Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the Automobile Association as well?
Yes 7 28.00%
If Yes - comment. 1 4.00%
No 15 60.00%
If No - comment. 3 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 17:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are you a member of any Automobile Association (e.g. WIAA)?

I am a life member with AASI. I joined them when I was in Chennai (in 2000). My Driving License was taken from Mumbai, which got transferred to Chennai with the help of AASI.

Even now, I am getting their AGM notice and their In-house Journal "Southern Motorist''.

Three months back, when I was renewing my car Insurance with ICICI Lombard, I got Rs.200 discount because of this membership.

Last edited by nairrk : 2nd December 2019 at 17:54.
Old 5th May 2023, 06:09   #47
BHPian

Re: Are you a member of any Automobile Association (e.g. WIAA)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
How is the AASI now? Is it still worth to get a life membership at 10k? Anyone who has any recent experience?

Since my DL and Car are both from Kerala, would it be beneficial since I suppose AASI is based out of Bangalore?
Since everything online with RTO they are absolutely useless, their only use was for IDP that some stupid outdated countries like Japan need in book form, even that was a failure in my case as they say only if they apply for IDP on RTO website they can issue book type IDP, since i already had a valid IDP they cannot apply for a new one online until it expires and so they are not able to provide me the book form, worse than governments office. They have to issue a book form based on the IDP issued by RTO, how should it matter how that IDP was acquired.

Last edited by drkumarmp : 5th May 2023 at 06:10.
drkumarmp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks