Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:47   #1

If Top Gear Comes to India :)

Ever wondered what would happen if the top gear boys and his Stigness comes to India to shoot a Special??

Lets discuss this here!
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

It already did and JC declared that traffic manners/conditions here are no less than a war zone. Search for that episode on You tube.
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:51   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
It already did and JC declared that traffic manners/conditions here are no less than a war zone. Search for that episode on You tube.
You stand corrected. That was Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld back in the early 90s.
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
You stand corrected. That was Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld back in the early 90s.
Point taken and I am corrected, thanks, but the point is why would he come here when he has declared what he has declared. Maybe if BBC push him to it, he might even.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:08   #5
BANNED

They went to Vietnam. Why not India.

Would be fun actually and they should drive a Nano to the highest motoring road in the world.

And then take the Nano round their track.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Top Gear / Motorworld has of course come to India sometime in the '90's - they even featured the Madras Car Rally for the Blind in the show. I clearly remember the episode and I also know for a fact that Jeremy Clarkson stayed at the Connemara Hotel when he visited Madras.
If I remember correctly, there was also some kind of feature on Calcutta by their team.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

I bet they will pull their hair out and ship out pronto!
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:58   #8
BHPian

Jeremy will be amazed at the number of rally and F1 drivers in india driving supercharged formula one and rally spec indicas and sumo's. Maybe he will learn something about racing afterall and how to make a less than 60 BHP hatch into record breaking hypercar.. Jeremy will be out on the next flight out of here.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:45   #9
BHPian

Dont know about the STIG , but i am very confident that JEREMY will be very happy to test drive a AMBASSADOR :-)
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

OT: Call me retro or Tubelight but, on YouTube when I saw the Stig Revealed episode I was somehow thinking what fun it'd be if Schumi was 'The Stig' and guys, you would not believe what I went through when Schumi was revealed. It was unbelieveable. When was this episode aired, any idea? 2 years 3 years back ?

Wonder who could fit into the 'Indian Stig's' role here.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
OT: Call me retro or Tubelight but, on YouTube when I saw the Stig Revealed episode I was somehow thinking what fun it'd be if Schumi was 'The Stig' and guys, you would not believe what I went through when Schumi was revealed. It was unbelieveable. When was this episode aired, any idea? 2 years 3 years back ?

Wonder who could fit into the 'Indian Stig's' role here.

the stig with schumi episode was this season - so it was a few months back..

TG - in India is just not possible at this stage !! those guys are just after high end high performance cars driven on superb roads..

they scoff at any car that is owned by the common person..
they hate anything thats Japanese, Korean , American...
they almost hate the Germans
they love british cars

with the above in mind, no chance TG can and need to come to India
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:28   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Why can't we instead have a local car show that matches the quality & entertainment of Top Gear? Is it too much to ask? We surely have the driving talent, just pick one of the rally pros.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why can't we instead have a local car show that matches the quality & entertainment of Top Gear? Is it too much to ask? We surely have the driving talent, just pick one of the rally pros.
GTO, i agree with what ypu say but main question is funding in India. to produce a show similar in lines with Top Gear is difficult here as Top Gear themself did cost cutting and this seson aired 5 shows and stopped.

Imagine here, it would a one special show for 60 mins and next show after 2 years.
Old 26th September 2009, 11:32   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
but main question is funding in India
Ah, I get it. Funding, though its more to do with the funding from the brands, than the cost of the program . As of today, no tv show has the guts to be as brutal as Top Gear can be.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Completely agree with you there. We sure have the driving talent but its finding the presenters who have a combination of skills, knowledge, wit and originality that is difficult. I am sure its not difficult, but if you look at our TV shows they are so stereotyped and unimaginative. Alll they do is plonk a dull , boring newspresenter or a good looking gal nd talk the same stuff over and over like it were lifted off a car mag. Theres no 'feel' in what they say!

BTW I think our very own Yeti would should take a shot at hosting the desi version! WHat say??

Last edited by pranava999 : 26th September 2009 at 13:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks