Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-55.html)

It is Babel, I haven't seen the full movie, but only that scene.:)

Friday the 13th 09

Was looking forward to a nice slasher movie but it turned out to be a complete waste of time.
NO character development at all.
NO story whatsoever ,just mindless action.
Even Jason looked tired ,i mean it actually looked like he was not in the mood to kill.

Avoidable.

2/5

A friend of mine mentioned a movie where a Jewish father keeps his son motivated in a concentration camp, maintaining all along that the happenings are a game. i believe the boy gets thrilled when Allied forces come to rescue him. can somebody tell me the name of the movie? i am interested in watching this.
thanks.

That would be Life is Beautiful

Read Here

thanks Technocrat. i am surprised that Big Flix does not have that title

Oh god, now you reminded me of that crazy Ocsar acceptance speech by Roberto Benigni.

YouTube - Roberto Benigni goes wild at the Oscars®

How's the movie " Dog Day Afternoon" ? Anybody seen it?

I would recommend Der Baader Meinhof Komplex,one of the best movie i saw recently.I would give it 5/5,with excellent camera work,good sound effects,very good direction and above all stunning acting.A very nice over-all package.

another movie is Midnight Express, a true story about american guy in turkish jail after being caught at airport with illegal drugs.I would give it 3.5/5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1405397)
How's the movie " Dog Day Afternoon" ? Anybody seen it?

Saw this movie yesterday. Fine Acting by a young and handsome looking Al Pacino. It's a true story about 2 nobodies trying to rob a NY bank and they fail miserably since they are are not hard core thieves and have no experience in such situations.

It is really funny to see hostage negotiations wherein the cops/crowd/media go out of the way to help the robbers.

Real reason for robbing the bank was to fund the sex change operation of Al Pacino's male lover.:D

Its a mix of comedy and thriller and got nominated for 6 Academy awards and won one for screenplay, i think.

4/5

Anybody seen the Video of " Pink Floyd-Live at Pompeii" ? I got that DVD delivered today.

One of my prized possession is DVD of " Pink Floyd Concert Live in Berlin 1991 concert" that is probably the best rock concerts recorded live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1408537)
Anybody seen the Video of " Pink Floyd-Live at Pompeii" ? I got that DVD delivered today.

This thread is unusally silent. I make a query and answer it on my own:Frustrati

It was ok'sh and i loved the two songs " Us and Them" and " Brain Damage" and loads and loads of their recording footage. This was shot in 1972 and oh boy ! David Gilmour was one good looking dude, looking at him now, could imagine what age can do to a man.:eek:

Any reviews on the animation movie : Madagascar : Escape to Africa 2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1408537)

One of my prized possession is DVD of " Pink Floyd Concert Live in Berlin 1991 concert" that is probably the best rock concerts recorded live.

Do you mean The Wall - Live in Berlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
this was in 1990 by roger waters (not all of pink floyd i guess)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1409457)
This thread is unusally silent. I make a query and answer it on my own:Frustrati

It was ok'sh and i loved the two songs " Us and Them" and " Brain Damage" and loads and loads of their recording footage. This was shot in 1972 and oh boy ! David Gilmour was one good looking dude, looking at him now, could imagine what age can do to a man.:eek:

Didnt I post about Madagascar 2? Isnt that great. Just ok. The graphics is too comicky for me. Can watch one time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1409457)

Excellent movie IMHO. But for this you will have to see some HD or Mini HD version, else you will feel boring as the graphics are then not good. You will not fully enjoy the movie if its not HD or mini HD atleast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1409487)
Do you mean The Wall - Live in Berlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
this was in 1990 by roger waters (not all of pink floyd i guess)

My bad, yes that was the live at berlin in 1990 with only waters playing with a bunch of other good stars like Bryan Adams, Cyndi Lauper etc.

Awesome live showmanship:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1409561)
Didnt I post about Madagascar 2? Isnt that great. Just ok. The graphics is too comicky for me. Can watch one time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1409590)
Excellent movie IMHO. But for this you will have to see some HD or Mini HD version, else you will feel boring as the graphics are then not good. You will not fully enjoy the movie if its not HD or mini HD atleast.

I just finished watching and the print was excellent so liked the movie very much. Hollywood guys know how to mix and match comedy, emotion and drama

4/5