Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 02:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Anybody remember the gruesome ragging death of ViceChancellor Ponnuswamy's son in..1996 I think.

TN passed an anti-ragging act after that incident.
Old 13th March 2009, 07:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
very good post here...i would like to add that these days, down south, ragging has pretty much gone away.

Uhh, no. I studied in TN during the 2002-2006 period. I also keep regular contact with my juniors. Ragging continues unabated.

This is the case with CUSAT in Kerala as well. Some of the newer colleges don't have much problems with it though. But in the old and established ones, the practice continues.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 13th March 2009 at 07:52.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
ha ha, something like that happened to us as well. a bunch of guys from first year pretending to be seniors ended up ragging a final year guy by accident. turned out into a full fledged strike and a fight , and the first years kicked their collective asses. We didnt have any problems from the seniors after that
Dont tell me you studied in coimbatore. A similar incident happend in my college as well when I was in 1st year but did not go to strike level.

We also had ragging but nothing major happened. In fact quite a few seniors became my friends and I am in touch with them even after 12 years post completion.

Thiyags
Old 13th March 2009, 19:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Uhh, no. I studied in TN during the 2002-2006 period. I also keep regular contact with my juniors. Ragging continues unabated.

This is the case with CUSAT in Kerala as well. Some of the newer colleges don't have much problems with it though. But in the old and established ones, the practice continues.
at least in my medical college here in bangalore, it has pretty much stopped. I dunno about the rest in town, but i havent heard of a major incident in some time..
Old 13th March 2009, 21:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Well there was this case which happened when i was in college.

We were in the first year and I joined in a hostel which belonged to the college owner but was not the college hostel. Provided better facilities and all. So the first day i meet my roomie who was from delhi and new in blr. Ask him is ragging there and he says the affirmative and says its been going on daily till 2 in th night.
Well i told people am a localite and for few even lied that my dad was a cop. So both me and my roomie never were called. But there were this eager bunch of guys in my batch who used to carry all juniors along and get ragged.
One day we were all called to this apartment of some senior who was some don or some nonsense and all were compulsarily invited. We all dressed up in our uniform which was formal shirt and trousers any time of the day and set off to this place. We reached there and all stood in a line and there were 3 massive seniors inside. My first time and i was scared. Then a senior comes and stands in the main door and was threatening as to where was everyone.
Next instant this same senior is in the room and he is purring "Good evening sir"

I was stunned. The college Physical director was there and alongside him was a cop in mufti. Awesome. The next one hour was spent in us getting blasted for going to their house and these guys were restigated for a few days from college.

Was it worth it. Well of course it was. These guys deserved it and threatening a junior is not a way to get to know him. Have seen people getting ragged but i have never done the same.
The college in question is Ramaiah and all i can say is there are lot of good guys in seniors and i also knew seniors who went out the way to protect guys from gettting ragged but One rotten apple always comes up.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:57   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Anybody remember the gruesome ragging death of ViceChancellor Ponnuswamy's son in..1996 I think.

TN passed an anti-ragging act after that incident.
Going OT. But you guys might want to read this.
The Hindu : John David acquittal: Govt. to file SLP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks