Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-13.html)

Has anyone seen Fast and Furious???

If any of you is interested in watching dark love story then i would suggest Geigen Die Wand - its a Turkish German Movie ("Head on" in English).

Its directed by Fatih Akin (Turkish German immigrant). Watch it with subtitles. Amazing movie experience. (I ended up downloading all his movies and already saw 3 and each one is gem). He captures human emotions without words. One gets to travel with the character.

Its a about 2 turkish immigrants in German. They get married for different reasons but eventually end up knowing how powerful love is.

I know I am almost a decade late, but saw Shawshank Redemption during the weekend. Very nice, among the top movies.

4.5 / 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1248159)
I know I am almost a decade late, but saw Shawshank Redemption during the weekend. Very nice movies, among the top movies.

4.5 / 5

I watched it 3 years earlier than you. Yep, great movie. Released in 1994.

Watched a few war movies recently,
1. A bridge too far - this movie is about the real event of Operation Market Garden. It's basically the actual events enacted. Although I liked the movie because I came to know few things about this failed operation but somehow I like war movies which have a small story of the war instead of depicting the complete events. This movie kind of reminded me of LOC-Kargil. Here I wish they've made a movie on the story of John Dutton Frost, the character portrayed by Anthony Hopkins. But ovrerall, definitely worth a watch.

2. Guns of Navarone : This movie is about an espionage operation to disable the Guns at Navarone which were posing big threat to Allied Naval forces. Liked this movie a lot, the way the story unfolded, twists in the tale etc. Again here I felt that Lakshya has copied the scene of mountain climbing from one scene of this movie. A must watch.

Saw " Gone Baby Gone" starring Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris.

It's about a little girl gone missing and Casey is a private detective hired to find her. The story is really cool and puts you in a dilema whether the supposedly crime is really a crime and not an act of kindness.

Nice, easy and slow movie but quite gripping at the same time.

I am assuming Casey is Ben Affleck's brother. Btw, Ben is the director of this movie and a first for him.

3/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1248666)
Saw " Gone Baby Gone" starring Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris.

It's about a little girl gone missing and Casey is a private detective hired to find her. The story is really cool and puts you in a dilema whether the supposedly crime is really a crime and not an act of kindness.

Nice, easy and slow movie but quite gripping at the same time.

I am assuming Casey is Ben Affleck's brother. Btw, Ben is the director of this movie and a first for him.

3/5

Its a nice movie but i didn't like the climax.

May be the child should have been left with Morgan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1248679)
Its a nice movie but i didn't like the climax.

May be the child should have been left with Morgan.

I agree. It should have been kept it that ways.

So Casey was wrong by not letting her stay with Morgan. Sad ending, but the movie itself was dark, so in a way appropriate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 1248522)
...2. Guns of Navarone : This movie is about an espionage operation to disable the Guns at Navarone which were posing big threat to Allied Naval forces. Liked this movie a lot, the way the story unfolded, twists in the tale etc. Again here I felt that Lakshya has copied the scene of mountain climbing from one scene of this movie. A must watch.

An all time classic! One of those movies that I place with 'Mackenna's Gold'.

The other one is 'Force 10 from Navarone'.

Watched Bedtime Stories and Namesake this weekend.

Bedtime Stories - Average Movie,though the kids shown in the movie were cute.

RATING - 2.5/5

Namesake - An horrible movie from Mira Nair

RATING - 1/5

Saw and liked (a lot) Vanishing Point (1971) yesteday.
Chronicles a guy named Kowalski's journey across the American hinterland, in order to deliver a Dodge Challenger.
Gets a 3.5/5.

PS : For a car lover, saw this movie rather late! :)

Vanishing Point is one of my all time favourite movies :) Just can't get enough of that V8 soundtrack!

Saw the latest instalment of Fast & Furious this weekend. Neat cars but I expected more races, more redlining from the movie. was slightly disappointing. Vin Diesel's stunner from the first flick ( dunno if it was a diesel too :D) makes a reappearance. What a beast!

I too watched Fast and furious. Ok types movie...one time watch for sure. Would give 3/5

Seen 2 movies this weekend-
Fast and Furious 4 -
I liked it. Story is kinda bollywodish however movie has a good pace. If you like racings and cars you may like this one. Nice to see Vin diesel and his car back.
You may not enjoy this if you see it on a DVD. Its a hall movie.

Rating 4/5

Memento -
Had heard so many praises here about this one but was disappointed. I feel Aamir acted much better in Ghajjini as far as portraying emotions go.

Rating 3/5

Also seen KungFu Hustle again. Amazing graphics in this movie.