Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 13:19   #1
BHPian

Any Good Honest Investment Advisor - Bangalore?

Hello,

Do anyone of you know any good and honest investment advisor in Bangalore. When I say honest, i want the actual terms, who has read between the lines in TnC, and importantly should not be pushing one particular companies products.

this is basically for Tax Saving Schemes I am looking for.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:37   #2
BHPian

My cousin is a person you could speak to. He is honest & will never push you for any one product. He will first listen to what exactly you need & then advise you accordingly.

He got into this line out of passion. Quit his secure job of being a Program Managar at one of the leading IT firms in Bangalore (don't want to name the firm) to do something he had more passion towards.

Do let me know if you are interested in contacting him, I will PM you the details based on your response.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:41   #3
BHPian

@ dud dodo, sure i shall want to call and meet him. Please PM me him number
Old 7th January 2013, 16:04   #4
BHPian

Re: Any Good Honest Investment Advisor - Bangalore?

Pushing up another thread that's been dud for a while.

Any suggestions? I am looking for a trustworthy advisor. Although a CFP would be better.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:15   #5
BHPian

There are quite a few "advisors" online, if you are ok dealing with them over the phone/mails. Most of them are CFPs. Below are a few of them -

http://www.jagoinvestor.com/services
http://www.raagvamdatt.com/myfinancialplan/

https://www.myfinplanner.com/
http://www.personalfn.com/financial-...-overview.aspx

You might want to read this as well, http://www.jagoinvestor.com/2010/01/...-in-india.html

P.S: I have no relationship with any of the guys/websites mentioned above. You need to research and find a good advisor.
Old 5th June 2016, 00:46   #6
BHPian

Any pointers towards a good financial planner in Bangalore ? I am looking for guidance in retirement & tax Planning.
Old 6th September 2016, 20:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Any pointers towards a good financial planner in Bangalore ? I am looking for guidance in retirement & tax Planning.
Maybe my reply is bit too late, still - I can recommend Mr. Pallav Saraswat of Dhanmantra Investments. Not specifically for tax planning, but for overall portfolio management. Dhanmantra is his own firm.
Old 6th September 2016, 20:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

I recommend PeakAlpha, I have been with them for 5 years. I even switched my mothers accounts to them. They are very balanced and are more conservative
Old 6th September 2016, 22:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I recommend PeakAlpha, I have been with them for 5 years. I even switched my mothers accounts to them. They are very balanced and are more conservative
I use this guy in Hyderabad and have done so for many years now. Very good, very conservative and scrupulously honest. Also my classmate from 16 years back, full disclosure.

Location doesn't really matter for an advisor as most correspondence will be over email and whatsapp, and any documents you need to send will take about a day in courier is all - for the initial setup. After that most everything is possible online.

Emani Rajesh / emani@manimatters.in
Old 9th September 2016, 23:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
I am not a SEBI Registered advisor. However,I am quite passionate about this field and advise friends and family. I can provide guidance for free if you are interested. No hidden charges/commissions.
Old 10th September 2016, 14:02   #11
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I use this guy in Hyderabad and have done so for many years now. Very good, very conservative and scrupulously honest. Also my classmate from 16 years back, full disclosure.
How do these guys charge for the service provided ? Is it some % of what is invested or a % of the profits earned, etc ?
Old 10th September 2016, 14:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
How do these guys charge for the service provided ? Is it some % of what is invested or a % of the profits earned, etc ?
Varies - if you specify an ARN code some cut of the investment may be assigned as advisor commission, in other cases there are flat fees

Anyone charging you a percent of the profits is making the dangerous assumption that profits will always exist in the markets so you're not likely to find that
Old 10th September 2016, 23:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300 View Post
Maybe my reply is bit too late, still - I can recommend Mr. Pallav Saraswat of Dhanmantra Investments. Not specifically for tax planning, but for overall portfolio management. Dhanmantra is his own firm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejavuTrip View Post
I am not a SEBI Registered advisor. However,I am quite passionate about this field and advise friends and family. I can provide guidance for free if you are interested. No hidden charges/commissions.
Thank you GS300 & DejavuTrip, for the suggestions , Will contact you via PM for more details
Old 12th September 2016, 09:20   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I pay around Rs 10000 annually + they make something as an agent. They do there own research and decide which funds invest in.

I was with a bank which took fees based on % of holdings and % of gains. I found the former wiprs outa lot of your gains. Thry make money on the % of gains by encourage you to book losses on non performing shares. Reinvest and anything onwards becomes a gain. I found within a year, that investing in an MF had better returns

Basically

Invest directly - keeping eye on market constantly - best but you need time and skills

Invest with an ethical financial advisor - Optimum- prevents you from being foolish but returns might be conservative

Discretionary portfolio investment - run
Old 12th September 2016, 10:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ajmat, hserus -do the guys you work with also help in tax planning? That's one area i need help with as well. Thank you for your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks