Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2024, 03:01   #4531
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Fighter

To start off let me confess I am a HUGE Hrithik fan specially in this sort of avatar. Be it Lakshya, WAR or Fighter, I prefer watching him on big screen and this being a 3D, went with IMAX 3D.

Pros:

1. The VFX was top notch no doubt for a Bollywood movie. Ariel combat scenes looked amazing

2. Hrithik has awesome screen presence even at 50. The amount of hooting in the theatre was fun to watch.

3. The enemy wasn’t shown all stupid. The villain character did good but had limited presence.

4. Kashmir valley scenes looked dreamy.

Cons:

1. Deepika was placed just as a showpiece looking desperate for Hrithik’s attention. Even without her the movie would have been the same.

2. Other than Heer Asmani, songs were boring and could have been avoided.

3. Movie could have been 20-30 minutes shorter.

Rating: 3.5/5

Its a good watch. I went to watch some aerial combat scenes in 3D & Hrithik which I got as expected

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th February 2024 at 03:07.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 13:00   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

Bhakshak Netflix

A punch in the gut movie which shocks you out of your slumber from the very first scene. It took me some time to recover from the very disturbing opening frame. Every actor right from Bhumi Pednekar to Aditya Srivastava to all others, everyone has been a revelation and make this movie as realistic as it can get. The kind of movie that the society these days needs to see as a wake up call. Inspired from true events, the movie unmasks the real animals hiding inside the society. Claps for Gauri Khan and team to back the movie and to see that the movie got made. Highly recommended.

Rating: 4.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 14:15   #4533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Bhakshak Netflix

. Highly recommended.

Completely agree.

This movie is a must watch. The depravity and sadist nature of man is very well captured by the brilliant acting of the main villain.

Every time he is on the screen, you want to punch him to get rid of that smirk.

As a follow-on, please do read up on the background case on which this movie is based on.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 09:21   #4534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Bhakshak Netflix

The kind of movie that the society these days needs to see as a wake up call. Highly recommended.

Totally agree with the review as well as the rating. The best part was the use of Bihari dialect which brought a lot of authenticity to the movie plot. Sai Tamhankar in the small role was also effective. The movie reminded me of the 2019 film Article 15 which was another hard hitting movie.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 10:10   #4535
BHPian

Title: Teri Baaton Mein Aisa Uljha Jiya
Rating: 4/5

Starring Shahid Kapoor and Kriti Sanon, the movie is a science fiction romantic comedy. Went on Sunday evening to a packed hall with zero expectations, and I was surprised how good this movie was. I mean, I liked it more than Fighter
(probably because I had no idea even about the title and expected a pathetic movie).

Kriti Sanon looked really pretty and like a Barbie (and I wonder why she isn't more successful). The chemistry between Shahid and Kriti was wonderful though I think a younger actor would have been better. That said, I need to know more about the Bombay Film Industry to understand why Deepika is more successful than Kriti (who even dances and emotes better).
ValarMorghulis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 12:12   #4536
Distinguished - BHPian

Sajini Shinde Ka Viral Video

The Hindi Movies Thread-1.jpg

Synopsis - When a school teacher goes missing after a risqué video of her is posted on the internet, a police officer is tasked with uncovering the truth behind her disappearance.

It was a decent watch but the ending could have been better (sort of a 90's style climax). Not sure about the main lead female's acting though. Found it to be below average.

Rating - 3/5 (Netflix). Wont regret if you miss.

Bhakshak

The Hindi Movies Thread-screenshot-20240213-12.09.348239pm.png

Synopsis - Revolves around the journey of an unwavering woman's quest to seek justice and her perseverance in getting a heinous crime to light.

Agree with others here. It was a good movie but sensitive subject. Brilliant acting by all. It tends to be a bit slow midway and the ending can be predicted.

Rating - 4/5 (Netflix). Recommended.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 13:57   #4537
BHPian

Watched Teri Baaton Mein Aisa Uljha Jiya with the folks at a nearby PVR on the weekend. Had not expected the seats to be full, but the hall was packed.

It's definitely a coming-of-age sort of film, but the handling and execution could definitely have been better. The makers have done their best to showcase the human v/s robot battle; ultimately Bollywood means masala and hence a lot of cliches and drama.

Shahid Kapoor is nice as usual, but it's Kriti Sanon who really shines. She has looked stunning in almost every frame throughout the movie; also, acting-wise has done a great job.

The end of the movie has hinted at a sequel. Will be interesting.

IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:44   #4538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
One word of caution though. Please watch it when parents or kids aren’t around or with earphones.

I just started the movie last night on my tab during dinner and unfortunately didn’t have earphones on. The first word itself got everybody’s unwanted attention. Was an embarrassing moment. I stopped it right there. Will watch with earphones on later.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 19:32   #4539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Watched Teri Baaton Mein Aisa Uljha Jiya with the folks at a nearby PVR on the weekend. Had not expected the seats to be full, but the hall was packed.

It's definitely a coming-of-age sort of film, but the handling and execution could definitely have been better. The makers have done their best to showcase the human v/s robot battle; ultimately Bollywood means masala and hence a lot of cliches and drama.

Shahid Kapoor is nice as usual, but it's Kriti Sanon who really shines. She has looked stunning in almost every frame throughout the movie; also, acting-wise has done a great job.

The end of the movie has hinted at a sequel. Will be interesting.

I also watched TBMAUJ over the weekend. My observations as follows:
1) The film started all "technical" in terms of Robots and AI etc, but then became human in terms of Shahid's attitude towards Kriti.
2) The film could/should have dealt with the emotional aspect of having a human fall for a machine. This was done at a very superficial level, and perhaps commercial considerations for mass audiences prevented further exploration. It is noteworthy that for all its massy flavor, Enthiran , over a decade ago, did get into that territory much better.
3) Kriti Sanon has done a great job of her Robot character. Shahid Kapoor 's dancing is razor sharp.
4) They have kept something for a 2.0, but even 1.0 could have been much more than a family rom-com.
Overall I'd say a refreshing 3.5/5. I chose this to watch over Hrithik's Fighter (still amazed at myself having ignored my aviation needs), but I dont regret it.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 15th February 2024 at 19:36.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 11:23   #4540
Distinguished - BHPian

Dunki

The Hindi Movies Thread-1.jpg

Synopsis - When his friends in Punjab struggle to clear the immigration process, an ex-soldier guides them on a risky journey to enter the UK without permission.

Always liked most of Rajkumar Hirani's movies especially Munna Bhai and 3 Idiots, but what the hell was this? All characters were fighting for the best over acting spot and everything was all over the place. The saving grace would be the 2 guys alongside Shahrukh who were decent when compared to others. Boman Irani was wasted as well. Good that it had some 6-7 songs so I good skip and reduce the runtime .

Rating - 1.5/5 (Netflix). Can totally avoid.

The Kerala Story

The Hindi Movies Thread-the_kerala_story_poster.jpg

Synopsis - A converted Muslim woman Fatima Ba narrates her ordeal of how she once wanted to become a nurse but was abducted from her home and manipulated by religious vanguards, turned into an ISIS terrorist and landed in Afghanistan jail.

Hard hitting movie and appreciate the film maker in bringing this to the big screen so many of us came to know the facts. The screenplay could have been better. Although some of the lead actors did a decent job, others were really bad especially the interrogators. And what's with the Malayalam accent? Could have definitely made it better.

Rating - 2.5/5 (Zee5). Recommend it but sensitive subject and scenes.
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 20:28   #4541
Senior - BHPian

Kerala Story (Zee5 Hindi) - This should have been called 2 Idiots. The story is about 2 ladies who get conned and the hardship they face afterward. The con is not elaborate. It is a poorly made-movie. The non-linear flow doesn't suit the story. The only curious aspect of the story is how far those gullible ladies fall further. The cinematography is good though.

Rating: 1.5/5
msdivy is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 10:17   #4542
BHPian

Article 370
INOX

Wonderful sleek and engrossing movie, I think it covered most of the contentious issues relating to this.

Zooni : Yami Gautam 5/5
PMO Secretary: Priyamani 4.5/5
PM: Arun Govil 4/5
All other characters did well in their respective roles.

Must watch
Vinod_nair is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 10:19   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Article 370
INOX

Wonderful sleek and engrossing movie, I think it covered most of the contentious issues relating to this.

Zooni : Yami Gautam 5/5
PMO Secretary: Priyamani 4.5/5
PM: Arun Govil 4/5
All other characters did well in their respective roles.

Must watch
Agree with the above. A very engrossing movie and detailed enough to give insights into the politics of Article 370. Last action sequence was not great in my opinion but that is nitpicking.
bhardwhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 13:13   #4544
BHPian

Watched Article 370 with the folks at a nearby PVR on the weekend. The theatre was PACKED and the atmosphere was electric. Multiple instances of everyone clapping through the movie.

Aditya Dhar has definitely mastered the art of making movies on these patriotic themes. Really liked the way they have explained the background and then the step-by-step process of repealing Article 370.

The action sequence at the end was stretched a little too much in my opinion; otherwise the entire movie is quite gripping.

P.s. Kiran Karmarkar has done a wonderful job in picking up the intricacies of Amit Shah's personality.

Kudos to the many brave men and women who pulled it off, but will never appear in the limelight.

IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 12:04   #4545
BHPian

Article 370: 4/5

Well made movie. Kept engaged throughout. There was enough material for director to work around and give justice to. The reason I have cut 1 point because there was no need of certain fight sequences which took away the reality to cinematic liberty.
Satkaj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks