Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2005, 12:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Stuffing pot holes with small stones and then filling mud over it - is no way of bloody repairing the roads. The layer will come of (as it usually does) with the first few drops of rain.

When the bloody heck will this eyewash stop ?

cheers
Old 26th September 2005, 13:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

I really get bugged by our democracy sometimes. These politicians make same promises year after year, election after election and still get elected. People whine, crib and protest meekly, but elect same bunch of selfish politicians. One biggest problem with democracy is going by number and not merit. So, if 9 out of 10 say that 1+1 is 3 and not 2, it is correct in democracy.

And, before you all start flaming me for this, let me clarify that notwithstanding its problems, I find it as most proper way of government.
Old 28th September 2005, 06:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this news which says corporators in Mumbai are more worried about political hoardings in the city compared to bad roads!.
Please read through that link. Apparently, after the july 26 deluge, the politicians have till today not discussed about the bad roads in the city or the inadequate drainage system. Ego and one upmanship are what they are concerned with.

Last edited by amit : 28th September 2005 at 06:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks