Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 23:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
God only know s what s the reason for issuing passport for 5 yr s to children when it come s to infant s it is understandable but with children do they also change beyond recognition ??
obviously it was issued when she was an infant .
Old 26th December 2008, 10:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
God only know s what s the reason for issuing passport for 5 yr s to children when it come s to infant s it is understandable but with children do they also change beyond recognition ??
Every individual needs a passport - child or infant. In the absence of a passport it will make life much easier for international child traffickers, for example. In case of children the police verfication process is waived off but a thorough scrutiny of the parents antecedents and their passports is done before the passport is issued.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
obviously it was issued when she was an infant .
Even the renewal will be for just 5 yrs i renewed my son s passport now it s renewal is for another 5 yr s only !! Thats what i am trying to point out even now the renewal will be 5 yrs

Last edited by m-hawk : 29th December 2008 at 17:00.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:28   #19
BHPian

All passports under the age of 18 have 5 year validity . My sister got hers at 15 and she has it valid till her 18th birthday only
Old 29th December 2008, 20:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even the renewal will be for just 5 yrs i renewed my son s passport now it s renewal is for another 5 yr s only !! Thats what i am trying to point out even now the renewal will be 5 yrs
what do you think is a good renewal time for a 5 year old's passport?
Old 27th May 2011, 06:58   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Passport Expired in US

no other go while abroad. Simply go to the Indian Embassy and put the facts forward. Obviously they are bound to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
My brother got into this exact situation earlier this year, he discovered his passport had expired more than a year ago at the airport while he was boarding a flight to India (Don't ask me how he's so careless!). Anyway, the airlines (American) put him on to the flight anyway & after being detained at Heathrow for 24 hours, he was sent back to the US.

So next working day (Monday) he went to the Indian consulate in NY and was given a new passport on the same day itself. So I would agree with Vijay's advice & ask your sister to go to the Indian consulate on the first day possible.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:40   #22
BHPian

Re: Passport Expired in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
no other go while abroad. Simply go to the Indian Embassy and put the facts forward. Obviously they are bound to help!
But you are responding to about 2.5 yr old post. The person definitely would have come to India by now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks