .
curlies was open till yday.but the ban is from tonight .so lets see.
and karanj.if you're goin from mumbai .you could pm me youre number and we could catch up
cheers
Nik
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:53   #12
BHPian

Hey just met a guy in my office who was in Goa this weekend. According to him Tito's/Mambo's are open. beach parties are of course not hapening. He heard that nine bar is closed but paradiso was on!! Although he didnt check out those places. But still he said that there is no place as Goa in India to party.

I am going there for 25th weekend. will update after I am back.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:12   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanj View Post
My friends were in goa last week they said all the parties were going on and places like curlies, zanzibar,nine bar and cubana are open....
When i was there, club cabana was closed. Apparently their website also says they are closed for the season (?).

Nine-bar closed by 10:30-11pm.

cya
R
Old 24th December 2008, 12:30   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Security has been upped. Multiple security check naka's, even towards beaches. Out-of-state pvt vehicles are being checked - including suitcases.
Old 24th December 2008, 15:49   #15
BHPian

condor, are you there now?
did you notice any difference before and after the 23rd ban?
is the party scene on as usual till early morning @ paradiso etc .or are there curbs on that as well .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks