Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
But then someone calls the Bolero a SUV and it gets to me.
Thank God you don't own a Fiat!
Old 13th May 2010, 13:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@downloadtolive: I think you should stop downloading to live. Thats a bad habit.
That will be difficult for a guy who regularly thanks god for sending him on earth at the time when there is:
1. Internet
2. Google
3. Torrents
(in that order)
Old 13th May 2010, 14:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I was addicted to Team-BHP back in 2008. Successfully kicked that habbit and i'm proud to say that i haven't visited the site since!

Also i used to be a compulsive liar, managed to come clean about 6 months back. Feels great.

Next bad habit thats on my kick-list :
Corny sense of humour.

cya
R
LOL, this post is great.

PS: Even I am trying to kick off this habit of lying.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:41   #19
BHPian

During my schooldays, i had this terrible habbit of watching the repeat telecast of cricket matches. my mom use to ask me, how can you watch the repeat telecast of the match you saw yesterday? i use to say, i love cricket
but now i've reached my post graduation level, a bit more busy and guess what, i'm happy just watching live cricket
Old 13th May 2010, 15:58   #20
BHPian

Quit alcoholic drinks in 2006 and still going strong except for occasional beer shots

occasional = 1 or 2 beers in 6 months
Old 13th May 2010, 21:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I was addicted to Team-BHP back in 2008. Successfully kicked that habbit and i'm proud to say that i haven't visited the site since!

Now I understand, why @mjothi asked you to stay away from the forum on your birthday
Old 14th May 2010, 02:45   #22
BHPian

1.I was addicted to cricket and watch it even when Zimbabwe would play against Kenya or BD (reason could be that matches were very close and interesting) or there is boring 5 day loooooong test match.For matches in Aus and NZ i would wake up at 3.30-4.30AM for live telecast.
But thankfully,may be due to Indian performances recently,i have been able to kick around 90% this habit.Now i just follow it in news etc thats all.

2.Like most i was also addicted to t-bhp from 2005 till about 2008 when suddenly i found some motivation and energy for higher studies.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:00   #23
BHPian

Nice thread. Although i admit i have several bad habits, some active and some passive. It wouldn't be apt to list all of them here . To start, a bad habit which most urban dwellers would find themselves victims of ...

... addicted to aerated drinks, colas. My consumption went up to an alarming a litre a day or more and i had no control over it. Was at a point that if i was dying of thirst on a desert, i would ask for a cola not water. Managed to come out of it clean, has been more than a month since i touched 'aerated evil'.

How i did it? Whenever i felt the urge to have one, quickly ran to the refrigerator and gulped half a litre of cold water, this temporarily subdued the urge. Went for movies with a bottle of packaged drinking water and a lollipop instead of cola and popcorn. Did this for a couple of weeks and the urge was gone. Would offer the same advice to fellow bhpians who want to quit cola's and cheers if you can !
Old 14th May 2010, 18:33   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sleeping till late! Until about 5 years back, I used to wake up real late in the morning. Over my MBA, by the time I got back from school, it was anyways 10ish at night. And then, there was the coursework, hanging out etc. Where I worked prior to my MBA, the market never really opened up before 1100 hours, thus I could stay in bed till 930ish.

The last 5 years changed all of that . Now, 3 - 4 mornings a week, I wake up before sunrise. 2 days at 7ish, and Sunday...oh boy, really really late. Sunday is the only day I wake up without an alarm and indulge myself. But the rest of the 6 days, its early. I'm blessed with really deep high quality sleep and can tell you that, some mornings, I have to kick myself out of bed.
Old 14th May 2010, 20:05   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Online shopping. Still haven't got over it. Have got this nasty habbit of browsing ebay and amazon and end up buying something. It's really weird.

I have come down from last year but still end up buying stuff which is really unnecessary atleast for the present
Old 14th May 2010, 23:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Nice thread. Although i admit i have several bad habits, some active and some passive. It wouldn't be apt to list all of them here . To start, a bad habit which most urban dwellers would find themselves victims of ...

... addicted to aerated drinks, colas. My consumption went up to an alarming a litre a day or more and i had no control over it. Was at a point that if i was dying of thirst on a desert, i would ask for a cola not water. Managed to come out of it clean, has been more than a month since i touched 'aerated evil'.

How i did it? Whenever i felt the urge to have one, quickly ran to the refrigerator and gulped half a litre of cold water, this temporarily subdued the urge. Went for movies with a bottle of packaged drinking water and a lollipop instead of cola and popcorn. Did this for a couple of weeks and the urge was gone. Would offer the same advice to fellow bhpians who want to quit cola's and cheers if you can !

Thanks for the advice, I'll take your words. I usually drink 300ml of cola after a meal in one shot without keeping the glass down(bottoms up?)
Old 15th May 2010, 00:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Nice thread. Although i admit i have several bad habits, some active and some passive. It wouldn't be apt to list all of them here .
Bad habits include those which can be listed publicly as well as those so called unmentionable ones

For some individuals bad habits can be difficult to break. There is a very interesting movie called "I am a *** addict" (Stating the obvious:Its NOT a family movie). The main character has a bad habit of.....well we can guess. At the end of the movie he manages to reform. What I found very interesting in the movie was one story he tells (with animation) near the end of movie.

In Greek mythology Sirens were seductresses who had lovely singing voices. They used to lure sailors to their rocky shore with hypnotic singing and caused shipwrecks. When Greek Hero Orpheus was passing near the islands sirens started the singing. To protect his crew Orpheus started playing his Lyre and played such a beautiful tune that sailors did not listen to Sirens songs. And they crossed that area safely.

The hero of the movie ends the movie saying that he reformed cause he was now "Listening to a better music".

Finding something which one finds more interesting to do can help in breaking seemingly unbreakable bad habits.

Hope this helps some silent team-bhpian(or anyone for that matter).

Mods feel free to delete the post if found inappropriate.
Old 15th May 2010, 09:01   #28
BANNED

I am addicted to cricket,surfing, kurkure & sleep. Unable to kick any of these out :-(
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

My bad habits.

1) Getting angry.
2) Getting down to blows on road.
3) Not meeting with people. I am never comfortable talking and meeting to people.

Now, 1 and 2 are taken care of. But third is not going.
1 and 2 were kicked out by patience and offering prayers to God.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
That will be difficult for a guy who regularly thanks god for sending him on earth at the time when there is:
1. Internet
2. Google
3. Torrents

(in that order)
Amen to that!!

Mine would be - ....buying loads of car waxes and stuff!!

everyone at my home gets really irritated whenever I get a new wax to try on!(and that happens quite often! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
My bad habits.
3) Not meeting with people. I am never comfortable talking and meeting to people.
Same here!! but I don't consider it as a bad habit!(its kinda in the nature(defensive))

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd June 2010 at 23:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks