Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-5.html)

Saw " No Country for Old Men" Starring Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin.

A typical texas accented ( love this accent) movie which is more of a hunt for a single individual who steals some money and the hunter who happens to be the villain is heart of this movie. Fantastic acting by Javier Bardem as the hunter and this movie is in QT and Rodriquez style though it is made by the Coen Brothers ( who are incidentally famous only for comedies).

This is an academy award winning movie for best movie and best supporting actor ( Javier). It's certainly worth a watch

3.5/5

Seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_(film)

Little bit difficult to digest !

Rating : 4/5

Anyone seen watchmen yet?! I am waiting (actually dying) for it to release here in India.
Thanks for your inputs Nitrous, waiting for 'Yaavarum Nalam' version to be released in a theatre in Bangalore.

Saw Speed Racer again last night. The visual effects are awesome in that movie. Must watch if you love car racing.
Rating- 4.5/5

You dont mess with the Zohan

This one is a rib tickler for sure. Adam Sandler proves his versatility playing Zohan an anti-terrorist from Israel, who is fed up of all the violence and fighting that has plagued Israel and Palestine. He gives it all up to become a hair dresser in the US with his own characteristic style.

The stunts in the movie make you wonder if you stumbled into a Rajini movie by mistake, but make no mistake, Zohan it is. Quite a bit of scenes are non-family friendly, and thats needs to be considered when watching this movie.

Bennyboy Rating : ***1/2

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1210080)
You dont mess with the Zohan

This one is a rib tickler for sure. Adam Sandler proves his versatility playing Zohan an anti-terrorist from Israel, who is fed up of all the violence and fighting that has plagued Israel and Palestine. He gives it all up to become a hair dresser in the US with his own characteristic style...

This is really one hell of a movie! But would suggest the kids (children) be kept out! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1208326)
Saw " No Country for Old Men" ... Javier Bardem ...

... the hunter who happens to be the villain is heart of this movie. Fantastic acting by Javier Bardem as the hunter ...

That guy is simply the best! Watch him in Vicki Cristina Barcelona and you wouldn't believe this is the same guy who played Anton Chigurrh in NCOM. He would even have made a better Terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 1209861)

Did you mean the Identity starring John Cusack, Ray Liotta and Amanda Peet? The one where all the hell breaks loose in a Motel? I really liked that movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1210141)
This is really one hell of a movie! But would suggest the kids (children) be kept out! :D

+1. Also you cant watch it with family. Complete entertainer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 1209918)
Anyone seen watchmen yet?! I am waiting (actually dying) for it to release here in India.
Thanks for your inputs Nitrous, waiting for 'Yaavarum Nalam' version to be released in a theatre in Bangalore.

Waiting for it myself. Should be awesome, considering the reviews it's getting outside India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 1210247)
That guy is simply the best! Watch him in Vicki Cristina Barcelona and you wouldn't believe this is the same guy who played Anton Chigurrh in NCOM. He would even have made a better Terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Yeah, what a nerve chilling stare and dialogue delivery, i was totally impressed. Super that you even remember the character name:)

I will have to dig out the movie you mentioned? Hope it's a thriller too?

saw valkyrie. really didnt find it too great. after watching things like prison break i expect even tiny details of any plot to be shown.stupid:

Has anyone seen " The Hitcher-2, I been waiting". Any reviews or comments for the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1210724)

I will have to dig out the movie you mentioned? Hope it's a thriller too?

Nope Vicki Cristina is a drama, a Woody Allen movie. Watch out for the chemistry between Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1210724)
...I will have to dig out the movie you mentioned? Hope it's a thriller too?

Actually, Vicki Cristina Barcelona is a romance-drama. And Bardem plays an Artist living in the Now, who is very much in touch with his sensual side. And a lucky guy (?) stuck between 3 great women. Lots of eye candy, with Scarlett Johansson & Penelope Cruz.

Rebecca Hall is also eye candy, but with the other two around... :D She has also acted very well in the movie, so we tend to focus more on the content than the ummm... presentation.

Very nice movie, really worth a watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 1211449)
Actually, Vicki Cristina Barcelona is a romance-drama. And Bardem plays an Artist living in the Now, who is very much in touch with his sensual side. And a lucky guy (?) stuck between 3 great women. Lots of eye candy, with Scarlett Johansson & Penelope Cruz.

Rebecca Hall is also eye candy, but with the other two around... :D She has also acted very well in the movie, so we tend to focus more on the content than the ummm... presentation.

Very nice movie, really worth a watch.

Sounds quite interesting. I am sure it is paisa vasool ( not that i am going to spend money to watch this movie) with Scarlett and Penelope. I searched and it ain't available on Bigflix:Frustrati