Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 10:10   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
When I was studying, one of my friends (from another institute) actually went to professor's home with a bottle of scotch to pass his statistics paper.. and guess what..he actually passed the exam just by appearing. He wrote the answersheet at prof's home.

I mean come on...its not an IAS paper, where one has to be concerned so much. Its just a business!
MBA = Master of BUsiness Administration

It is about getting things done; not some esoteric inquisition into <oh well, I am at loss for words>
Old 26th February 2010, 10:23   #17
BHPian

Education is very much commercialized these days. This is not new guys.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think instead of trying to be elites, smoking cuban cigars in your posh airconditioned offices, and ridiculing IIPM, you should realize that in India, unless you are MBA, you are not going to get any job (which really pays you back), plus IIPM MBA grads do get placed, whether in Chaudhury's company or elsewhere.

Most of the institutes in India are like this because of the job market demands.
Everyone knows what happens when demand is high, and supply is low.

And please don't compare it to IIMs and other institutes in its league - where <5000 ppl (throughout India) get admission. If you are not in that lot, you have to go to the wolves ...
Old 26th February 2010, 11:15   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
you should realize that in India, unless you are MBA, you are not going to get any job (which really pays you back)
Says who?

This is herd mentality of joining an MBA and so the institutes make money.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

to be honest, no B school is a complete goody two shoes. all of them, including the top ones use the truth with some marketing spin.

Case in point, Salaries quoted in placement figures.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:25   #21
BHPian

I am in HR and keep hiring MTs( fresh meat) for the company.out of 5 institutes I have hired from the IIPM guys were dumbest and had no idea about the world. rich kids who are not into study that much but in for a international holiday which is part or education at IIPM. for example I asked a kid who had been Fiat's plant in Italy and had interracted with the MD.But when I asked what was his name and what kind of cars fiat makes..the genius had no Idea.they have around 74 subject each year for which they have faculty who is actually passed out from IIPM only and rest is just a big party all these years.

Drop it my friend.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:22   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think instead of trying to be elites, smoking cuban cigars in your posh airconditioned offices,
Smoking Cigars inside airconditioned office... Who allows that?

Quote:
you should realize that in India, unless you are MBA, you are not going to get any job (which really pays you back), plus IIPM MBA grads do get placed, whether in Chaudhury's company or elsewhere.
Really? This is news to me.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

IIPM is a rich and spoilt kids den, nothing else.

Quote:
you should realize that in India, unless you are MBA, you are not going to get any job (which really pays you back
Old 26th February 2010, 15:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

This thread has really opened my eyes as I was planning to join IIPM this year after my 12th exams !

How is Amity when compared to IIPM ?
Old 26th February 2010, 16:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
How is Amity when compared to IIPM ?
Chor - Chor mausere bhai!

Its only the top20 B schools that make the difference.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

There was one more. Rai University which konked. My friend was there. She had a bad experience. Faculity leaving, facilities shifting bases every now and then. This was Pune. Dunno elsewhere.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:34   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
This thread has really opened my eyes as I was planning to join IIPM this year after my 12th exams !
Have a counselling session done on your prospects linked to your interests. Dont go where your friends are going.
Old 26th February 2010, 19:34   #28
BHPian

Shortcuts to Success More...

And how much. Makes crores on selling dreams worth worms and people graduating out of this so called b-schools getting peanuts not enough to even earn back the ridiculous fee they pay. Most of them land up in BPOs or "call centers" in Pune, Delhi and other so called education hubs, and those who don't go on to do HR or Admin jobs (not to say that's a bad job, but something that could well be done by a simple grad also).

There is no substitute for real experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Says who?

This is herd mentality of joining an MBA and so the institutes make money.
Old 26th February 2010, 20:58   #29
BHPian

Faitless its not only IIPM i am talking about, its the same for most of the colleges these days. Even in my college the question paper can be bought for a mere Rs.500.
Quoted from the website:
"IIPM dares to look beyond, and proudly understands that what we teach today, others adopt tomorrow .
IIPM is in the 'elite list' and rated it as one of the fastest-rising business school in the country. The survey placed IIPM at rank 8 over all (IIPM exceeding 2 of the IIMs)
IIPM also got ranked 3rd for its quality of course content (IIPM exceeding 4 of the IIMs)."
SERIOUSLY?? IIPM leading IIM??
Its just because of the mentality that there is no future without an MBA that there is a B school in every locality.
MBA is living upto the name "MAIN BHI AAUNGA".
Old 26th February 2010, 21:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
So called india's management Guru, has a degree from a University own by his own father. Lolz
And if someone has read his article on 3 Idiots, he claims this is the best movie made in the world ever in any language.

Anyways i am a IIPM passout, I feel most allegations made here are true. And No more comments.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2010 at 21:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks