Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1241056)
What do you expect from a Romantic comedy? Suspense ?

Who said romantic movies cant have a twist and turn?
Watch Sweet november for the reference.
+ i dont think JM is a complete romantic movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare (Post 1241079)
Lionardo DiCaprio has really grown into a dependable actor. He is also cast in many Martin Scoresese (my favourite Hollywood Director) films. He did a good job in Revolutionary Road too. Tonight I am going to watch Blood Diamond.

If you like Leonardo's work you gonna love Blood Diamond for the intense acting,trust me. In fact i feel the guy who played the Negro slaves part in that acted better than Leonardo and if i rem correctly he got an Oscar for it (probably as supporting actor)

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1241106)
FnF-4 releases on 3rd April. Let's see how soon we get a review. ;)

I would give that not more than 2.5/5

I got a choice between akshays movie and FNF- 4 to see on 3rd. Am inclined towards FNF and my gf towards Akshays. In the end you may guess who will win:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1241154)
It's one of my all time favourites. It's what I call a perfect movie. You cannot fault with it. Right from start to end it's perfect.

I'd second your ratings and even give it 4.5/5.

Even imdb gives it a 7.7/10 which is high.

I forgot to rate it myself- 4.5/5.

Redline (2007) :
Pathetic movie. No storyline. Full of cliches.
Gets 1/5 from my side. Buttt...leading lady Nadia Bjorlin... ohh man, she gets 5/5!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 1241514)
Redline (2007) :
Pathetic movie. No storyline. Full of cliches.
Gets 1/5 from my side. Buttt...leading lady Nadia Bjorlin... ohh man, she gets 5/5!

5/5? May I ask why?

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-nadiabjorlin06.jpg

Pic courtesy Maxitmag.

:Shockked: :Shockked:. Only a 5/5 rating ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1241497)
If you like Leonardo's work you gonna love Blood Diamond for the intense acting,trust me. In fact i feel the guy who played the Negro slaves part in that acted better than Leonardo and if i rem correctly he got an Oscar for it (probably as supporting actor)

Really loved the movie. Not just the acting, the issue of conflict diamonds was an eye opener for me. The black actor is Djimon Hounsou who ended up with an oscar nomination. He had also received a nomination for his work in Spielberg's Amistaad.

YES MAN - 2008 ( Jim Carrey )

Just watched Yes Man. It's a movie where a troubled guy who is bored in life especially after his wife left him, attends a meeting where he is supposedly the new Yes Man.

He has to say Yes to everything for a year ( be it anything ). Even if it means taking Korean Classes, Flying Lessons, Giving rides to homeless people, Visiting persian wife finder sites etc etc.

He falls in love with a girl during this time.

A very nice feel good movie with a good ending. I am surprised I did not hear about this movie anywhere else.

Rating - 3.5/5

Just saw these movies in the last two days.

Transporter 3. What a Chase scene!! Absolutely brilliant!!

Pride And Glory. Gun Shots Blood,etc etc...A Man's Ideal movie.

Thick as Theives. Full on Timepass!! I found the acting a bit overdone.

Also, I just saw the first 30 Seconds of Sex Drive!! It is Absolutely Hilarious!! A Must watch!! Just remember to watch it with the right people if you know what i mean!!! :D:D

For people who like watching romantic flicks I would recommend Before Sunrise and Before Sunset.

Before sunset is part 2 of before sunrise. So first watch before sunrise.

Its about 2 people who meet on train and their conversations. Richard Linklater is the director. Wonderful conversations between the lead actors. Ethan Hawke and Julia Delpy are the actors.

I would rate it as the best romantic movie I have watched

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherishk (Post 1242246)
For people who like watching romantic flicks I would recommend Before Sunrise and Before Sunset.

Continuing on those lines - 2 days in Paris - this time directed and acted by Julie Delpy. Something on the lines of BS and BS

Watch it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1241497)
I got a choice between akshays movie and FNF- 4 to see on 3rd. Am inclined towards FNF and my gf towards Akshays. In the end you may guess who will win:D

Why not both ? Back to back ? :D - I already have a deal done with FnF-4 first and then Akshay's movie.

You might just win this IF the proposed move of not releasing any Bollywood movies from this friday goes into action ;)

Just saw JUNO!! Wat a Cute lil movie!! Really Really loved the Score and the Acting is just Brilliant!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1241926)
YES MAN - 2008 ( Jim Carrey )

A very nice feel good movie with a good ending. I am surprised I did not hear about this movie anywhere else.

Rating - 3.5/5

Many people have not liked it and i would say not the best of work by Jim carrey but i liked the movie for the concept. A simple one line story has been treated in a nice way.
WIll give same rating as you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1242335)

Why not both ? Back to back ? :D - I already have a deal done with FnF-4 first and then Akshay's movie.

You might just win this IF the proposed move of not releasing any Bollywood movies from this friday goes into action ;)

Well i'll find a way surely:D
I like seeing back to back ones however have a party to attend so cant do that. anyways will wait to see your review on both.

Nadia should be given 10/5.

Here is a movie I just watched. Absolutely delightful movie ( especially for call centre people !! )

2008 - The Other End of the Line - The Other End of the Line (2008)

Starring - Jesse Metcalfe ( same guy as in John Tucker Must Die ), Shriya, Tara Sharma, Anupam Kher & Loads of others from Bollywood. The movie is produced by Ashok Amritraj.

It's about a Call Centre Girl who falls in love with one of her phone customers ( credit card ). She in fact travles all the way to America just to meet him and falls in love with him

Might sound to you like a been there done that kind of movie but surprisingly it isn't !!

An absolutely lovely movie. I loved it right from the start to the end.

Good songs ( hindi, punjabi & english )

Rating 4/5

Watch it if you get the movie.

You guys must watch "easy rider" its a really nice movie. Biker movie for the biker at heart. Beware though there is a lot of sex drugs alcohol etc.

Yesterday I saw The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford starring Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck. The movie is a queer mix of the western and the gangster genre. The pace at which the story unfolds is leisurely. It's about a young lad killing a gangster whom he grew up idolising from childhood. Brad Pitt as Jesse James is good (I did not find him convincing enough in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button).