Team-BHP - The Hindi Movies Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Hindi Movies Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55911-hindi-movies-thread-248.html)

Watched 2 Hindi movies and liked both

Shershah - brilliant (9/10). Excellent story, crisp editing and surprisingly excellent performance by Sid and Kiara (whom I considered as non-actors). The music is also topical and melodious. Must watch

Mimi - Very good (8/10). Good mix of humor and emotions about a very sensitive topic. Kriti Sanon has done really well and Pankaj Tripathi is great as usual. Recommended.

Mimi - thanks for all the recommendations! Watched it last night & absolutely loved it. Am pleased to see such different kind of stories making it to Hindi cinema. Very unique unfolding & drama. My goodness, Kriti Sanon is drop-dead gorgeous but more importantly, her acting is stellar. She has easily matched the great Pankaj Tripathi of whom I'm a big fan.

Rating it a full 5 / 5 stars.

BellBottom: Haven't watched the movie yet, but I have a habit of rushing through such movies to check out how they show cars of that era. And this Amby got my attention:

The Hindi Movies Thread-capture.jpg

Notice the registration number :D:

The Hindi Movies Thread-harpalsinghandgulshanbeerkaurwiththeirmaruti800.jpg

Apologies for off-topic post.

Bell Bottom - 2/5

Very loose story line, poor dialogues, very poor graphics, lack of attention to details and last, poor acting by most of cast members.

Avoid if you can.

Edit: I am 15 mins into Shershaash and can already appreciate how much better this is, as a movie.

I went to catch this movie at the theatre and I was the only one for the morning. People really dont step out for movies, these days. Needless to say, the show was canceled and Bookmyshow is still holding on to my money lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 5151626)
BellBottom: Haven't watched the movie yet, but I have a habit of rushing through such movies to check out how they show cars of that era. And this Amby got my attention

Bell Bottom: A good story, but poorly executed. Most of it looked very artificial with a lot of cliched dialogues. And of course only Akshay Kumar can save the situation and everyone right upto the prime minister listens to him without too much thought:). Nothing much to say about the performances too.

I read that this was shot between the covid waves and it looks like the makers rushed through the shoot to get it done and that is clearly visible.

Only good thing is that it brings to the notice the real life incident on which it is based and the background of the same. I was not aware of this. 1 star just for that.

Rating 2/5

If anyone is even remotely think of watching Bhoot Police, pls stop, instead go for a drive.

Think the movie was in cans for a long time. Multi star cast dont guarentee good films. I watched it just because it had my one time favourite Yami Gautam. Acting of Saif ali khan, Arjun kapoor and Jacqueline fernandes is nothing great to write about.

All in all avoid like plague.

Rating: 1/5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 5151844)
If anyone is even remotely think of watching Bhoot Police, pls stop, instead go for a drive.

Think the movie was in cans for a long time. Multi star cast dont guarentee good films. I watched it just because it had my one time favourite Yami Gautam. Acting of Saif ali khan, Arjun kapoor and Jacqueline fernandes is nothing great to write about.

All in all avoid like plague.

Rating: 1/5.

My daughter (~11 years) enjoyed Stree, so I was thinking to watch this with her. I still want to give it a shot. But how clean is the language? Profanities?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 5151906)
My daughter (~11 years) enjoyed Stree, so I was thinking to watch this with her. I still want to give it a shot. But how clean is the language? Profanities?

Language is clean, no profanities as far as I recall. I seem to forget the movie now totally.rl:

While running out of good horror movies to watch, this came highly rated so me and my wife decided to give it a shot

Tumbbad
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8239946/

"A mythological story about a goddess who created the entire universe. The plot revolves around the consequences when humans build a temple for her first-born."

Rated for 8.3/10 with 37k votes, we hoped it would be good.

While it was low on the horror quotient, the movie overall did not disappoint. Amazing visuals and good acting with good background music really worked.

Happy that we watched it.

4/5

Edit: Hooray for subtitles :D

Dial 100
Playing on: Zee5
Rating: ****

Predictable story to an extent but the direction, screenplay & acting is exceptional. We need more actors like Manoj Bajpayee than superstars like Salman Khan.

Must watch for people who like realistic story with strong characterization. Its not in the league of Drishyam however worth to be called as a hidden gem.

Ankahi Kahaniya - Netflix

Starring an ensemble cast of Abhishek Banerjee, Kunal Kapoor, Zoya Hussain and many more is a slow burn. Three stories and each directed by folks Abhishek Chaubey, Saket Chaudhary and Ashwini Tiwari. Enjoyed the movie on a rainy Saturday, stories like these needs to be told on screen just like a Joji.

The first story is little shorn of pace but a very good watch. Second and the third stories are delightful, specially the third which raises some pertinent questions as well.

Rating: 4/5 for the stories and the special performance of Abhishek Banerjee in the first story and Zoya Hussain in the third. Also, Kunal Kapoor should act more often, he is brilliant in understated roles.

Two war movies and completely different experience.

Bhuj: An atrocious torture on your senses with completely unrealistic scenes and misplaced actors. Not even a single moment of redemption. The plane landing scene being the pinnacle of nonsense that this movie has in truck loads.

Shershah: A good watch and a much better execution that could have been great if not for some acting mess up by Sidharth Malhotra. In any case definitely worth a watch!

Quote:

BellBottom: Haven't watched the movie yet, but I have a habit of rushing through such movies to check out how they show cars of that era. And this Amby got my attention:

God knows why! They should be aware that there are hawk eyed public who will spot such things lol: . But why care they just want to fill their pockets by brain washing the minds of naive Bollywood audiences.

Quote:

Here's one from the same movie I posted on a different thread (sometime back)! Mr Kumar is on top of a Volvo FH series!! FH series came into production in 1993 and yet Mr. Kumar is atop of one a good decade before!!