Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 12:30   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Another school to stay away from is KV, Malleshwaram & Jalahalli. They follow age old methods of teaching, very strict, with the children getting very little exposure to the outside world and most importantly being in touch with the latest upgrades in technology. Basically they are old school.

Most parents should now look at schools that enunciate a lot on extra curricular activities, sports, encourage the students to do things that they are interested in than just mug whats printed in the books and get good grades. Then only will a human being grow intellectually, than just being brought up as a bookworm.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:18   #17
BHPian

Sorry to go offtopic- Education scenario in the country has become so bad that few seats are being chased by MANY people. Time has changed so much that people stand in a queue from early morning / previous night to get an application for LKG. We have accepted the fact that school seats cannot be secured without paying donation. Schools have a rule that kids need to be within 3 km radius to get a seat but we have figured a way to beat the rule, just to get a seat in a good school. IF only public education was good...

My daughter is 2.2 years old and when I enquired about putting her in Montessori school (Jayanagar, Bangalore) the fees was 25-30K per year which was much much more than my engineering fees. The schools I enquired are Learning tree and Wonder kids. IS there a better school in Jayanagar?

Thiyags
Old 27th November 2008, 13:20   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Thiyags, education is a money laundering profession now. Nothing comes for free these days.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:23   #19
BANNED

I thought admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School) was restricted to children of Central Government employees - have things changed?
Old 27th November 2008, 15:10   #20
BANNED

Wow...

Thank you every one for suggestions on schools.

This Saturday i am on scout again to few schools mentioned here.

As they say "First Impression is the Lasting Impression". Old school like the MES did'nt quite make an impression, though they are well known school, but these days only academics would not help a child to be prepared competitive enough.Forget that , Best part is MES does not even have a proper play ground and play area for kids.

I dont want my kid to be good only in Studies.

I loved the way Sri Sri Ravi shankar gurukul's approach.

Proper academics and also extra curicular activities, gelled together.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:43   #21
BANNED

@hrags - KV admits children whose parents are not central govt. employees. A written test is held, though.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:46   #22
BHPian

As suggested by roamingrao; you can check Cluny Convent heard from some colleagues that its a good place too.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:35   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
As suggested by roamingrao; you can check Cluny Convent heard from some colleagues that its a good place too.
I know cluny convent is a good school, but it imposes too much religion centric values.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I know cluny convent is a good school, but it imposes too much religion centric values.
Dude I think you gotto to check your sources,I studied in the same school and have never gone through such a thing.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Pavan, there is no harm if your kid learns some moral lessons/values, and we need this more in this present-day world!
Old 27th November 2008, 18:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
[b]

My daughter is 2.2 years old and when I enquired about putting her in Montessori school (Jayanagar, Bangalore) the fees was 25-30K per year which was much much more than my engineering fees. The schools I enquired are Learning tree and Wonder kids. IS there a better school in Jayanagar?

Thiyags
My daughter is close to 3 and a half and she is put up at Prayag Montessori in Padmanabhanagar, which is around 5 minutes walk from my house. She is doing fine and enjoying her school. It costs about 25k per year and I have found the school to be good.

We need to figure out a school for her once she starts her 1st Class.
Old 1st December 2008, 15:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
My daughter is close to 3 and a half and she is put up at Prayag Montessori in Padmanabhanagar, which is around 5 minutes walk from my house. She is doing fine and enjoying her school. It costs about 25k per year and I have found the school to be good.

We need to figure out a school for her once she starts her 1st Class.
Even I have heard good reviews about Prayag Montessori.
My cousin's kid studies over there.
Old 1st December 2008, 15:54   #28
BHPian

You might want to stay away from Bishop Cotton's & Baldwin's.[/quote]

Rahul, Can you pls elaborate on this comment, or send me a PM. I was considering one of these for my son since there is a lot of encouragement for sports with whatever little feedback I have gathered.

Thx

Srisha
Old 1st December 2008, 19:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Try Poorna Prajna, Sadashivnagar. A very good school, operated by the Admur Matt Swamyji from Udupi.
. Pavan, the standard of education in this school is highly appreciable (at least when I was studying there). I passed out in 1994.

I did my entire schooling right from kindergarten upto 10th grade in Poorna Prajna. They have branches in other parts of blore too.

P.S. My mum and dad said it was pretty tough for me to get admission back then (sometime in the early 1980's). My parents was interviewed by the Swamiji himself. It was a long process but i got the seat.

Only downside is that the school will constantly pester you for donation for some reason or the other.

But the facilities be it sports or acedemics are very good. I would consider putting my son in this school when he's old enough.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for Pre Nursery school for my son near Marthahalli. Please give your recommendation?

He will be 2 year 7 months as on June 2009, when the academic year starts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks