Team-BHP - Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/51625-perfume-cologne-deodorant-do-you-use-51.html)

Most perfumes I see are EDT, with only exception being Skinn by Titan having EDF.
Any good brands having EDF? Women's perfume are EDF btw, strange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4249345)
Most perfumes I see are EDT, with only exception being Skinn by Titan having EDF.

You mean EDP, right?

There are quite a few men's EDP's but women's usually are more often EDP's.

I have this one question in my mind running since a few days, is wearing perfumes and colognes "TOXIC". Are the use of perfumes and colognes cause of any type of Cancer ?
If anyone aware of this please answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 4249383)
I have this one question in my mind running since a few days, is wearing perfumes and colognes "TOXIC". Are the use of perfumes and colognes cause of any type of Cancer ?

I've been using perfumes and stick deos since the last 26 years only on my skin and it doesn't look like I'm going to get cancer anytime soon :).

I have used the services of https://twitter.com/kalravkapadia?lang=en couple of times and the experience had been really good. He ships all over India and follow for delivery confirmation. Testers are also seen at times

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4249345)

In India the supply of perfumes seems to be very low so typically on online stores their names and details are not properly represented. Typically they are split into 4 categories:
EDF could be referring to Eau Fraiche which is the cheapest form as it is only 3% or less perfume oil. I'd say anything lower than EDT is a waste of money especially given our climate conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 4249383)

Pure essential oils are the way to go. Perfumes and colognes are synthetic and i would expect them to be detrimental by nature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4250102)
Pure essential oils are the way to go. Perfumes and colognes are synthetic and i would expect them to be detrimental by nature.

When talking about perfumes, the only possible harmful substances in them are phthalates and possibly ingredients that one may be allergic to. Leaving aside allergic reactions (vary from people to people) substances like phthalates are very strictly regulated and mostly banned in the EU. Luckily for us, most of our beloved designer perfumes are European especially from France where the country takes an even stricter approach toward harmful chemicals than the rest of the EU, so one needn't worry. Brands like Yves Saint Laurent, Paco Rabanne, Guerlain, Thierry Mugler, Chanel, Dior, Jean Paul Gaultier, Hermes, Lacoste etc. all being French, are pretty safe bets.
Also, even if one feels that wearing American branded perfumes is a risk, they should also note that phthalates are present in their shampoos, conditioners, body lotion etc. So it is all relative. Your exposure to harmful substances using perfume, (assuming you use perfumes the proper way) is far less compared to other liquid products that you may use.

Hi,
few days back I had my second order from Unboxed.in : Davidoff Cool Waters Men (unboxed, 125 ml) at Rs.1350 (plus nominal courier charges). The smell is nice & authentic stuff.

regards,
Pranav

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil994 (Post 4001134)
Well to be honest, Angel Men .........
As far as Angel Men goes, well it is the kind of fragrance that will force you to keep sticking your arm up your nose till the time the fragrance lasts on you (which is a very very long time).

After I read up about your experience with Thierry Mugler Angel Men, I picked up a bottle recently & I am loving it - apologies to Mc Donalds.

Thank you for this suggestion - This is something I would have never bought had I not read about it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithaca (Post 4288067)
After I read up about your experience with Thierry Mugler Angel Men, I picked up a bottle recently & I am loving it - apologies to Mc Donalds.

Thank you for this suggestion - This is something I would have never bought had I not read about it here.

You're welcome. It is the perfect scent to wear on those rear occasions when you need to actually stand out. And it is so so potent. 2 sprays and you are done.

Btw added 2 more to my collection :

1. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1508178123.496885.jpg

2. Creed Aventus

Which Perfume/Cologne/Deodorant do you use?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1508178165.201309.jpg

Rightly called the king of perfumes. It's just heavenly to sniff this on yourself. The feeling that you get wearing this is majestic.

Do try it though. Diwali bonus helped this splurge. But nonetheless, I had been itching to get my hands on the Aventus for quite a while.

P.S : Should also be getting Creed's Green Irish Tweed sometime end of this week 😃

In my 28 years of existence, I have possessed a grand total of one perfume! I was never interested in applying perfume on myself. In fact the only perfume I have is a Blue de Chanel which was gifted to me by my wife!

Given my lack of enthusiasm and ignorance about the finer aspects of using perfumes, I see people here using brands which I have never even heard of. I just wanted to ask where do you buy perfumes from? I do not spot these brands (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Creed Aventus, Thierry Mugler Angel Men) whenever I go to your usual Shoppers Stop/Lifestyle. Do you buy such brands from online websites? Also, how costly are these perfumes?

I would really like to try some of these brands, just so that I am not restricted to the usual brands!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil994 (Post 4288839)

2. Creed Aventus

Attachment 1686524

Rightly called the king of perfumes. It's just heavenly to sniff this on yourself. The feeling that you get wearing this is majestic.

Do try it though. Diwali bonus helped this splurge. But nonetheless, I had been itching to get my hands on the Aventus for quite a while.

P.S : Should also be getting Creed's Green Irish Tweed sometime end of this week 😃

Can I ask you where you bought this bottle of Aventus from? I currently own a couple of bottles that I got from strawberry-net a while ago. They smell legit enough however I am yet to find a reliable vendor for creed in India.

Would you mind sharing where you got it from and how much you paid? I heard that creed revised it's prices recently and now a 120ml costs above $400.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saanil (Post 4288968)
In my 28 years of existence, I have possessed a grand total of one perfume! I was never interested in applying perfume on myself. In fact the only perfume I have is a Blue de Chanel which was gifted to me by my wife!

Bleu de Chanel is an excellent perfume I had a bottle would shuffle between that and Bulgari Man for whenever I'm working at an internship especially in offices. Only problem I have with both is the performance; they don't seem to offer that all day performance that you'd like. Bleu de Chanel was a little more versatile though and slightly playful so remained relevant outside the office which is why I suppose I ran through it so quickly. Another versatile and mass appealing designer fragrance you could try out is Dior Sauvage.

Quote:

Given my lack of enthusiasm and ignorance about the finer aspects of using perfumes, I see people here using brands which I have never even heard of. I just wanted to ask where do you buy perfumes from? I do not spot these brands (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Creed Aventus, Thierry Mugler Angel Men) whenever I go to your usual Shoppers Stop/Lifestyle. Do you buy such brands from online websites? Also, how costly are these perfumes?

Creed, Thierry Mugler, Amouage etc are all niche brands they make their perfumes in small batches and aren't typically found in most retail outlets only in specialty or boutique perfume stores or online. As a result they are super expensive too but help you stand out from the crowd.

Quote:

I would really like to try some of these brands, just so that I am not restricted to the usual brands!

If you are okay with the price (my Creed Aventus bottle costed me nearly 20k), then go ahead, but honestly, in most cases they are not worth it. While I love the smell of Creed Aventus, I don't think it is worth the price and there are several other cheaper options out there. Even in terms of compliments, I get a LOT more compliments when wearing designer scents in comparison to niche branded perfumes. I suppose the Designer perfumes are more mass appealing that way. For example my Bulgari au the rouge, gets me the most compliments and is my favourite perfume too it is also a floral fruity scent like Aventus but literally smells of perfection. If you ever come across a bottle of au the rouge, buy it. It is extremely rare sometimes rarer to find than several niche perfumes and I don't care who you are, you will love it. It is a unisex perfume but no one ever seems to care about its lack of masculinity. I haven't come across a single person who hasn't absolutely loved it whereas I've come across many, my girlfriend included, who like Creed Aventus but don't absolutely love it. Whenever I wear au the rouge every girl I've ever dated or been with has always stuck to me always trying to get a whiff of it :D Another great rare perfume is Reflection Man by Amouage, which is a niche brand. If you love Bleu de Chanel you will absolutely love this too it works best in professional environments and most people would never have smelt it before so it gives you that unique and exclusive feel. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 4290411)
they don't seem to offer that all day performance that you'd like.

You mean they do not last all day? Well, what I have observed is that these perfumes perform well for the first 3-4 hours and post that it is barely noticed unless someone comes really really close to you. I travel by local trains/rickshaws/buses - does this in any way reduce the effectiveness of perfumes?

So the niche brands like Creed, Thierry Mugler last more than 3-4 hours?

Quote:

As a result they are super expensive too but help you stand out from the crowd.

I checked them online and saw that they are way beyond my comfort level. But at least I got to know of some brands which I can recommend to people

Quote:

Even in terms of compliments, I get a LOT more compliments when wearing designer scents in comparison to niche branded perfumes. I suppose the Designer perfumes are more mass appealing that way.

Many thanks for your suggestion! I have never received any compliments on my Chanel (apart from my wife). stupid:

My main purpose here is to try to get a feel of what people appreciate in perfumes. I was absolutely dumb in selecting watches but thanks to the awesome thread on Watches on this forum, I believe I have graduated from being a 'novice' to an 'average' level in terms of appreciating watches. I wish to get the same level of knowledge on perfumes from experts like you!