Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 14:54   #76
BHPian

I have a very silly question .. can chewing gums also cause oral cancer? I usually have 5-7 mint chewing gums everyday and I'm totally addicted .. is it ok to have that many?
Old 20th July 2010, 14:56   #77
Team-BHP Support

I have no idea about the chewing gum-cancer relation. But why don't you substitute gum with carrots.

Tasty and very healthy.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

Its been long over due. Does frequently occuring ulcers is a cause of worry?

I get a boil on the inside of my left cheek. And each time is the same process of bursting it which cures it. It occurs like once a while. Should i be worried?
Old 20th July 2010, 16:27   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
One of my tooth (left below, third last) got broke and there is small leftover of that tooth, now seeing these pictures I am worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Does frequently occuring ulcers is a cause of worry?
Best to get broken root pieces extracted as soon as possible. Chronic irritation caused by sharp edges of such broken bits, and ulcers due to causes such as chronic cheek biting, has been known to result in cancerous changes on the tongue/cheek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
I have a very silly question .. can chewing gums also cause oral cancer? I usually have 5-7 mint chewing gums everyday and I'm totally addicted .. is it ok to have that many?
Chewing gum has no known relation to oral cancer. However, we have discussed earlier in this thread how strong mints can sometimes cause an allergic reaction in a few people, leading to a burning sensation and intolerance to spicy foods. If you don't have such problems, go ahead. Make sure you chew the gum for at least 20 minutes to get the cleaning action that the gum has on your teeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I get a boil on the inside of my left cheek. And each time is the same process of bursting it which cures it. It occurs like once a while. Should i be worried?
My guess would be that you have an infected tooth, leading to a chronic abscess. Get a dentist to check it out ASAP.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th July 2010 at 16:36.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:46   #80
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Oral Issues

Hi Friends
I have a very close family friend who is a doctor and has had vast experience in treating people with problems like pre-cancerous lesions and many oral issues caused by smoking and gutka.
She has had fabulous results treating people, and if you are in need of consulting someone PROPER for any oral issues faced due to smoking,chewing gutka etc, please PM me. It can really help if you need a professional consultation. I am not promoting any commercial gains here, she may not even charge for her consultation if you follow her suggestions( as that is NOT her primary focus)
Old 20th July 2010, 21:16   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Hi Friends
I have a very close family friend who is a doctor and has had vast experience in treating people with problems like pre-cancerous lesions and many oral issues caused by smoking and gutka.
She has had fabulous results treating people, and if you are in need of consulting someone PROPER for any oral issues faced due to smoking,chewing gutka etc, please PM me. It can really help if you need a professional consultation. I am not promoting any commercial gains here, she may not even charge for her consultation if you follow her suggestions( as that is NOT her primary focus)
Hi mkh: Nice to know about your family friend who has had vast experience in treating people with problems like pre-cancerous lesions and many oral issues caused by smoking and gutka. Would you mind sharing some more more detail about her? In which city / clinic / hospital / college can one get a PROPER consultation with her? Does she offer free consultations? It would be a big help to all if you can either post the details here or send me a PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks