Team-BHP - Passport Renewal Procedure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Passport Renewal Procedure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/78424-passport-renewal-procedure-151.html)

Need urgent help. My passport appointment is tomorrow, but cannot make it and also will be unavailable for any appointment date within the next one month. I know i can reschedule the appointment, but most probably its going to give me options within the next one month when iam not available. So can I cancel tomorrow's appointment and schedule the next appointment, say after a month?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 4147715)
. I know i can reschedule the appointment, but most probably its going to give me options within the next one month when iam not available.

When rescheduling you have the option to choose the date. So if the calendar is open you can choose a month later. Try it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 4147715)
Need urgent help. My passport appointment is tomorrow, but cannot make it and also will be unavailable for any appointment date within the next one month. I know i can reschedule the appointment, but most probably its going to give me options within the next one month when iam not available. So can I cancel tomorrow's appointment and schedule the next appointment, say after a month?

Yes you can cancel the appointment and schedule it for another date later. The site allows for that option.

I am not completely sure but I think if you cancel you forfeit the fees paid (if paid online). The only option you have is to reschedule for 2 times AFAIK

I went ahead and cancelled it. I can schedule another appointment within the next one year. No need to repay fee again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4147987)
I am not completely sure but I think if you cancel you forfeit the fees paid (if paid online). The only option you have is to reschedule for 2 times AFAIK

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 4148014)
I went ahead and cancelled it. I can schedule another appointment within the next one year. No need to repay fee again.

Appointment can be either re-scheduled or cancelled up to 2 times (i.e. 3 total appointments) without paying additional fees. I know because I recently cancelled an appointment for my daughter and later rescheduled it for another date.

Thanks for sharing. I guess I got misled by a statement which said something like "fees paid if any will not be refunded". From your experience I suppose the fees is still not refunded but you still can cancel it

Can we choose appointment date and time or is it allotted automatically?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 4157140)

Date can be selected but not time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 4157140)

Date you can choose while time is automatically allotted.

Ok, So how much advance date can be selected. One day/week/month ahead ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 4157202)
Ok, So how much advance date can be selected. One day/week/month ahead ?

When I was booking recently I noticed it is up to 1 month in advance. But frankly it is almost certain at any point of time that you will be able to get an appointment at a week or 10 days advance booking. So if you need a later date, just book the appointment later.

I just got my Passport renewed in Pune. The over all process is quite smooth certainly a big difference that what I remember 10 years back. I got my passport through Speedpost at my home within 6 days (including week offs).

I have applied for re issue to have my wife name in it and also is due to expire in next one month.

My wife also applied for renew for the same reason but her status shows that police verification is initiated. Not sure why?

We both have present address change and wanted to add the spouse name add. i got it delivered in 6 days where as her one is pending for police verification.

Any idea why there is such difference?

Note from Support: Post edited for readability

@Suvo_Petrolhead; Maybe it is an age issue. Were they verified with UID. If so then it is strange.

But then strange are the incomprehensible ways of Bharat Sarkar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4160898)
@Suvo_Petrolhead; Maybe it is an age issue. Were they verified with UID. If so then it is strange.

But then strange are the incomprehensible ways of Bharat Sarkar.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes they verified with UID and with my wife's aadhar card which is on the present address.

I agree the strange thing with the Government. Last time I was strange when Pune RTO didn’t accepted my driving license as valid ID which is issued by them only during my hypothecation removal on my RC book.:Frustrati