Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2005, 13:40   #16
BHPian

alrite dude i have to agree with you its no point in arguing for a wrong thing but this is my experience once a cop caught me driving my dio (non gear) and i didnt have licence or the papers so the cop asked me how much money do u have i said none then he said then come to police station and then my friend came talked to him then u know what he agreed for a ciggratte packet. i was totally shocked
Old 12th May 2005, 14:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

hi guys, let's stop saying these same things against kooldude. kooldude understands that he was wrong and he has admitted to it. we all should credit him to the way he has come up and said, "i have done wong here. i am not matured enough, etc." hope he learns from his mistake. let's be the good guys.
Old 12th May 2005, 14:10   #18
BHPian

thanks deepak atleast you understand me
Old 12th May 2005, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Thats a rocking story! =))

You should look at renaming this post 'The Age of the Pandu'!
Old 12th May 2005, 14:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
hi guys, let's stop saying these same things against kooldude. kooldude understands that he was wrong and he has admitted to it. we all should credit him to the way he has come up and said, "i have done wong here. i am not matured enough, etc." hope he learns from his mistake. let's be the good guys.
I have nothing against kooldude. Like I mentioned in my earlier post Im not referring to kooldude in particular but generally to how some people think.
Old 12th May 2005, 15:07   #21
BHPian

disgusting

In India the "chalta hai" attitude has made even our cops who dont want to learn a thing new. you shold look at the cops in any of the police stations in Mumbai or New Mumbai, do they have any kind of sophistication on their faces. even if you are not good looking, your face should be have a demeanour of its own to make you different from a normal citizen, i dont think except for Ahmad Javed there is any other cop who looks and behaves like a cop.

if all these aspects arent taken into consideration then how on earth they are gonna make world class citizen friendly police stations wherein anybody specially women can go to a police station, complain about their grievances and feel safe at the same time.

for the policemen, losing a cell isnt a big thing but for most of citizens it is like losing something very important. so dont feel embarassed or scared and just be confident about demanding your rights and making them do their duties.

shubbhi
Old 12th May 2005, 15:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

If your operator supports an EIR, you can lodge a complaint with the concerned Operator and they will have the serial number of your phone blocked.

This is not very difficult to circumvent (since there are any number of hacks that help you change your serial number) but it would give you a chance to get the numbers of the people currently using your phone.

Go to the operator - at least you wont get to hear 'hindi mein bolo' for your name. I wonder what he would've said if VVS Laxman had stated his full name?
Old 12th May 2005, 17:04   #23
BHPian

ya maana i totally agree with you after that more rape case we all fear to send our sisters out. as we feel it is not safe for them common guys most of you must be having sisters and i bet u no will be sending them to places such as nariman point etc as u must be also feeling the same .Today women keep a safe distance from cops because the cops themselves have created their negative image
Old 12th May 2005, 17:23   #24
BHPian

Fyi

Guys

the ranking given to the mumbai police, coupla years ago, as second best in the world was purely to the Crime Branch, Mumbai and not the entire force, and the dept really deserved that esp after what they did to the mumbai underworld around 5-7 years ago

but still have to admit that in case of crisis like riots n all, they have done a marvellous job.

they must be ultra corrupt, but they are sincere many a times
Old 12th May 2005, 17:58   #25
BHPian

Seems to be coming out directly from a comic script to me!! Earlier there was the Mafia that the common man was afraid off...now its the police.
Old 25th May 2005, 10:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Fbi
2. Scotland Yard Pd.
3. Mumbai Pd.
couldn't stop laughing at that.... FBI...scotland yard... and then Mumbai PD... do u have any idea what u're talking??
Old 25th May 2005, 20:46   #27
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatingdeath
one of my sisters friend lost her cell.

she went to the police station and said i wanna lodge a complain my cell is flicked the cop said ok

the cop there asked her name
she said

Suzzane Dias
guess what the cop asked next
" hindi main bolo"

what a nerd .....

finally he made her write her name
as sujan days (in hindi )
Not every cop is as literate as you are, he could be 10th standard pass. He may not be as fluent in English as you are. May not be English medium school product. Not necessarily every cop has English as mother toung.

When he said 'Hindi main Bolo' , he could meant 'how do you spell i't.

By the way if you come across any chinese / japanese / korean name (real tounge twisters) probably you too land into similar situation and will make similar mistakes just like 'sujan days'.

Corruption is a different topic to discuss but ridiclue someone just because s/he doesn't understand a foreign language doesn't sound good.

By the way come to US , and you'll see that American won't understand our Hinglish accents too and they too laugh at us (not in front of us). Go to a sandwitch shop and ask a vegie sandwitch saying 'without meat' they won't undestand it , you have to say 'No meat' then they'll get it.

Are you going to make fun of Americans that they don't understand 'Without meat' thing?

Last edited by SMG : 25th May 2005 at 20:47. Reason: typo
Old 25th May 2005, 20:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG
Not every cop is as literate as you are, he could be 10th standard pass. He may not be as fluent in English as you are. May not be English medium school product. Not necessarily every cop has English as mother toung.

When he said 'Hindi main Bolo' , he could meant 'how do you spell i't.

By the way if you come across any chinese / japanese / korean name (real tounge twisters) probably you too land into similar situation and will make similar mistakes just like 'sujan days'.

Corruption is a different topic to discuss but ridiclue someone just because s/he doesn't understand a foreign language doesn't sound good.

By the way come to US , and you'll see that American won't understand our Hinglish accents too and they too laugh at us (not in front of us). Go to a sandwitch shop and ask a vegie sandwitch saying 'without meat' they won't undestand it , you have to say 'No meat' then they'll get it.

Are you going to make fun of Americans that they don't understand 'Without meat' thing?

Excellent. Do not laugh at others weakness. There are people who are strong at where u r weak.
Old 25th May 2005, 22:38   #29
BHPian

come on man .... its logic your name is the same in every god gamn language ...... it literally doesnt change.....guys please dont be so sentimental about it...... we are talking about common sense
Old 3rd June 2005, 15:51   #30
BHPian

This was one hell of a discussion hey scuderia you are right its the crime branch thats third and not the traffic police and the other fellows!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks