Team-BHP - The best car movies you've seen
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The best car movies you've seen (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/7301-best-car-movies-youve-seen-7.html)

I have been attempting to build up a collection of the "car" movies I liked. Have managed to put together the following favourites on VCD/DVD and have watched them countless times:Have seen the following and loved them as well been searching for these movies to add to the collection for a while now:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjcherian
I have been attempting to build up a collection of the "car" movies I liked.

You might want to add "Days of Thunder"... pretty old one but good to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver
You might want to add "Days of Thunder"... pretty old one but good to watch.

Thanks. Shall check this movie out at the earliest.

Hi,

Actaully all of you have listed my favs but there's one which i saw and loved it. It's like Fast and furious and Dhoom.. (Dhoom has copied the bank thieving concept from this movie).. And the name is "Taxi" released in 1998.

:)

gone in 60 seconds, fast and furious and transporter. just love them

i must add the transporter to my list.its got an awesome car chase.

Rev
ps. if anyones seen the movie can you tell me what he does when hes on the bridge.he does something and then just lands on the trailer.

revtech i dont think that is humanly possible(correct me if i am wrong).. and that has to be special effects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather
revtech i dont think that is humanly possible(correct me if i am wrong).. and that has to be special effects.

It looked too good to be true but who cares ...it was awesome. I have seen that movie(just for that chase alone ) too many times to keep count but still love it.

Also added Days of Thunder to my favourite list (and to my collection) on Sunday. It had the righ amount of humour and a good dose of high revving engines to keep me happy.

Now am on the lookout for another movie I remember seeing but forgot till I did a Google Search for car chases : "Vanishing Point"

hey sjcherian, have you seen Rendevous, a 10 minute french film that is all about blasting through 1960's Paris in early morning in an italian sports car? It was full of rushing through signals, intersections, turning into 90 degree turns at crazy speeds and lots of close calss and tyre squealing. It had an overdubbed soundtrack from a racing ferrari, and is surely one of the most evocative movies I have seen.

Islero: Its a Ferrari 275 driven in early morning paris, there are no special effects here. If you see carefully, the guy has some close shaves. regarding the sound, i think it is more to do with the equipment then and the conversion to digital that makes it seem like it was dubbed. Great ***** out driving nevertheless.
See Climb Dance, its ari vatannen's drive up pikes peak...I think its better than Rendevous.

Fast nd furious...2F2F...gone in 60 secs..just love that under bridge scene in it where he presses this tiny red button and the car just zoooommms!!!

Thanks Mustangman&Islero - I shall keep a watch out for the movies you listed as well. They sound like interesting movies.

Quote:

Now am on the lookout for another movie I remember seeing but forgot till I did a Google Search for car chases : "Vanishing Point"

Just love that movie.. seen it only once yrs back n star movies.. but still remains fresh in my memory.. the ending was awesome.. Amazing movie!! agree:

Quote:

I have been attempting to build up a collection of the "car" movies I liked.

U must also add the "Back to the Future" Trilogy.. a movie way ahead of its time.. and fun to watch!!

@Maverick5490 - I didnt want to go the science fiction route as there are way too many movies there that I like :-). I love the Back to the future series but felt it didnt fall into the "action" genre that most car movies fall into.

I saw Vanishing point on cable as well when I was in the USA. There was some channel that used to show "car" movies on late Saturday night. Hvant seen the movie since.