Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-101.html)

Anybody watched "Paranormal Activity". I heard it's supposed to be really scary. Going to watch this weekend

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjebs (Post 1625725)
Anybody watched "Paranormal Activity". I heard it's supposed to be really scary. Going to watch this weekend

Lots of comments on this movie a coupe of pages back. Please take a look :)

Watched " The River Wilds" starring Meryl Streep and Kevin Bacon.

Story of a river rafting guide ( Merlyn) on a holiday involving rafting through a river with her son and husband when a couple of strangers ( Kevin and some other guy) create havoc in their life.

Nice gripping movie and i am a big fan of Kevin Bacon so i like him in the negative shades a lot.

Merly Streep as we all know is a great actor, so she stood her ground.

I wouldnt say must watch but definetly an enjoyable movie. And, some awesome river rafting scenes.

3.5/5

Btw, anyone saw " All the President's men"? How is it? It got delivered today:)

That's River Wild. Nice movie.

^^^
i liked it very much. someone will find it slow. based on nixon's administration

I searched this thread and saw that no bodys listed 'napoleon dynamite'!

Its a comedy but not everyone will like it but I would more than recommend it!

Bruno-

Usual Sacha Baron Cohen type of comedy but again not for everyone. This ones purely 'R'! Some scenes of male & female frontal nudity. I would not recommend this to everyone!

3:10 to Yuma : Nice well paced movie. There never was a dull moment. 7.5/10..

I am talking about the movie " Knowing " starring Nicolas Cage.
Link to IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/

In this movie from 36:53 time, you can see the traffic jam site. From Window of Cage's F-150, you can see Hyundai Getz. On closer examination of the scene, you will notice that the other cars are Right Hand Drive which is not the case with US. The specific scene ends on 39:00 mins.

Very funny, but these errors are generally not seen in Hollywood movies.

knowing is an amazing movie.
watched it 3 times.nicolas cage acting was brilliant.

aaggoswami-what are you doing man!!!
are you seeing the moving through lens ...lol....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1626522)
Btw, anyone saw " All the President's men"? How is it? It got delivered today:)

Watched this movie starring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman made in 1976.

One of the finest reporting and investigative movies that i ever saw. This movie highlights how newspaper journalists are tenacious and dedicated to get their stories at any cost.

Also, this movie outlines the infamous watergate scandal during the Nixon regime.

As SirAlec said, it's a slow movie but definetly a must watch.

4/5

Avi--I saw that movie in the early 80s, and I do recall i was a well-made movie, centered on Nixon's Watergate scandal.

Meanwhile, watched 'Defiance' today in HD content on my new WD Media Player. It was a good movie on WW 2 in Belorussia---how Jews fled to the forest to escape Germans.
The forest shots were fabulous, esp in High Defintion. I'd rate it as 3.5/5.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the hero was the guy who played James Bond in the latest movies---don't recall his name.

^^^^^

Daniel Criag!!

Booked Friday night tickets for Avatar (3D). :)

Now keeping my fingers crossed and NOT reading the reviews :D

Just watched '' The Surrogates '' starring bruce Willis.

Nice Sci Fi - in the near future everyone has a surrogate or a computer robot which is controlled by the owner. Crime rates are zero. When a murder happens things seem to be quite different from what they are.

4/5

Who has seen Attack the Gas Station ?
A Korean Movie. This is one laugh riot(different comedy style) actually insipired by real life copycats per the director. Attack the Gas Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rating : 4/5

Ichi the killer
A japanese movie. Black Comedy type, i bet that all other gore movies i've seen, this is one of best and made so very natural. i'd say its meant 21+ audience only and not meant for the weak heart.
Ichi the Killer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rating : 5/5
The stuff is made so authentic and life like. It gave me the freaks for atleast a week.

Night Watch(2004) and Day Watch (2006)
A russian sci-fi'ish/horror movie vampire movie ..... based on a novel. Its fight between the light and dark other's. A great, great movie to watch.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Watch_(2004_film)
Day Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rating 4.7/5 for both. Few poth oles are present, however the novel cover's up the potholes of the movie.

Since i dont see much of foreign movie's postings, hence i posted the best one's i know. They are few more as well. Need to dig them up.