Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-63.html)

@ Deepug : Thanks. We have made the appropriate changes, but only to the next survey (and not the current).

@ sathya : Unfortunately, that looks like a bug and an entire upgrade looks like the only way to solve it. But I can suggest a workaround:

Quote:

Even if I click 'show all subscribed threads', it shows other threads as 'read entries'
Upon having this list displayed, you could sort by the post date.

gto - instead of giving people infractions/warnings for more than 2 smileys why not make it easier and just limit it i.e once they click the 3rd smiley a pop up comes and says max no of smileys reached?

gto- can the site pages be set to refresh themselves after a certain period of time.

In India we get a lot of free advise!

I agree with Reliance. But, what I had in mind is, if Team Bhpians can share real high quality practical suggestions, to make this a fun place to visit.

The increasing number of guests and members only show that this is one of the best place in the net. Can we make this more fun filled?

One thought which I had in mind was 'Chat', but do not know the tech limitations.

Sure the Mods also will appreciate the flow of ideas :)

I Think You mean something like this :)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-advice/

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 664177)
gto - instead of giving people infractions/warnings for more than 2 smileys why not make it easier and just limit it i.e once they click the 3rd smiley a pop up comes and says max no of smileys reached?

Our previous forum software had the ability to distinguish regular text from smilies; unfortunately vbulletin doesnt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat (Post 664404)
gto- can the site pages be set to refresh themselves after a certain period of time.

Unnecessary load on the server. Best to manually refresh when you wish to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravradha (Post 667960)
One thought which I had in mind was 'Chat', but do not know the tech limitations.

Sure the Mods also will appreciate the flow of ideas :)

Technocrat has already forwarded you to our Advice section. In reference to the chat suggestion, this has already been discussed before and is not a perfect fit for Team-BHP.

Yup, we sincerely appreciate the flow of ideas.

I just saw a nice enhancement on the board. Whenever a user receives an infraction, a small red clickable box is present against the post which a user gets an infraction on:

On clicking that link you'll see the reason for receiving an infraction:

Nice features mods. Way to go!!

Quote:

I just saw a nice enhancement on the board.
Well, always the littlest things :-)

Does that small Red box also show up if a user is banned against a post?

Yup, it would certainly show in that case too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 671084)
Does that small Red box also show up if a user is banned against a post?

As GTO said, it will show if the user has received an infraction (or an infraction that pushed the users points past 10 = Ban) for that particular post.

However, in certain cases, mods to infract / ban directly on a users profile (as opposed to a particular post), and in those cases the red rectangle will naturally not show up.

cya
R

Mods a request - Can we have email ids at team-bhp. Atleast for senior team-bhpians, please. It will make it very easy for many of us, since i would prefer team-bhp emailing rather then gmail, hotmail which is too slow comapred to this site. Also since i am logged almost most of the time on team-bhp i will be able to receive the emails asap here, with out having to open gmail, etc to check my mails.

Also can we have a feature to make ourselves invisible on the forum? Please, it would be very helpful if you can make these things possible.

This may be very simple. While typing reply to a post, looks like Del key is not working for selected block delete, BS key works - is it a bug?

@ BUSA : Not just yet. However, you can work your way toward this :)

@ Sathya_nars : That seems to be a problem with your browser / computer. Works fine on my laptop.

Quote:

@ BUSA : Not just yet. However, you can work your way toward this :)
Thanks alot GTO, i want a team-bhp email id badly, but i guess will have to wait till i deserve it agree:

Quote:

While typing reply to a post, looks like Del key is not working for selected block delete, BS key works - is it a bug?
This is a common thing which i face, nothing to do with this site, since i face similar issues even in MS Word.