Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 17:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
all of you get together and just go ahead and seal off their outlet pipe...

get a scrapyard guy to come and pick up the car for free

not sure about dumped garbage - maybe municipality could collect it, not sure if there are fines for dumping garbage
I quite liked these ideas. He will only understand when he faces the same trouble.

Do keep us posted on your actions.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

I remember a passage from the Autobiography of Malcolm X.

How do you show some that the water in his glass is dirty?
By showing him a clean glass of water.

Unfortunately some people are immune to this. The challenge is in trying to come up with a creative method.

Since a lot of people are being inconvenienced, why not get everyone together. Contribute some money. Get the entire street cleaned up.

Create a residents association. Its duties will include hiring a cleaning staff, a watch man and so on.
Even if these idiots do litter the place it will get cleaned up in the weekly or monthly cycle.

Once a year, during Republic day for instance, have a residents get together. Organize games for kids, dinner for everyone and a meeting that highlights the issues faced and good things done.

I have personally seen such a residents association have a positive influence.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:47   #18
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Abusive language is STRICTLY prohibited on our community, even if used indirectly. Our forum enjoys an audience from all walks of life, thus it is imperative to maintain a decent communication protocol. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2010 at 20:07.
anku94 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th July 2010, 18:12   #19
BHPian

Just goto your local municipality office and get a complaint letter received in duplicate. Tell the zonal engineer you will be filing RTIs every week to know the status of your complaint. That will make them take action.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:46   #20
SRK
Senior - BHPian

For the water problem just use some cement and block the pipe line such that it cannot be opened again. Use some cement and fill it up (make sure those guys don't notice it or else it will be another problem). By doing so the water will overflow from their tank tops hence flooding their own premises.
The only option they have is to replace the pipe or else switch off the supply at the right time.

For the garbage thing, get some one to click pics when they throw the garbage. Print some good posters and post it allover.

May be a video of their activities could be filmed and posted on Youtube. hahaha

Think Different!
Old 7th July 2010, 23:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1head View Post
Just goto your local municipality office and get a complaint letter received in duplicate. Tell the zonal engineer you will be filing RTIs every week to know the status of your complaint. That will make them take action.
Hmm. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
For the water problem just use some cement and block the pipe line such that it cannot be opened again.

For the garbage thing, get some one to click pics when they throw the garbage. Print some good posters and post it allover.
This is exactly what I had in mind. Devil minds. lol.

@Mods, I believe, I have got all the info I need. Please close the thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks