Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the Automobile Association as well?
Yes 7 28.00%
If Yes - comment. 1 4.00%
No 15 60.00%
If No - comment. 3 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 09:40   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Are you a member of any Automobile Association (e.g. WIAA)?

This is out of pure academic interest, just to check how many TBHP-ians are also Automobile Association Members.

Your comments, information & views are very welcome.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:19   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm a member with WIAA but only because I get my International license renewed there. Not an active member in the org.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know the advantages of becoming a member, cost involved etc. Also would like to know if it would cover more than one vehicle owned by the member.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:36   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

check this link - Automobile Association of Southern India - AASI
and yes it covers 2 vehicles - 1 main and 1 addon at a small charge - any further addons come at an additional nominal charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I would like to know the advantages of becoming a member, cost involved etc. Also would like to know if it would cover more than one vehicle owned by the member.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

I heard there is a guy here in Ooty who is in charge of getting you registered for the AA.

I am still to lazy to drag myself there. Will do so shortly. Is there anyway I can register online for the same?
Old 25th September 2009, 13:17   #6
BHPian

Automobile Association Membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is out of pure academic interest, just to check how many TBHP-ians are also Automobile Association Members.

Your comments, information & views are very welcome.
I am life member of the "A.A.S.I" bangalore since the middle 80's. I get all my vehicles RTO work and DL renewal etc. through the AASI. Takes away the hasssle & pressure of going to the RTO office in person and getting the job done. Since the AA is a government recognised & international organization, they get the jobs done at the RTO without any problem. Also you get discount for being member of AASI for Vehicle Insurance.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:14   #7
BHPian

Have been considering it but just don't know how beneficial such a membership is.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
I am life member of the "A.A.S.I" bangalore since the middle 80's. I get all my vehicles RTO work and DL renewal etc. through the AASI. Takes away the hasssle & pressure of going to the RTO office in person and getting the job done. Since the AA is a government recognised & international organization, they get the jobs done at the RTO without any problem. Also you get discount for being member of AASI for Vehicle Insurance.
So do you mean you don't have to visit the RTO in person in case you want to get a DL renewed/ address change on DL, in case you're a member?

Also, any benefits on car servicing, mechanic's inspection and advice in case you're buying a second hand car, etc?
Tie ups for car transport for relocation?
Also, do you have to have a particular car registered with them to avail non-car specific benefits like DL renewal etc? Because in case of a company leased vehicle, that vehicle cannot be registered under individual membership, only under corporate membership, as I read on their website.

Last edited by sidkun : 25th September 2009 at 14:25.
Old 28th September 2009, 14:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
So do you mean you don't have to visit the RTO in person in case you want to get a DL renewed/ address change on DL, in case you're a member?
Ues you have to go to the RTO office where your presence is a must. But the AASI Rep. gets the paper work etc done well in advance and you go there at the time the AASI Rep gives you and within a few minutes you are out of there.

Last time when my DL was renewed, I went to the RTO Office for taking the Photo. But they send me back with out taking any photographs saying that my photo is there already in the Computer.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th March 2012 at 17:15. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 28th September 2009, 14:20   #10
BHPian

I became a member of AASI during 2006 as I was in need of International driving licence. AASI is authorised to provide International driving license, you dont have to go to the RTO. The license is valid of 1 year only.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

I just came across a reference to AASI in another thread and have been researching it.

The membership certainly looks extremely useful. I wish I'd known of it some 4 years earlier, but better late than never. I'm going to become a member now.

Just a quick question though: Any feedback on the Hyderabad centre? Is the level of service the same across all centres or is there something I need to be aware of with respect to the Hyderabad centre in particular.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st August 2010, 20:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Finally dropped in my membership application today. The gentleman in-charge of the Hyderabad office is a very friendly and helpful person. He is a retired RTO official.

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th September 2010, 15:06   #13
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how long does it take to obtain AASI membership? I am travelling to US on Oct 6th and was wondering if I could take the membership and get an IDP through the association.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:49   #14
Team-BHP Support

Go there and pay up, the IDP will be issued on the spot
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:52   #15
Team-BHP Support

Re: Are you a member of any Automobile Association (e.g. WIAA)?

I am planning to take a permanent membership of the Automobile Association. Just one thing though : since I am in Bangalore, I would be enrolling at AA South India. I don't think I will be in Bangalore or south India for more than a year at max; does it make sense taking membership of AASI?

As I understand, taking membership of the Automobile Association of say South India would also entitle me to services of AA North India, right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks