Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 14:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@Anil, to multiquote like aargee all you have to do is to copy and paste the "[quote no. xxxxxxxxxxxx]" at the beginning and "[ quote]" at the end of the selected sentence !
Murli, I think Anil knew how to do a multi quote, just that he didn't want to multiquote or reply to this thread for which he felt I replied too much; see his words...
Quote:
Really I wonder if it is really worth for me to reply anything at all on this and you compiled so long a post with so many (hopefully not) manually compiled multiquotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
@ Argee About my resply - Yes I did intend to be offensive but I dont think he has the right to be offended after the kind of email he writes. He got what he gave so he shouldnt complain.
My friend, its actually the other way so pls don't get offended Had you been polite, he would've replied polite too. Sorry to go a little OT here that, all of us want to follow US culture on long drives, McD, Levis Strauss, iPod, Dell, Harley & Mustang, but all of us forget, how polite (atleast from their lips) people in US are. How they greet everyone on the streets, how they open the door for others. How much patience they've when on queue.

Quote:
I still feel it is confidential data....frustrating , it is.
Buddy, what's confidential data? If you think they're being exploited, pls remove all your info from the said portal. You can do that right? Personally to me, most of the web-sites (including TBhp) asks for DOB which is acceptable. However, if they ask for my resume, then I would call it as what you say. But a job portal website CANNOT work unless people share their resume isn't it? And resumes DO HAVE contact details & DOB for ages isn't it?
Old 29th November 2010, 14:25   #17
MX6
Senior - BHPian

His mail.
Quote:
Pls decide/think 10times that you need to relocate to china and then send your profiles.Otherwise,if you have any doubt in Mind,pls do not waste your time as well as our time :-(
Quote:
It was okay till he sent a mail with a requirement but I really felt pissed off to hear that he requests not to waste his time.
Rasta.
Let's look at it this way. He has said PLS followed by putting Don't waste your time ahead as his time.
Doesn't he urge you emphatically not to waste your time over this with doubts?

And why do you feel pissed off to hear that "He requests"?

Everyone has the right to request anything.

Especially when he has clearly requested and given precedence and importance to your time over his, I feel this is not offensive. It was rather childish on his part to have business communication this way.

But honestly I feel that kid didn't do it to offend. Had he improved his business communication, he can lead the onsite sales team in my company, instead of sitting and typing such mails.

Guess, it's an important lesson to set aside emotions and decode the mail.

But his second mail clearly shows that he's rankled by your response and took it as an offence and came back with a Chuck Norris kind of reply!

Ideally you should have ignored the first mail that try teach him communication skills.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
But a job portal website CANNOT work unless people share their resume isn't it? And resumes DO HAVE contact details & DOB for ages isn't it?
I agree that a site would require certain confidential data but if it is going to share it then I think it needs to have norms. The current situation is like the data is available too openly without much of a confidentiality. This is another debate in itself. I just wanted to highlight how this data gets into anybody's hands and he starts sending you mails without trying to see if i fit into his criteria or not.

By specifying that he wants Male candidates only I am sure he sent it to a list which he was not sure if they were males or females. Shows he just used a dump and sent it to people.

It was passing a pamphlet under my door and ringing my bell and saying please don't waste my time if you don't want the product. yeah the use of words did ring my bells. I just dont like being rubbed the wrong way by people !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

Ideally you should have ignored the first mail that try teach him communication skills.
The kid needs to learn from experiences- If no one told him that this is not the way to write emails then how will he learn?
Old 29th November 2010, 20:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
+100000000000...;@Rasta, somehow I strongly agree with MX6 here; see, ideally you shouldn't be teaching someone, besides, that's not your job right?

Quote:
I agree that a site...without much of a confidentiality.
Ok, bet you beer to dollar, tell me the site, I'll login or create a fake login site & if I'm able to access your info, I agree with your statement on confidentiality, otherwise...???

Quote:
By specifying that he wants Male candidates...a dump and sent it to people.
Buddy, you've hated him so much that you're mind is working otherway now!!! Remember Mrs Sudha Narayanamurthy? Once she fought against Tata for such posting a vaccancy for "only male" candidates. That job involved in working on factory floorshop among 1000s of men. Point - Recruiters have right to choose what they're looking, they simply cannot recruit wrong candidates to stand in a line of fire later.

Quote:
If no one told him that this is not the way to write emails then how will he learn?
C'mon @Rasta, is your time so much under valued that you go on teaching people. Forget it @Rasta, simply move on. May be he's right or wrong, your time isn't that worthless to spend on them.

I'm talking no more on this either, no offense
Old 29th November 2010, 20:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, you've hated him so much that you're mind is working otherway now!!! Remember Mrs Sudha Narayanamurthy? Once she fought against Tata for such posting a vaccancy for "only male" candidates. That job involved in working on factory floorshop among 1000s of men. Point - Recruiters have right to choose what they're looking, they simply cannot recruit wrong candidates to stand in a line of fire later.
Hey I think we discussing different things here. I am not arguing if recruiters have a choice of choosing the right candidate. I was saying it was a dump of people which the mail sender did not even know if it were all males or a mix of male + female etc else he would not have to specify that only males to respond.

Quote:
C'mon @Rasta, is your time so much under valued that you go on teaching people. Forget it @Rasta, simply move on. May be he's right or wrong, your time isn't that worthless to spend on them.

I'm talking no more on this either, no offense
Yeah no offense, I am still wondering why you defending the inappropriate communication sent by him.

I guess we differ on the way we react if we get such an email. You might ignore it while I might not
I usually ignore most of the mails but this really caught my attention and pissed me off.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos : 29th November 2010 at 20:49.
Old 29th November 2010, 23:37   #21
BHPian

Let me tell you some of my exp with Chinese guys.
Presently I am working with a Telcom implementation project, in which I need to regularly communicate to Huawei (Chinese) people. The Exp is like...

1. Over all they are polite individually.
2. Due to the poor English knowledge most of the time the email will be incomplete/rude.
3. A bit of manner less ...
Old 30th November 2010, 13:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Let me tell you some of my exp with Chinese guys.
Presently I am working with a Telcom implementation project, in which I need to regularly communicate to Huawei (Chinese) people. The Exp is like...

1. Over all they are polite individually.
2. Due to the poor English knowledge most of the time the email will be incomplete/rude.
3. A bit of manner less ...

The consultant was an Indian for sure !
Old 30th November 2010, 13:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

@rasta bhai,
You were lucky the consultant was an Indian. You haven't dealt with a UK consultant I guess.

The last time I was in UK for a short term assignment, this consultant guy pops up at my project office for a small tete-a-tete. Presumably he had my old resume from some job portal. The way he asked me some silly questions as if he was doing a favour really put me off. I had to tell him that I was uninterested.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support:

This topic is not appropriate for the forum and will only encourage flared discussions, experiences and references. Therefore, locking this thread. Thanks for your cooperation !!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks