Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2005, 19:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

As it is we Mumbaikars are paying maximum taxes in India. Where the hell is all that money going? I'm beginning to hate this city!
Old 30th September 2005, 20:41   #17
BHPian

At this pace it wont be surpricing to see petrol prices shooting above 60/- with in next 1-2 yr, toll may go up to 50-80 /- , but the saddest part is that no matter how much we people pay heavy taxes ,but in return we people dont get the kind of infrastructure as in developed countries.
Old 1st October 2005, 13:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

All they do is tax those who are honest in ever increasing amounts. And this is true all across the country. ****ty politicians.
Old 1st October 2005, 14:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
toll may go up to 50-80 /-
It wont go up for atleast the next three years! This increment of Rs. 25 and Rs. 800 PM is for the next three years!
Old 2nd October 2005, 02:34   #20
BHPian

The problem here is the fact that we don't have a route to sue the govt. for negligence & dereliction of duty!

I drive from Pune to Thane a couple of times every month and of late, I have actually been paying 40 bucks + driving 15Km extra (enter Mumbai via Vashi and leave at Mulund) because the direct route via Airoli - Kalva is unmotorable! I have wrecked 2 steel rims, 1 tyre and had to get my steering rack replaced + fuel tank welded because of the "normal wear and tear" of driving on that stretch... so now, I end up shelling out 40 bucks toll + 1L of fuel (note: no price attached!) per trip just to keep my new Alloys + Potenzas + everything-else intact!

"Travel the short free route and screw up your car, or pay us money to dodge fewer potholes". Explain to me how this is not extortion!

They should not be charging tolls till the roads are done up, instead they want us to pay more money for the use of the potholes??? Utter Nonsense!

- T u r b o C -
Old 4th October 2005, 18:32   #21
BHPian

Guys,

there was an article in Hindustan Times (1st / 2nd October)regarding the increase in Toll rates.

There actually is an association (Mumbai Motor Vehicles Association...something like that). The chairman of the association was quoted saying that, he will wait for reactions from fellow vehicle drivers before taking any action.

Does any of you are aware of whr to get in touch with this person or association?

Will look into HT again tday, and report back...

Hope we can get some complaints from Tbhp to this guy to actually do something about the hike.
Old 5th October 2005, 10:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
Guys,

there was an article in Hindustan Times (1st / 2nd October)regarding the increase in Toll rates.

There actually is an association (Mumbai Motor Vehicles Association...something like that). The chairman of the association was quoted saying that, he will wait for reactions from fellow vehicle drivers before taking any action.

Does any of you are aware of whr to get in touch with this person or association?

Will look into HT again tday, and report back...

Hope we can get some complaints from Tbhp to this guy to actually do something about the hike.

Rishi... any contact details of that person or association?

Tried to find some website, but I doubt its hosted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks