Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 20:13   #1
BHPian

Is Hyderabad safe to drive through during Telangana unrest?

Guys I just heard over the new about telengana`s cheif heath issue and the termoil in the city.

I am about to ride from vizag to akola (M.S.) starting 8th dec. i have my hault at hyd on 8th evening around 6 p.m.

So, just wanted info from hyderabadis that is it safe to drive thru in this present state or shall i change my route to jagdalpur - koraput -nagpur - amravati - akola (this goes thru orissa and lill bit of C.G.)

I am till worried about this route since its not a good highway and goes thru interiors which bcoz of moist have become unsafe.

guys need urgent help, i am on the verge of cancelling my trip otherwise.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just now heard on the news that there is a strike for 3 days in telangana and all colleges are closed and there is a big rally going oin. So be careful while driving or if pssible change the route even if it slittle bit lengthly it will be safe.all the best
Old 5th December 2009, 20:26   #3
BHPian

The situation now in hyd is quite bitter. All petrol bunks are shut down and we just cant tell what might happen. The mob dint spare private vehicles too. My car got a scratch while my friends car's front and rear windshield were smashed. I say its better to avoid the city or rather keep track over the news about the situation and proceed accordingly. It seems tomorrow even the news channels will be off air. So I guess its safe to avoid the city to be on a safer side.

If the trip isnt urgent and can be postponed, please do so. Its better for the scenario to abate before we can actually assure safety.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
The situation now in hyd is quite bitter. All petrol bunks are shut down and we just cant tell what might happen. The mob dint spare private vehicles too. My car got a scratch while my friends car's front and rear windshield were smashed. I say its better to avoid the city or rather keep track over the news about the situation and proceed accordingly. It seems tomorrow even the news channels will be off air. So I guess its safe to avoid the city to be on a safer side.

If the trip isnt urgent and can be postponed, please do so. Its better for the scenario to abate before we can actually assure safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Just now heard on the news that there is a strike for 3 days in telangana and all colleges are closed and there is a big rally going oin. So be careful while driving or if pssible change the route even if it slittle bit lengthly it will be safe.all the best
Thanks guys,

Well i was going for a wedding. So it isn`t that imp. Anywayz i am working out a new route right now. I am looking to drive till suryapet and somehow bypass hyd and connect to nizamabad.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

This will be the best thing to do. Just bypass these areas and reach the destiniation.Safety is important rather than enjoyment
Old 5th December 2009, 20:45   #6
BHPian

This is what i have worked out .

from:Visakhapatnam to:17.088291,79.61792 to:akola - Google Maps

Need your inputs, hope this route is safe.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:51   #7
BHPian

I am visiting Hyderabad on 19, 20 December by train. Am a bit worried now.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:20   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Chillax guys, i have been driving around the entire city and outskirts ever since this tension erupted.

You can see my post here...right?
Old 7th December 2009, 11:27   #9
BHPian

mobike008, good to know that The scenes they were showing on TV gave a different perspective. So was worried.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:22   #10
BHPian

guys like mobike008 said, do not be so worried.
furioussphinx, sorry about the incident.
Abbas, make sure you are full tank all times. Dont take it for granted that only hyderabad bunks are closed. these morons are creating disturbances where ever they can show their strength. Make that Google maps route happen but just be cautious. Afterall all that those guys want is to disturb the normal life. I say don't let anyone decide on what you want to do.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:50   #11
BHPian

I read in the newspaper today that a certain leader of a certain party is critically ill and the party fellows have assured to bring Andhra Pradesh to a stand still. Hope it doesnt happen.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:46   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
I read in the newspaper today that a certain leader of a certain party is critically ill and the party fellows have assured to bring Andhra Pradesh to a stand still. Hope it doesnt happen.
That's KCR from TRS Party. Hope he croaks !!!

Btw, no need to worry, continue with your plan and dont track things so closely. And, lastly chill man these things happen and will not affect you directly in any way
Old 9th December 2009, 12:52   #13
BHPian

@mobike008, Thanks for the calming words. I did know of the name of the guy and the party. Just didnt want to bring it up here :P I was concerned because I read they vandalized hotels, etc. So if things went ugly, trains blockage, bandh etc was worrying me.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:03   #14
BHPian

ok guys i made it safely in and out of hyderabad today. Started from vizag o 8th and reacvhed hyderabad in the evening at 5. Started today morning at 6 from hyd and reached akola as planned by 4 p.m. It was a smooth drive and no telengana trouble.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

There is trouble expected tomorrow---Dec 10th and most companies have advised employees to work from home. Schools have declared a holiday. Cops have issued an advisory asking inter-state vehicles to avoid Hyd region.

There are a hell of a lot of traffic restrictions tomorrow in Hyd, and most flyovers are closed from 10 pm tonight till evening tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks