Team-BHP - The Hindi Movies Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Hindi Movies Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55911-hindi-movies-thread-298.html)

Sajini Shinde Ka Viral Video
On Netflix.

This is an excellent movie that is mature because of its content and for titillation.
Touched upon a lot of issues from toxic patriarchy to feminists.

Highly recommend watching this movie. I would especially recommend this movie for anyone in the age group of High School and College.

Dunki
In Theater.

My daughter is a big fan of SRK. The movie is an over simplified hodgepodge of everything. Sometimes makes absolutely no logical sense and the timelines go all over the place. Worth watching for no reason except being dragged into a theater by a die hard fan of SRK.

Dunki
Watched a movie in theater after a long time (last one was Oppenheimer)
Though the movie didn't live up to high expectations from Raju Hirani, it is a decent enought. I felt the movie in the effort to blend comedy, serious issue, drama and love-story, didn't manage to hit the high points in any genre. However, it has some good moments and good performances which makes it a decent one-time watch.

Rating - 3/5

Gadar 2 - watched on OTT,couldn't finish (left 30-40 mins before the end) No clue how this turned out to be a box office monster. PS - I am a big fan of the original Gadar.

OMG2
- this is a very good sequel to the original OMG. Though it is hard to imagine anyone doing better than Parash Rawal, Pankaj Tripati has done a really splendid job. The movie raises a very controversial issue, and puts the points forward while entertaining at the same time and not sounding too preachy.
Rating - 4/5 (Highly recommended)
Rating - 4/5

Sajani Shinde ka Viral Video

Streaming: Netflix

Quite a decent movie, the story could have been even more grippier as the plot was unique. Nimrat Kaur steals the show with her badass attitude cop role. Lot of Marathi actors in the movie and their hindi falters at times. Bhagyashree, Radhika Madam were literally hamming. Subodh Bhave was the only decent amongst the lot. A one time watch but do not expect anything extra ordinary.

Rating: 2.5/5

SAJINI SHINDE KA VIRAL VIDEO Netflix

A very important movie of the present times and presents the perils of being viral- knowingly or unknowingly. Without giving out anything, the movie is a must watch and as bblost mentioned above, should be seen by the youngsters and adults alike. The storyline shows many a perils of the present day society and how human lives are affected.
Highly recommended watch.

Rating: 4/5

MAST MEIN REHNE KA Amazon Prime

Another wonderful little gem that deals with the present day problems and how different people react differently to it. Vijay Mourya has come up with a wonderful movie that tugs at your heart strings. Jackie Shroff, Neena Gupta, Abhishek Chowhan, Monica Panwar and even Faisal Malik has performed brilliantly. Monica Panwar specially is one to look out for surely, what a performance. Watch the movie for its simplicity. Watch out for the scene towards the end where Vijay Mourya also makes an appearance- one of the best of Jackie Shroff. Highly recommended.

Kho Gaye Hum Kahan

One of those movies where you wouldn't want to fast-forward the songs or pick-up your mobile. Hindi cinema at its finest!

12th Fail : Disney Hotstar

This movie deserves all the praise and accolades it has been given. An inspiring story based on real events, and has been well characterized by all the lead actors. It's a must watch movie with your family.

12th Fail

The Hindi Movies Thread-1.jpg

Synopsis - The inspiring journey of Manoj Kumar Sharma from failing his Class 12 exams to becoming an IPS officer.

This one was really good and I was waiting to catch this since I have loved almost all his previous movies (Vidhu Vinod Chopra). It didn't disappoint. I think this is Vikrant's best work till now and he just nailed it. The other actors supported him really well as well. Somewhere in the middle you might find the movie to be repeating itself, but makes up in the end. The storyline is an inspirational one where the outcome/end is expected.

A typical Vidhu Vinod Chopra movie.

Rating - 5/5 (Hotstar). Highly recommended.

Three of Us

Synopsis -When a woman with early onset dementia visits her hometown with her husband, buried memories and a former love pave a poignant path through her past.

You can call this a slowburner. Sort of an art movie style with many static frames. A little over 90 mins makes it just right not to make it boring. Watch it for their acting (all three of them) especially Shefali and Jaideep (He's been brilliant lately).

Rating - 3/5 (Netflix). Decent watch but really slow (Not to everyones taste).

12th Fail

Ever watch a team India match where they field like millionaires, dropping catches, bowling dozens of extras, misfielding repeatedly, but still end up winning the match? Watching 12th Fail is a bit like that experience. The movie is great, no doubt, but the editing is one of the worst I've seen in a Hindi movie in a really long time. The movie is at least 40 minutes too long, the additional time not being used to really add to the storytelling in any way. Instead, it just meanders and potters along. With some slick editing, this could have been a much tighter and far more enjoyable experience, but what one gets seems like an art movie of the yesteryears. The guy who did the editing for this movie should find a different career, something he/she sucks less at.

Three of Us Netflix

Such a heartwarming and poignant movie. Missed watching the movie in theaters since it was pulled down too quickly but what a masterpiece. Probably one of the best that I have seen till date for sure. Each frame, each dialogue, everything just touches you. A human relationship story told in the most humane way possible. Everyone is just brilliant, I just can’t get over the conversation between Shefali Shah and Jaideep Ahlawat while being stuck on the Ferris wheel ..outstanding.

Rating- 5/5

P.S- Not a typical Bollywood movie !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 (Post 5688167)
SAJINI SHINDE KA VIRAL VIDEO Netflix

A very important movie of the present times and presents the perils of being viral- knowingly or unknowingly. Without giving out anything, the movie is a must watch and as bblost mentioned above, should be seen by the youngsters and adults alike. The storyline shows many a perils of the present day society and how human lives are affected.
Highly recommended watch.

Another wonderful little gem that deals with the present day problems and how different people react differently to it. Vijay Mourya has come up with a wonderful movie that tugs at your heart strings. Jackie Shroff, Neena Gupta, Abhishek Chowhan, Monica Panwar and even Faisal Malik has performed brilliantly. Monica Panwar specially is one to look out for surely, what a performance. Watch the movie for its simplicity. Watch out for the scene towards the end where Vijay Mourya also makes an appearance- one of the best of Jackie Shroff. Highly recommended.

Loved Jackie Dada in this movie. What a brilliant performance. He stole the show with his naivety and simplicity.

Btw, I loved his dialogue in the Police Station " Main Beer Peeke So Gaya Tha". rl:

Neena Gupta is her fearless and gutsy self. Nothing new as she played this type of a role plenty of times in past.

Monica Panwar as rightly said is the diamond behind her unkempt make-up. Solid Performance.

4/5 from me as well.

Didn't hear about SSKVV. Will check it out.

Just watched Kho Gaye Hum Kaahan. I liked what I saw frankly, the reality of gen Z relationships driven by the craze of social media. I can identify with the kind of scenarios that are shown since I deal with people who are affected by this. The built up to the climax, although a bit simplistic, is still apt in terms of messaging for the society.
My wife was skeptical for most part, but gradually warmed up to the movie and the conclusion. All the actors did a fine job. Delicious irony that the one who raised the nepo angst found himself cast with the nepo kid who met the role expectations overall. Thus proving that the argument can only go so far.

Agree with everyone who liked 12th Fail, I also give it 4 stars.

The only thing I did not like was the interview. Should have been more dramatic. I felt a little underwhelmed. Should have had better screenplay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 (Post 5688167)

What a wonderful film. Superb story, superb execution. In the leagues of Salam Bombay (the BC is the equivalent of Bijlee girane main hoon aayee :D :D ) for the modern day of today.

5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 (Post 5693724)
Three of Us Netflix

Such a heartwarming and poignant movie.

Rating- 5/5

P.S- Not a typical Bollywood movie !!

Thank you for that wonderful summary and agree completely. This is clearly not for everyone and yet, it’s the kind of movie I’d urge everyone who appreciates cinema for the craft of it, to watch and savour. An absolutely delightful movie with very real characters, portrayed brilliantly by the lead trio.

I can nitpick and find flaws in some aspects of direction but they are largely irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. I’ve been a fan of J. Ahlawat and Shefali S. and they do not disappoint one bit. Please do watch it when you’re in the right mood for something slow, poignant and beautiful.

12th Fail

Streaming: Hotstar

Is it me only or others also felt that the title of the movie was slightly misleading? Although I knew the plot, I felt the movie would highlight more on the 12th exam scenario and the trials and tribulations of the hero. The actor Vikrant Massey has given it all in the movie and the newcomer Medha Shankar also manages to shine out with her expressions and acting. The entire supporting cast also needs to be applauded for their minor but significant contribution. Special mention to character Pritam Pandey for the voiceover.

I think the movie should have been named UPSC fail.:coldsweat