Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 21:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Beware of Indiaplaza.in

As most of you might be knowing, there is an online shopping site called IndiaPlaza.

I had received a mail regarding special offer on "FAB Rakhi" an month ago. Decided to order it, since they were giving good discount on it (Rs. 69 as against Rs. 100 MRP).

I placed my order on 17th July, and was given timeline that it would be delivered by 21st July.

One week passed, nothing happens.

In the IndiaPlaza website, there is a Form to be filled for submitting complains. Duly filled the form with order number, even got a confirmation SMS that my query will be resolved in 1 day.

Nothing happens even after one week.

Sent a mail to customer care: info@Indiaplaza.in, no response till today.

Gave another shot, tried to find the customer care number, there is a small tiny link at the bottom of their webpage: Contact Us.

Called 91-80-25208795 , which is not a toll free number.
Some automated answer of a south Indian lady asking me to please hold as the customer care officer is busy on other calls, or SMS "help" to some number so that they can call me back. The recorded IVR kept looping for 15 mins before i gave up.

Fed up, i SMSd help hoping they will call me back.

No response for days.

Today i tried to call them again, waited for 30 mins, no customer care officer picked phone.

What to do ? They don't respond to mails, don't pick up the phones, is this company for real?

Do they actually deliver anything?

Thank god my amount was small, but just want to warn other members who might be thinking of making a big purchase.
Old 10th August 2010, 21:57   #2
BHPian

Exactly what I went thru last year during the same time, for the same occasion! I should have penned my experiences then to avoid one more TeamBHPian suffer at their hands.

All I can say is to continue emailing/calling them till they relent. That's what I did!
Old 10th August 2010, 22:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

I have bought a lot of stuff from indiaplaza over the past 4 years. Had only two issues till date.

Car Vacuum Cleaner. RS 299. The motor burned down. Called them up and they kept giving follow up calls as well. Finally they picked up the burnt piece and replaced it with another vacuum cleaner worth Rs 399. Total time taken to resolve was around a month. No extra money from my side.

Mangoes. Placed an order and delivery was promised in 10 days. 15 days and nothing happens. So logged a complaint using the same form. Was then informed that deliveries will start after some date. They had not mentioned this anywhere on the site and hence got a nasty email from me. The delivery was done on the promised date after taking into account their deliveries start from date.
My mom liked the mangoes. So ended up ordering more.
Old 10th August 2010, 23:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whois the domain, find the owner, report him to his host alleging fraud and whoever you wish to in the government depending on how serious you are. Might need to file an FIR at the police station regarding this.

NVM, did it myself.

Domain ID: D2288145-AFIN
Domain Name:INDIAPLAZA.IN
Created On:04-Sep-2006 12:16:56 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Nov-2006 19:20:03 UTC
Expiration Date:04-Sep-2011 12:16:56 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Net4India (R7-AFIN)
Registrant ID:N4IR-204784
Registrant Name:Vaitheeswaran
Registrant Organization:Mercado Online Pvt. Ltd
Registrant Street1:xxxxxxx
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Bangalore
Registrant State/Province:KA
Registrant Postal Code:560008
Registrant Country:IN
Registrant Phone:+91.xxxxxx
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:vaithee@fabmall.com
Admin ID:N4IR-204784
Admin Name:Vaitheeswaran
Admin Organization:Mercado Online Pvt. Ltd
Admin Street1:xxxxxx
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Bangalore
Admin State/Province:KA
Admin Postal Code:560008
Admin Country:IN
Admin Phone:+91.xxxxxx
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:vaithee@fabmall.com
Tech ID:N4IR-204784
Tech Name:Vaitheeswaran
Tech Organization:Mercado Online Pvt. Ltd
Tech Street1xxxxx
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Bangalore
Tech State/Province:KA
Tech Postal Code:560008
Tech Country:IN
Tech Phone:+91.xxxxxxxxxx
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:vaithee@fabmall.com
Name Server:NS1.RILINFO.NET
Name Server:NS2.RILINFO.NET

Removed the sensitive info even though it's public. Go ahead and do it yourself.
http://www.registry.in/whois_search/

Last edited by pranavt : 10th August 2010 at 23:16.
Old 10th August 2010, 23:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have been a regular customer (Gold Membership) of Indiaplaza and have never faced any problems till date.
BTW, all my orders have been books and books alone nothing else!
Old 11th August 2010, 01:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Have bought quite a few books over the last couple of years. And a few small gadgets as well. Never any issue. Smooth and quick delivery with good packaging.
Old 11th August 2010, 08:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ok, may be its like, they're unable to handle your request properly & the number looks like from Bangalore. May be one of our fellow TBhpian from Bangalore could help.

@Pranavt - That's a good source of info. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11th August 2010, 09:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

i had bought few things in this website. its ok kind. Electronics things looked like very old stock or refurbished
Old 11th August 2010, 11:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

I've been a regular customer of Indiaplaza - bought books and pens from them for over 1.5 years.

Never had any problem - except once when they charged me for a hardcover book and sent a pocket edition instead.

The usual rigmarole of emails and phone calls happened, post which they refunded the amount.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:53   #10
BHPian

I have bought books from Indiaplaza. One thing i noticed is that customer service is available only from 9 AM to 5 PM with a lunch break between. So try to call them up around 9 AM.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have been with India plaza (earlier Fabmall) right from the inception. In the initial years they were very good, got all things delivered overnight on order. In Bangalore they also had the option of delivering groceries shopped online, and that was helping us quite a lot.

But since last two years i have been using them for buying books alone. Had ordered around 10 orders, of which 8 went into problems. They could not deliver. No information passed, used their ticket system to raise complaints. Nothing resolved as expected.

Since I was in Bangalore called them, and spoke to them and about three weeks of convincing for each of these 8 orders, I finally decide to quit.

Now I buy books from Flipkart.

I hate them like anything these days.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:17   #12
BHPian

I was once a Platinum member of Indiaplaza (It used to be fabmall then). Bought quite few thing including a camera and an iPod apart from loads of books. Their service used to be excellent then.

Now I use Flipcart for books and ebay for everything else .
Old 11th August 2010, 15:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Can you believe it, just yesterday morning I placed an order for a book on indiaplaza.in !
I had the option of buying from Flipkart, but indiaplaza offered 34% discount while Flipkart offered only 10%.
So far received SMS from them confirming the order. Let me see how it goes.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Whatever difficulties they have, they should attend the calls or reply emails so that one can be rest assured about their service.
@DCEite has been trying all the ways to contact them but no success -this is the problem with some online shopping people ??
Old 11th August 2010, 17:50   #15
BHPian

I bought in a couple of occasions and had an issue only once. After several days of quietness, I call, and they promise to get back to me. After 3/4 days I call again (they didn't call me back), and they say it is out of stock. I asked for refund. They agreed. After another round of follow up in email, finally got the credit card reversal ~2 months later.

That too with the threat that I'll land up in their office. BTW if it helps, at least a year ago, their corporate office was just behind Indiranagar Club. From 12th Main take a turn towards the Club, and take right along the club's wall. It should be on left side; 2/3 buildings after the club.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks