Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2005, 23:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]The Pratham guy is talking crap. The wattage of the bulbs is the only issue here, and the fact that only Maruti authorised guys can touch your electricals. Always buy your system outside but get it installed from the MGA/service guys. They will charge about 1k.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]About the alloys, tell him you will cancel the booking and take a refund, and buy the Baleno elsewhere. Watch him come back into line. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Pratham is a little shady anyway. They refused to put the value of the fog lamps and discount on the final invoice, and acted weird when we asked why. So we bought the Baleno from Sagar, no surprise![/SIZE]
Old 28th December 2005, 00:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dude.. its just a was to sell the aura rims.. i have an esteem with over sized mags and also run 130/100 super white halogens.. i dont think they have any problems with that.. talk to them man.. its your car.. you can put in what ever you like.. warranty will be void only if you do some engine mods.. not for rims and headlights and horn and all that stuff..
Old 28th December 2005, 11:13   #18
BHPian

Having bought a baleno from pratham recently, I am surprised at the warranty issues being touted by them now.

When I got my baleno, they were in ready for getting the headlights upgraded to 90/100 offcourse with the cutouts and the relays..etc.
But there was no talk of the warranty getting void if I go in for after market alloys. I never asked for this explicitly though. But there wasnt any indication of warranty getting void ...

At pratham there are two ways of getting the accessories. IF you go to their main branch on the ring road, you deal with their inhouse accessory shop. Here i was advised not to go for an upgrade in the headlight. Suggested that you use it for a few days, if you are not happy we can upgrade it. It was reasonable hence I agreed. Though still continue to rely on the stock fitments.
However, if you happen to visit their branch office at St Johns road, there is another accesory dealer there within the same compound... [ Overdrive -contact person Manish ]. He has alloys other than Aura and there are no issues with their fitment. I think Overdrive is some kinda accessory outlet of Sagar or Solar automobiles. Since I took delivery of my car from St Johns Road branch, I interacted with Overdrive for the accessories. etc.

Hope this helps

-Haque
Old 28th December 2005, 13:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, i have seen melted connectors on cars with 90/100 too....
U need to replace the OE plastic connectors with bakelite(after market) ones. These can technically take the heat till 130/100W.
Old 28th December 2005, 15:23   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
U need to replace the OE plastic connectors with bakelite(after market) ones. These can technically take the heat till 130/100W.
But then there is also the possibility of the plastic reflector and headlight clear cover getting hazy etc.

Bottom line is that there is no real need for anything more than 90/100. Getting your headlights aligned well, and buying good quality bulbs more than pays off.

cya
R
Old 28th December 2005, 22:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque
Having bought a baleno from pratham recently, I am surprised at the warranty issues being touted by them now.

When I got my baleno, they were in ready for getting the headlights upgraded to 90/100 offcourse with the cutouts and the relays..etc.
But there was no talk of the warranty getting void if I go in for after market alloys. I never asked for this explicitly though. But there wasnt any indication of warranty getting void ...

At pratham there are two ways of getting the accessories. IF you go to their main branch on the ring road, you deal with their inhouse accessory shop. Here i was advised not to go for an upgrade in the headlight. Suggested that you use it for a few days, if you are not happy we can upgrade it. It was reasonable hence I agreed. Though still continue to rely on the stock fitments.
However, if you happen to visit their branch office at St Johns road, there is another accesory dealer there within the same compound... [ Overdrive -contact person Manish ]. He has alloys other than Aura and there are no issues with their fitment. I think Overdrive is some kinda accessory outlet of Sagar or Solar automobiles. Since I took delivery of my car from St Johns Road branch, I interacted with Overdrive for the accessories. etc.

Hope this helps

-Haque
Bloody hell that helped a lot. Thanks Haque. You are spot on; The St.Johns Road branch and the outer ring road branches speak different tunes. I realise that and will do as per your suggestions.

Thanks once again to you and the rest at T-BHP.
Old 29th December 2005, 02:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]I had to change the reflectors in my fiat Uno after a few years of 90/100 lamps...so as of now I am sticking to the 55/60 in the baleno[/SIZE]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks