Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-332.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 5398618)
... DW-5600E-1VDF and the F-91W-1Q...

Let me be childish for a moment and say 'same pinch'!:Cheering:

I've had an F91W since I was a little boy (my first watch), and this particular piece for nearly a decade. Original cell, strap replaced recently (tough to find, huge demand apparently).

Which watch do you own?-pxl_20220910_072319740.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshithr (Post 5377937)
Would anyone please point me to a good watch repair shop in Bangalore for a Swatch without back cover. The authorised repair shop won’t do it, instead they offered a discount for a new purchase. My watch looks like the one in this pic below.

Attachment 2344792

Swatch have their own service centre in Bangalore, at
Lancer Building, #120, 2nd Floor, Brigade Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025, phone: 080-45412200.

I realised Swatch watches get lifetime free battery replacement, when I went to their Delhi service centre yesterday. Two of my Swatch watches had their batteries replaced free of cost. Even my Tissot T-touch was calibrated free of cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 5398693)
Lancer Building, #120, 2nd Floor, Brigade Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025, phone: 080-45412200.

Thanks. Yes, I tried them and they won’t service the watch outside warranty. As far as I remember correctly, they told me, they won't repair in warranty too, but offers a good discount for the next purchase.

Casio watch service fest

https://support.casio.in/

Which watch do you own?-casio.png

Just got my first dive watch - the humble mdv-106 by Casio! Looks great to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 5398693)

I have a Tissot Powermatic that is due for a service/recalibration? Is this something that this center will do?

Recently got this HMT Rajat textured dial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amvj (Post 5413080)
Casio watch service fest

https://support.casio.in/
  • 24th Sep - 9th Oct 2022
  • Free battery, O ring replacement
  • Free watch inspection and cleaning
  • 20% discount on accessories

Attachment 2363577

Thanks for sharing. However, while filling the form, I am seeing only 24th & 25th Sep slot dates to choose from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k88k (Post 5417355)
Thanks for sharing. However, while filling the form, I am seeing only 24th & 25th Sep slot dates to choose from.

Oh! Sorry man. I just forwarded in a hope that it will be helpful. Not sure about this. Please check with Casio customer care.

Found these watches at my parents' home during mandatory Diwali cleaning. All these watches were never used as even the plastic covering their bracelets and dials are intact. I am not into watches so please help me identify these with their approx prices and place where I could sell them.

Which watch do you own?-20221009_084240.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20221009_084229.jpg

Which watch do you own?-20221009_084151.jpg

Mods - We have a separate thread for wrist watches, completely missed that. Please move my post to that thread. Thanks :)

Got my first much awaited HMT pilot!

Surprise gift from the missus. Thought the color won’t go with all but so far it’s blends pretty nice. Build quality is similar to other Seiko 5 sport models but the bracelet is much much better.

Which watch do you own?-2d45452a8c644d5c8f8d85062c4e80e9.jpeg

Which watch do you own?-def70ebd1fc1434e8d9caa7744bb37fa.jpeg

Acquired 3 watches recently.

This one is a Timex which I couldn't resist. Pretty classy in my opinion. Size is slightly on the bigger size for my wrist.

Which watch do you own?-img_5899.jpg

Other 2 are old HMT Janta & Seiko 5- both in running condition but will get them serviced:

Which watch do you own?-img_6074.jpg
Which watch do you own?-img_6073.jpg

We have just come back from a 14 day family visit in Barbados, West Indies.

There are a couple of very nice jeweller shops on the islands, which to us is also tax-free. Last time when I visited I had my eye on these Citizen Eco-watches. Did not buy any then. But this time I bit the bullet and got my self a Promaster Skyhawks A-T Men’s Eco-Drive, the blue Angel version:

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/p...ic-timekeeping

I have never owned a watch like this. It is light powered and its timekeeping synchronises every day by radio signal with an atomic clock.

I always think Citizen watches appear to be a bit underrated. I think they provide really good value for money and they have some really nice models too. This watch cost me $435 and comes with a 6 year warrantee!

It comes in this cool box!

Which watch do you own?-img_8778.jpeg

This particular watch comes in a number of variants. I choose this one, because I really like to colour combination of the deep dark blue and bright yellow.

Which watch do you own?-img_8779.jpeg

It is my biggest watch yet, bigger than my Breitling Navitimer. Case width is 46mm!

Much to my surprise it also rated at 200m, which means it is suitable for swimming and snorkelling. Although I will not do that, as the strap is leather.

Which watch do you own?-img_8780.jpeg

Special Blue Angles logo on the back.

Which watch do you own?-img_8781.jpeg

This watch is quite complicated. It comes with a 60 page manual. I am still in the process of figuring out how to set everything and work all the functions.

Due to its atomic timekeeping it is incredible accurate. It can show UTC and two different time zones, has a countdown timer, 1/100 chronograph, two indepent alarms, month/day/date, daylight saving per time zone, power reserve indicator.

And a bezel with all kinds of slide rule (some aviation related) functions.

Very happy with it, nice addition to my watch collection.

Jeroen
And of course is it light powered. Even under artificial light it still charges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 5432627)
This watch cost me $435 and comes with a 6 year warrantee!

Much to my surprise it also rated at 200m, which means it is suitable for swimming and snorkelling. Although I will not do that, as the strap is leather.

That is a very good piece of equipment at a nice price!

The only thing you might need for swimming/diving/snorkelling is a NATO strap in Blue Angels theme :)

Name:  sl640.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  55.9 KB