Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2005, 19:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Giving land at cheaper rate to investors is nothing new. Each and every government does that (including Communist regime in Kolkata). So, no point harping on that.
Old 21st October 2005, 21:03   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
I guess not so.
Cheap capital is always attractive and provide required torque, traction (wipros and Infys) for these guys... But once that is given, look at the kind of +ive side effect they create. Huge employement... and the effect of that is reflected in each and every part of bangalore. So i guess apart from making themselves rich... they have done enough to the socitey... infact more than what the govmt and socitey can ask for.
Infact that post from which NRN resigned from... he has got nothing to do with it. Its out of his passion or somthing like that he was doing it.

I agree to cheap land for initial expansion, but once they are revving, it is a different matter - maybe tax concessions against how many jobs are created etc. These guys buy and hold large tracts of land

Agreed re: the Chairmanship part
Old 21st October 2005, 21:58   #18
BHPian

There you go... the infy's reply...

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/21infy.htm

...think this is going backfire on Mr.devegowda.
Old 21st October 2005, 22:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:

...think this is going backfire on Mr.devegowda.

Does anything backfire on a seasoned politician ? :-?
Old 24th October 2005, 10:29   #20
BHPian

For those who missed the NRN Hard talk....

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_st...ntent_id=80600

And then... how many of you crossed over that bannergatta road today???? Heard that the whole road has disapeared???
Old 24th October 2005, 10:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For those who missed the NRN Hard talk....

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_st...ntent_id=80600

And then... how many of you crossed over that bannergatta road today???? Heard that the whole road has disapeared???
So have half of our employees - it is 10.45 am and some of them are barely rolling in
Old 24th October 2005, 11:37   #22
BHPian

I was supposed to have a meeting at 8:30 with the bangalore team, and i had to rush to office ... and to my utter dismay, nobody had reached, i sent them messages and i had almost composed an angry mail when i got message from one of my friends that lot of places are underwater. It took 3 hours for a person who started at 7:15 to reach office and there are others who have gone back .. lots of places lakes have breached .. and since i am in hyderabad, i will not be able to tell you the exact damage though some friends have sent me photos from their mobiles ....
Old 24th October 2005, 11:43   #23
BHPian

news articles ...

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...3120051023.asp
http://www.hindu.com/2005/10/24/stor...2412520100.htm
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1272450.cms

bangalore is battered...

There are lots of people who are annoyed today and our bulletin board in office is flooded with people who are getting crazy :-)

Traffic jams make a man lose his mental balance :-)

But i am sure all this deva gowda thing is more of a political gimmick, within no time things will come back to normal as it was before ... politics are drama, just that if you ignore them they will start their drama, so the only way to stop this drama is to keep referring them and putting their name everwhere .. .like bangalore has been developed a lot thanks to NRN..... that would be wrong ... it should be thanks to Deva gowda, thanks to SMK, thanks to all politicians .. and also thanks to NRN ... and others ....

Then you will find politicians keeping mum, after all they want people to sit and notice them, nothing else ...
Old 24th October 2005, 11:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hey the road is OK. In fact pretty well managed by the police to avoid any jams. yeah the rains have taken their toll and there are potholes galore but no area is submerged.
Old 24th October 2005, 12:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
yeah the rains have taken their toll and there are potholes galore but no area is submerged.
Quote:
So have half of our employees - it is 10.45 am and some of them are barely rolling in
This is what one of my team mate has to do to get to office...

Old 24th October 2005, 12:32   #26
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
This is what one of my team mate has to do to get to office...
Hmmmm... pathetic... this is our silicon valley. God save b'lore...
Old 24th October 2005, 13:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Giving land at cheaper rate to investors is nothing new. Each and every government does that (including Communist regime in Kolkata). So, no point harping on that.
They are still tight fisted in some cases .. at Rajarhat, the proposed new face of Kolkata they had reportedly quoted 2.16 crore per acre to some IT companies (Wipro, Satyam I think) .. these biggies promptly backed off .. last heard negotiations are still going on ..
Old 24th October 2005, 13:40   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
Hmmmm... pathetic... this is our silicon valley. God save b'lore...
you mean water valley
Old 24th October 2005, 20:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

What did SM Krishna do, that you compare him to Gowda? I fail to remember potholes on the ring road or Airport Road during his tenure. I remember a cleaner, better-managed Bangalore.

No one seems to mention that idiot Dharam Singh. Fat lazy slob, can't do a damn thing straight. My city has gone to the dogs because of him. Last I heard, the clown is running around Sankey tank doing homs to stop the place from flooding.

Somebody shoot him...
Old 24th October 2005, 21:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Fat lazy slob,
Don’t want to get into personal attack. But I think Fat "P.I.G" is word you were searching for... and add "impotent" for completeness.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks