Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 15:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

Teratogens – Chemicals that are capable of causing developmental abnormalities in utero are called Teratogens

Teratology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For more info google on teratogen leather
Old 25th March 2009, 15:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
What if this was about asoline? Coming from the seat covers? it is poisonous, but doesn't kill you. Literally.
I wonder how it would cause abortion. Most drivers in Abu Dhabi are male.
That's how it kills/causes abortions. I hope mods will allow me poetic licence without warnings to edit the original as below ...
Attached Thumbnails
Hazards to health while Driving-gas.jpg  

Old 25th March 2009, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh so there is a gas called gasoline. That's profound, my dear passenger.
What about the after effects of "mooli ke paranthe" washed down with thick lassi?
Old 25th March 2009, 19:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What if this was about asoline? Coming from the seat covers? it is poisonous, but doesn't kill you. Literally.
Aye, it doesn't kill, thank the good Lord. And this is indeed the better way of letting it pass, albeit with some distress to the olfactory glands.
The old adage does warn that when time comes to lay, do not hold it in. The gases travel up the spine, get into the brain and that is where all shitty ideas come from!
Old 25th March 2009, 20:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

have you observed that the older a person gets, more meticulous he becomes in not holding it and releasing it with full force, lest it should go up the spine.
Old 25th March 2009, 20:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
have you observed that the older a person gets, more meticulous he becomes in not holding it and releasing it with full force, lest it should go up the spine.
Alas, the wisdom comes late! Having spewed shitty ideas unwittingly all their life, there comes a time when they finally understand what was causing those momentary lapses! Bombs away!
Old 26th March 2009, 09:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Aye, it doesn't kill, thank the good Lord. And this is indeed the better way of letting it pass, albeit with some distress to the olfactory glands.
The old adage does warn that when time comes to lay, do not hold it in. The gases travel up the spine, get into the brain and that is where all shitty ideas come from!
That was hilarious Anup.
Old 26th March 2009, 12:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But let us discuss this further.
The Japanese, who are masters of innovation, have toilet seats that detect release of gas and immediately turn on extractor fans and deodorant nozzles in the closet.

It is not clear why have they not incorporated this technology into cars, to turn the AC vent flaps to fresh air mode whenever such questionable/hazardous conditions get created in the car.

Speculation is that sufficient research has not been conducted on populations on a demographic basis to establish the composition of the gasses emitted.
Sensors might fail prematurely in ceratin countries, due to specific eating habits and the lethal gases produced as a consequence. This could translate into additional cost for warranty replacement of sensors.

There could, in countries like America, be a spate of lawsuits arising from failure of the detection system and people being thereby subjected to lethal gas mixtures. Consequential damages could run into the millions.

Such a system would also need to be made prankster-proof so that rival car makers cannot compromise the AC system by making rivals' cars go into a sort of limp-home mode (fresh air mode), by planting/hiding time release capsules or pellets of gas somewhere in the cabin. A manual over-ride switch could resolve this issue but defeats the basic automatic function. The system would lose almost all its charm.

There is also the concern that it could prove very difficult to find Service Centre staff willing to test/service these sensors, or search cars for mischievously planted gas capsules. Studies are on to determine the added cost that such service would entail.

Once these issues are sorted out through field research, it would be another car 'demon' banished.
As the old bumper sticker says: Cars do not pollute, car farts do. They are the main hazard to health while driving.
Smoking is not of as much concern considering that only about 20% of any demographic are smokers. Ripping, however, is done by 100% of all demographies.

Over to you, Your Yetiship.
Old 26th March 2009, 12:34   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Gassing is a Hazard to Health while Driving

Coming back to the topic of the thread, which should read "Gassing is a Hazard to Health while Driving", substantial release of methane in a car cabin with the windows rolled up, simultaneously while smoking, may lead to a major conflagration within the cabin and result in loss of control by the driver and subsequent fatalities, either due to heat or impact. Drivers who smoke are therefore advised to occlude methane-emitting orifices with sufficiently-sized rubberized accessories while driving, to prevent such accidents.

It is common knowledge that member anupmathur smokes heavily, which may be detrimental to his health according to all medical opinion.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 26th March 2009 at 12:38.
Old 26th March 2009, 14:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
... sufficiently-sized rubberized accessories
Commonly known as 'butch' in Mumbai parlance?

This, however, is not the ideal solution as you would then be spewing out shitty ideas incessantly!

Kindly go through the earlier posts on the subject!
Old 26th March 2009, 15:17   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This, however, is not the ideal solution
Nothing in life, Sir, is an ideal solution. As we all know, dissolving solids in liquids produce solutions. Some solutions are a compromise, some are otherwise (don't blame me for turning philosophical, it's just the gas). But spewing out shi*ty ideas is a more acceptable compromise than facing life-threatening situations.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Fart-shmart, population-copulation - it's all japanese to me.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:00   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fart-shmart, population-copulation - it's all japanese to me.
Chinese, Japanese, Ba*tameez - it's all the same methane to me.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
The Japanese, who are masters of innovation, have toilet seats that detect release of gas and immediately turn on extractor fans and deodorant nozzles in the closet.

It is not clear why have they not incorporated this technology into cars, to turn the AC vent flaps to fresh air mode whenever such questionable/hazardous conditions get created in the car.

Over to you, Your Yetiship.
Here's my take on this despite not passing my engineering (hint BCom )

detect release of gas = disturbance in pressure ? am i right ?
2ndly cars have variable pressure environments, say 1) Sub woofers, speakers, windows open/closed, airconditioners with variable blower speeds etc.

Now they have not built in pressure sensitive sensors for various reasons most important of all, because of pollution outside or it may be raining/snowing etc. Weather matters too.

A toilet in all possibilities is a place where pressure is constant (no puns please). In such an environment its possible to understand changes in pressure to start air evacuation systems.

Now brick = bats are most welcome on my theory, please PM me, ill mail you my address- the real estate industry is going thru a rough patch, ill use those bricks for construction.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks