Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Makemytrip charges some fee for this, make sure your fare is still cheaper than the direct airline online booking.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:24   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Makemytrip charges some fee for this, make sure your fare is still cheaper than the direct airline online booking.
Exactly, but sometimes the agents have real sweet deals with a credit card company (normally VISA) which gets you a hefty discount.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:40   #18
BHPian

Also try zoomtra.com. have seen good deals here as well
Old 4th August 2009, 10:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

My recent experience,

MMT was costlier by about INR 200 each on two tickets I booked for TRV-BLR and BLR-PNQ sectors. I booked directly with India and Jet Konnect respectively.

MMT however, comes up with a comprehensive search result always

(Also I have hassle of late that MMT does not accept non-indian cards).

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 4th August 2009, 14:29   #20
BHPian

Have used cleartrip, yatra and MMT. Personally prefer Cleartrip as their layout is far easier to use and friendly. Also, always counter check the final deal you get on the 3rd party site with the airline site before you book.
IMHO, reg. the comments on Indigo, when I need to reach on time and am not flying for business reasons, I prefer Indigo as they ALWAYS get me there on time, everytime. And in my view, it is good that they do not wait for individual customers who get delayed due to unavoidable reasons, as they ensure they maintain their on-time record. Just that one has to be well planned to catch one's flights on time. Which is not too much to ask for, if you ask me.
Old 8th November 2012, 20:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Booking flight tickets on MakeMyTrip

Guys stay away from MakeMyTrip for time being till the Diwali is over.
Seems their systems have cracked up big time under the booking rush.

I tried one ticket from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Indigo and after booking it and taking money they reported that booking failed. And that they are initiating the refunds. When I logged in later to see the cancellation details then I saw that the ticket was booked on Air India !!!

I am usually very careful about making Air tickets because of the hefty charges they levy for any changes later on. Though I have not taken any pictures and do not have proof but I remember I chose the Morning 8.10 flight.
When I see the ticket I have now it is saying 4.10 in evening. But since I do not have any proof I will not argue on this.

My wife is traveling with infant. And I gave their names correctly.
But the ticket shows both adult and infant as having same name !!!

When I contacted the Indigo directly then they told me that the name of my baby is correctly updated in their records. Which means that I entered the Name correctly.

Funny thing is the date of Birth !!! Its 16th of Dec. I remember the date of birth of my kid !! No ways I could have entered it wrong.

The only answer is that MakeMyTrip guys made up a fictitious date of birth and entered it. Which is a lot of trouble because at time of checkin you have to show the infant date of birth proof.

So my advice is to stay clear of MakeMyTrip for the time being.
Check for the fares but book on the Airlines website only.
Old 8th November 2012, 21:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

I prefer Cleartrip for well representation.

Was trying return flight on both Makemytrip and cleartrip.

Makemytrip shows just one way first, once you select and confirm flight, then shows the price and details for return flight.

Cleartrip shows return flight on the same page and a sum total inclusive of all which changes according to your selection of flights on the same page.

By the way, got best deals on irctc.co.in around 4k cheaper than yatra, makemytrip and cleartrip for Mum - Del flight. Others quoted 15k (inclusive of all taxes), 2 people flight, irctc said 11k (inclusive of all taxes)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks