Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 16:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good that you had complained "Thiyags" to the higher authorities and should see whether it bites the dust or some stern action will be taken.

Having worked @ Subramanya Arcade premises around two years back, this bunk is notoriously known as the most blatantly violating bunks ever in Bangalore for quite some time now. There were a couple of occasions when me and some of my friends tried to get even and then the Manager or so eventually diffused off the situation by scolding the attendants. Damn! do they think that those attendants randomly do it unless they have the support of the Bunk Management. Pretty cheap and sub standard guys who never learn unless their license is revoked.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Let's see if the complaints work. If they don't then PM me. I have the numbers for top two officials from BPCL. They are comlpetely in-charge of what goes on in Karnataka.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:21   #18
BHPian

These goons did do this to me once. Clearly made me pay for a few litres that I didnot get.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
So 2nd best practice is to go to COCO bunk. Listen to none. See nowhere except meter and if Rs 200 trick is pulled on you, just drive the car/bike away(after paying Rs200).
These guys did not even open their mouth when i asked them to stop filling and drove off, leave alone asking for 200 bucks.

Thiyags
Old 5th February 2009, 16:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Good that you had complained "Thiyags" to the higher authorities and should see whether it bites the dust or some stern action will be taken.

Having worked @ Subramanya Arcade premises around two years back, this bunk is notoriously known as the most blatantly violating bunks ever in Bangalore for quite some time now. There were a couple of occasions when me and some of my friends tried to get even and then the Manager or so eventually diffused off the situation by scolding the attendants. Damn! do they think that those attendants randomly do it unless they have the support of the Bunk Management. Pretty cheap and sub standard guys who never learn unless their license is revoked.
Hey VJ, was this bunk a COCO(company owned, company operated) bunk then also? I remember someone posted here on TBHP that this was a private bunk initially and BP has thrown out that person and now operating it themselves. I think there is board also which says COCO. And that's the reason I've started filling up at this station and till now I don't have any complaints about quality of fuel here (and even quantity wise till now no issues). But yes, even I've seen those attendants trying to distract customers by asking questions about Credit card and all. They tried it once with me and I didn't even looked at him. I just pointed to the pump meter showing that I'm interested in looking at the meter not in his stupid question.
Regards,
Old 5th February 2009, 16:33   #21
BHPian

Well, This happens in most bunks of bangalore. And this happened to me at an IBP petrol bunk near gowri palya when you are going from Vijaynagar. This is a very common thing, and I ask them simple and straight forward question "Do you want me to come back to your bunk or not? If not, tell me directly instead of cheating and I will stop" and I dont go back to that bunk.

The rule I follow is, until I see the meter is set to zero, I wont open the lid. And actually these guys are stupid..for 20 bucks or so they lose lakhs of business every year. This is how I was calculating, I spend about 1500 per month on petrol, and I would prefer to do it from one bunk that is closest to my place. So per year, it would be about 18k. And when they cheat me, I will inform other friends of mine not to go there..and eventually he loses lets say 18k*5 ppl = 90k per year. For me, it looks like a loss, but then there are so many vehicles that if not me, someone else will always be there to get petrol from them.

And, wasn't there a similar thread which listed all petrol bunks that do such things?
Old 5th February 2009, 16:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
And also i think that if you are doing top up they can't cheat you using this trick.
Kaushik, at the IBP pump, i had asked for full tank. They filled for 200/- and stopped. One guy tried to distract me while the guy filling pretended to reset the meter and continued filling. When the tank was full, they asked for meter reading + 200/- . I just smiled and told them no, meter was not reset, and just paid what the meter reading was.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:53   #23
BHPian

I agree with Sam boy and Amohit, its always better to go to Sheel petrol pumps especially if you are filling petrol to your car since these bunks are very spacious and no one will try to distract you at the time of filling petrol. Apart from good Quality and Quantity you get windshield wash and Air for free
Old 5th February 2009, 17:00   #24
BHPian

Can someone post the e-mail id of any officials who can be contacted with a complaint. It may not make much difference but still i would be happy to do my part in stopping such activities.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:18   #25
BHPian

I had got cheated similarly about 6 months back at the Advaith Bunk, Udupi garden signal. (The one next to A2B). Since then, I have stopped going there and filled up at Shell Hosur road despite it being further away from my home.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Kaushik, at the IBP pump, i had asked for full tank. They filled for 200/- and stopped. One guy tried to distract me while the guy filling pretended to reset the meter and continued filling. When the tank was full, they asked for meter reading + 200/- . I just smiled and told them no, meter was not reset, and just paid what the meter reading was.
This one happened to me at our very own Deva Gowda petrol pump. I ask for full tank, attendant goes and fill for Rs.200. Our friendly cash guy is standing just besides him. When the attendant said "Sir finish', I just said ok and took out the money. But suddenly the cash guy remembered that I asked for full tank and asked the attendant to continue from where it stopped!

What a pack!!!
Old 5th February 2009, 17:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Can someone post the e-mail id of any officials who can be contacted with a complaint. It may not make much difference but still i would be happy to do my part in stopping such activities.

Look here and I believe there is alreadya thread covering these.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:01   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
kaushik_s : Hey VJ, was this bunk a COCO(company owned, company operated) bunk then also? I remember someone posted here on TBHP that this was a private bunk initially and BP has thrown out that person and now operating it themselves. I think there is board also which says COCO.
This BP bunk used to be a COCO long long ago. Not any more. After the contract for the bunk facilities ended, the bunk has been under private operation & mgmt.

The board says fully automated - not as COCO.

BP's COCO is near Shoolay circle, off Richmond Rd.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This BP bunk used to be a COCO long long ago. Not any more. After the contract for the bunk facilities ended, the bunk has been under private operation & mgmt.

The board says fully automated - not as COCO.
Gosh, till this point of time I was thinking that it's a COCO bunk. But anyway I found that petrol quality is quite good at this place. I fill Speed most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
BP's COCO is near Shoolay circle, off Richmond Rd.
Is it the one which comes just after the left turn from Richmond road, towards Adugudi/forum etc?
Old 6th February 2009, 14:16   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

@Kaushik, yes that is the one. Chk the board there.

Reg the BP bunk on B'ghatta Rd - used to fill there when it was a COCO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks