Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1380655)
Dont forget to up the volume on your home theatre when the lions growl. Really wicked sound:D. Awesome movie. Enjoy !!!

The growl was really wicked indeed. What a movie!! Hats off to the hunter of the two lions. I still can't digest the fact that this movie is based on a real incident.

The Ghost and the darkness - 5/5

Also watched 'Leon - The Professional' . Another excellent movie. 4/5

French Kiss

Meg Ryan stars in this cheerful little movie about chasing back your love, after he has dumped you for someone else. To chase him back, she has to overcome her fear of flying since Paris is where the action is taking place.

A nice way to spend one of those weekends and as for the lead characters, they're truly convincing.

Bennyboy Rating : ***1/2

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-soren390med_fkiss_gif.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by cargirl (Post 1385610)
Any one seen Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince yet?

Saw Harry Potter : Half Blood Prince, Story line is good (though who had already read the books, its no surprise for them). With more special effects and magic tricks, its surely watchable. Its love in the air for all Harry's friends and more furious attacks of dark forces, it leaves you with a dumbstruck ending. Rest I don't want to be blamed for spilling the beans :D

@benny - Thats again a conservative rating for such a lovely movie :p

Btw there was a hindi remake of this movie called "Pyar Toh Hona Hi Tha" with Ajay Devgan & Kajol

watched these two old movies saturday.

1. jackie brown. one more cult by Quentin Tarintino.
2. Rocketman. so so movie.

Untraceable ! tried 4-5 times to complete the film. Wasnt of my taste. Gross for me torturing humans. Its about a psycho killer who runs a forum which shows how he kills pets/people. The more hits his site gets the more faster one dies. 2.5/5

Pink Panther 2 : 3/5

Was happy to see an Indian playing a lead role. Think I started laughing within 2 min after the movie started. The guy, Steve Martin rules. Fun to watch with family. The Pope part was super cool. Lol.

Death Proof: Was on some movie channel. Saw the last half an hour. Was grippy and hence saw it. Hope they play it again. The director also did the forthcoming film Inglourious Basterds ;)

saw 21 grams 21 Grams (2003)
its a very well made movie and I quite liked the story - however the non-linear presentation makes things a bit confusing in the start, you do catch up after the first 20 mins or so
my rating 4/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1391450)

Death Proof: Was on some movie channel. Saw the last half an hour. Was grippy and hence saw it. Hope they play it again. The director also did the forthcoming film Inglourious Basterds ;)

It is as weird and wacky as any Quentin Tarantino movie :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1391237)
@benny - Thats again a conservative rating for such a lovely movie :p

Btw there was a hindi remake of this movie called "Pyar Toh Hona Hi Tha" with Ajay Devgan & Kajol

:D It certainly is a lovely movie, no doubt about that!

There was a remake of this movie in Malayalam as well. It didnt live up to the standard of the original for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1391172)
French Kiss

I remember watching this movie the night before an exam, many years ago. I failed the exam spectacularly, but I felt the movie was completely worth it.:D

There's this little jig that Meg Ryan does by the sea side after wrecking her ex boyfriend's romance, it is extremely disjointed and completely out of rhythm, but I fell in love with her for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 1391721)
I remember watching this movie the night before an exam, many years ago. I failed the exam spectacularly, but I felt the movie was completely worth it.:D

There's this little jig that Meg Ryan does by the sea side after wrecking her ex boyfriend's romance, it is extremely disjointed and completely out of rhythm, but I fell in love with her for it.

Pay careful attention to a particular passage in the movie.
The hero & heroine get off the train. They are then sitting in the garden,
sipping wine with the hero's family. Kevin Kline wants to search
Meg Ryan's purse. So he opens the garden gate & steps out of the
gate to look at Meg's purse. At this time (around the time he is opening the
garden gate), there is a background music which plays for a very short time
- maybe for quarter of a minute. Now hear the starting music of Masakali (Delhi-6).

French Kiss a super movie. Meg Ryan has acted in a lot of nice romantic movies -
When Harry Met Sally being my favourite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 1391721)

Oh boy! That jig can never be forgotten!
Meg Ryan is among my fav actresses, and her expressions are just priceless.

Between, what do you gutys think of the guy who played Luc in the movie? He was quite good as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1391450)
Death Proof: Was on some movie channel. Saw the last half an hour. Was grippy and hence saw it. Hope they play it again.

Watch it on DVD. All the fun scenes were edited out. Surprisingly, the lap dance in the beginning was all there!!

Quote:

what do you gutys think of the guy who played Luc in the movie?
Kevin Kline. Awesome actor. He also plays Chief Inspector Dreyfuss in the Pink Panther movies. Check his work in Consenting Adults, A fish called Wanda, and Wild Wild West (hilarious as Artie).

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1392149)
Kevin Kline. Awesome actor. He also plays Chief Inspector Dreyfuss in the Pink Panther movies. Check his work in Consenting Adults, A fish called Wanda, and Wild Wild West (hilarious as Artie).

Agree. He is one of those actors who brings that larger than life stuff to the characters very much like Tom Hanks.