Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2005, 22:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Can news reporters ever get their stuff right?

Was watching the 1/2 hour programme on Star News on the Hummer being seized titled " Yeh Hummer Hamari Nahi"

Later in the prog they one of th reporters showed the viewers around the DRI parking lot which housed seized cars and said the cars there were worth 25 crores.

Later he takes us around showing us the cars. He points out to a 3 Series Beemer and goes " Yeh hai BMW iski keemat hai 3 crore rupees"

I was like ***. He did the same point to a LandCruiser saying it cost 3 crores

Why do these reporters even talk if they dont know anything about cars?

For the Hummer he said " Chahe aandhi ho toofan ho ya pani, yeh gaadi apko manzil take leke hi jayegi"

When will they learn?
Old 27th October 2005, 22:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

A BMW 3 series and a Toyota LC costs 3 crores! never knew that These reporters will never learn.
Old 27th October 2005, 23:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can news reporters never get their stuff right?
Nope, Never
besides you were watching "Star News"
Old 27th October 2005, 23:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

lol, forgive him/her, thats all we can do 4 now. and its the way news works... making things 100 fold nasty! what will he say pointing at the lamborgini? 30 crore? .

these guys should be given a lesson by their boss. ( hope the boss knw the right price!)
Old 27th October 2005, 23:22   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

haha if u think thats ridiculous check out todays deccan herald...there the HUMMER that belongs to suniel shetty that has been seized has been referred to as "HAMAR CAR"...haha hamar(not hummer)..*** is that..half knowledge !!!! u must be kidding....
Old 27th October 2005, 23:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

There was a line in TIMES of INDIA under a picture saying, " Vilasrao Deshmukh is waiting for his Mitsubishi Lexus ".
Old 27th October 2005, 23:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Was watching the 1/2 hour programme on Star News on the Hummer being seized titled " Yeh Hummer Hamari Nahi"

Later in the prog they one of th reporters showed the viewers around the DRI parking lot which housed seized cars and said the cars there were worth 25 crores.

Later he takes us around showing us the cars. He points out to a 3 Series Beemer and goes " Yeh hai BMW iski keemat hai 3 crore rupees"

I was like ***. He did the same point to a LandCruiser saying it cost 3 crores

Why do these reporters even talk if they dont know anything about cars?

For the Hummer he said " Chahe aandhi ho toofan ho ya pani, yeh gaadi apko manzil take leke hi jayegi"

When will they learn?
Really funny man I really don't wanna get involved with those reporters for a story they can go to any extent and spoil others image!

And about the Hummer thingie..........still can't stop from laughing!
Old 28th October 2005, 00:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

After that Porsche incident, I stopped watching all Indian auto shows. Even if I do stumble on one while channel surfing, I quickly switch to another channel. Anything else will do, even POGO (I hope I got the name right).
Old 28th October 2005, 00:20   #9
BHPian

I thought NDTV were the best of the lot, guess they are going Zee News way nowadays. They even got exclusive drives of latest ferrari's and masserati's in one their Car shows.
Old 28th October 2005, 00:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
I thought NDTV were the best of the lot, guess they are going Zee News way nowadays. They even got exclusive drives of latest ferrari's and masserati's in one their Car shows.
I remember seeing one of those episodes where the reporter was driving the Quattraporte and and the camera is showing that he is doin about 20 MPH and hes saying " it sure handles beautifully even on these narrow and short bends"................ hahaha could not stop laughing at that.
Old 28th October 2005, 01:11   #11
BHPian

Gosh! Star news really sucks....for that matter all Hindi news channels.....they come up with ridiculous titles and claim whatever they can as exclusive news.

They had DC earlier in the day commenting on the siezure. He was asked how many imported cars are in India and which famous celebrity own which car....he sweetly denied knowing any information on both fronts....guess he was not sure which car is legal hence did not want to get in trouble :lol
Old 28th October 2005, 11:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Nope, Never
besides you were watching "Star News"
Perfect....after NDTV stopped producing news for StarNews its been a crap, tabloid type channel.
Old 28th October 2005, 13:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
After that Porsche incident,..................

Hey Aditya can you tell me what Porsche incident you are talking about. Another goof up by those 'professional' auto journos??? I'd like to hear this one!
Old 28th October 2005, 14:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
I remember seeing one of those episodes where the reporter was driving the Quattraporte and and the camera is showing that he is doin about 20 MPH and hes saying " it sure handles beautifully even on these narrow and short bends"................ hahaha could not stop laughing at that.

Hehe that was hilarious i remember a friend telling me about the same. I did watch a few episodes of 'A Very Ferrari Summer'

In one of the episode, one of NDTV's top most reporter, got a chance to drive a F430 right on Ferraris very own Fiorano test track. There this guy, he crosses all limits of being dumb by asking the Ferrari test driver about how to operate the paddle shift sequential gear box. I mean comeon, you are visiting Ferrari for christ sake even if he didnt know how to operate that gear box, wasnt he supposed to do some homework. They were the first Indian Journosto go to Ferrari maan!. After that he goes around the track in Automatic.

Another instance was that the same guy finds an Alfa Romeo better than a F430 just becuase he cant handle that car. That was it..... i ahd to switch off the TV then and that was the alst of NDTV's A Very Ferrari (or should i say Fayraahree) Summer for me.

Last edited by SPEED_DEMON82 : 28th October 2005 at 14:07.
Old 28th October 2005, 14:54   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Hey Aditya can you tell me what Porsche incident you are talking about. Another goof up by those 'professional' auto journos??? I'd like to hear this one!
Read about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...?t=6114&page=2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks