Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 09:43   #1
BHPian

nationwide bandh jul 5th- Which companies are closed

In view of nationwide bandh on Monday a lot of companies are taking precautionary measures. Infy is closed....which other companies are closed any idea???

Last edited by babaops : 4th July 2010 at 09:44.
Old 4th July 2010, 09:49   #2
BHPian

I could say that my company (BNP Paribas Securities Services) are working on Monday.
Old 4th July 2010, 11:57   #3
BHPian

I think the impact of the bandh on public life ( office goers, public transport, taxis/cabs, autorickshaws etc.) will depend on how strong the organisers of the bandh are in the respective cities and towns.

We can take for a fact that the bandh will be near total in Calcutta and perhaps in the larger cities of Kerala. Delhi won't have the same impact.

In Bombay, which is my city, my intuition is that suburban trains and BEST buses will ply but taxis and autorickshaws will stay off, anticipating disturbances and to support the bandh. Here again one might see taxis and autoricks plying, maybe in reduced numbers.

I do not expect the bandh to have great effect in Hyderabad and Madras; the impact in Bangalore might be significant as the ruling party is supporting the bandh.

Expect hardly any impact in Chandigarh/Ludhiana/Gurgaon/Jaipur/Ahmedabad (although the ruling party is supporting it)

Regards
Old 4th July 2010, 12:23   #4
BHPian

5th of July also happens to be my first day in college !! Let see how thing proceed.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:37   #5
BHPian

being a BJP ruled state....karnataka is expected to have a lot of chaos tomorrow....heard that auto / taxi / buses will all be down....
Old 4th July 2010, 12:42   #6
Team-BHP Support

Damn, I didn't realise it is a BJP sponsored bandh. We are planning to work tomorrow since most Bandhs are hardly taken serious in my area. But then it is also a BJP stronghold, that means they might try to enforce it.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Our office cabs are planned to reach early by 7:45 am and will depart only after 6:00 pm in the evening. People who can work from home are asked to do so.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:04   #8
BHPian

All major MNC are closed in Whitefield as confirmed by our Admin. Mostly companies are giving off on Monday and lieu of it making Saturday as a working day.
Old 4th July 2010, 15:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Our office cabs are planned to reach early by 7:45 am and will depart only after 6:00 pm in the evening. People who can work from home are asked to do so.

Yes thats what most 24x7 offices are doing, bring people in before 6:00 am and drop them after 6:00pm as the bandh is only between 6-6, so as not to inconvenience the common public .
Old 4th July 2010, 16:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Most companies are working - I havent heard of any that are closed for this. They have all worked out BCPs to have their employees be transported before the strike starts.
Old 4th July 2010, 16:52   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

The Bandh is illegal and unconstitutional as declared by the Supreme Court of India.

Bunch of political parties that are not even elected have no right or authority to declare a public holiday.

Fuel prices were bound to go up and will go up even further. What will they do if the planet runs out of oil. India, therefore should focus on its birth control policy instead - That will solve India's energy needs.

Last edited by aerohit : 4th July 2010 at 16:57.
Old 4th July 2010, 17:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The Bandh is illegal and unconstitutional as declared by the Supreme Court of India.

Bunch of political parties that are not even elected have no right or authority to declare a public holiday.

Fuel prices were bound to go up and will go up even further. What will they do if the planet runs out of oil. India, therefore should focus on its birth control policy instead - That will solve India's energy needs.
Hah they should try and promote iPill (or ePill). First this Ipill should be given to the economy so that there isnt double digit inflation!
Old 4th July 2010, 17:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

My company has sent advisories to work from home as much as possible. No Saturday working business. So no vehicles plying on the highways as well. Some of my relatives are travelling from Kolhapur to Pune. Wil private bus services be hampered ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 4th July 2010 at 17:42.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Something related to Bandh. I received a message that states

Petrol price in
Pakistan 26
Bangladesh 22
Cuba 19
Nepal 34
Burma 30
Afghanistan 36
Qatar 30
INDIA 54

Basic cost per litre in India Rs. 16.5,
center tax = Rs. 11.8
Excise duty = Rs. 9.75
State tax = Rs. 8
Vat CES = Rs. 4
Total 50.05
Now extra Rs. 3
Great job government.
Pass this message to all, support Bharat Bandh on 5th July.

PS : I am not sure about the data and the numbers, but I am sure that the taxes are very high in India.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Petrol prices in Pakistan are in the region of 70 bucks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks