Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2005, 01:23   #16
Max
BHPian

damn these terrorists. They are only creating more hate for their religion and cause by killing innocent civilians.
Old 29th December 2005, 03:12   #17
BHPian

sad news for a hindustani living abroad ... and these so called terrorist or politicians are getting away with it .. ridiculous ...
Old 29th December 2005, 03:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

If this is a terrorist attack then it is time the government of India got off its backside and took some advice from the Isrealis.

It is time the camps of these groups were attacked. OK you still get suicide bombings in Isreal but at least they are not afraid to attack those committing the attacks. The people of India have suffered enough, time to gave these ba$tards a taste of their own medicine.
Old 29th December 2005, 07:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its so awful. How did they get past security? How could they just come in in a car with guns and start a shootout like that? This aint the era of Al Capone, surely there should be more protecttion than this.......
Old 29th December 2005, 10:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

There was a talk about some software companies being the target. I guess the terrorists lead people to believe that so that they can target some soft targets like IISc. It is really sad that people go to this extent.
Old 29th December 2005, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Its so awful. How did they get past security? How could they just come in in a car with guns and start a shootout like that? This aint the era of Al Capone, surely there should be more protecttion than this.......
What security? I have been to IISc on a few ocassions, though long back. They just have a security guard posted at some entrances, that's it. Basically, nobody in their wildest dreams thought that IISc will be attacked.
Old 29th December 2005, 11:05   #22
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
How did they get past security?. ..
Islero, there is no security per say (you just have guards)... especially so around the Tata Auditorium. It has access from both sides of the campus, which makes it fairly simple to enter/escape.

Abu Salem could be a possibility, but look what the officials are doing. The first thing which say after any such attack is that the intelligence agencies had warned them of a probable terrorist attack. (Didn't they say that after the Delhi blasts too). So why wasn't an action taken. I don't mean to say they should have guessed its going to be the IISc, but i for sure didn't see any increased security or scrutiny around the city.

The second thing they say is, it could be the LeT. In just about an hour and half after the incident, they have their suspects ready. May be its them and i hate them, but does anyone have a clue on what basis are they trying to fix the blame.

Last edited by Joz : 29th December 2005 at 11:07.
Old 29th December 2005, 11:07   #23
BHPian

I was tracking the news yesterday till late night. This is really sad, and for Bangaloreans it is something never heard of. Looking at security in Bangalore, anyone can carry such inhuman act anywhere, anytime. I guess, there is no way to give 100% security to citizens of any city.

For our part, hence forth, we need to be more alert and avoid crowded places as much as possible. Though, it is very difficult to foresee and plan this way.

Selective
Old 29th December 2005, 11:29   #24
BHPian

I think this kind of inhuman acts are likely to happen in every city and Bangalore in no way more susceptible to such acts. The attackers picked up a soft target. But identifying such targets, planning in advance and providing necessary security cover is nearly impossible for our grossly understaffed and underequipped police force. All they can do is take some post facto measures. Hence, blaming the officials would be futile.

This is really sad and most unfortunate and all we can do is hope we are not fall prey to such incidents.
Old 29th December 2005, 12:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just no point blaming local police for it, when it is gross intelligence angency failure. Why IISc? It's the soft target. But I am somehow not convinced that this is a terrorist act. Why would they aim and kill only 1 scientist if spreading terror was the sole reason behind this attack?
Old 29th December 2005, 12:18   #26
BHPian

Looks like Bangalore is the new Hot Spot for Terrorist Attacks, the Police reckon that the Lashkar has its hand in the Attack. What are they achieving out of this? One Prof. Puri has been killed and 3 other Professors have been reprted with bullet injuries.
The newspaper said that the Professor who died was from IIT Delhi and was supposed to be a Math Wiz. He was supposed to return to Delhi 2 days back but postponed his return as he wanted to attend a seminar. All those who were have been admitted to M.S.Ramaiah Hospital and are out of danger.
Old 29th December 2005, 12:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Intelligence Failure

Its too much to hear of this in Bangalore.......... Where are our intellegence guys?

Given that its difficult to fight terrorist and not possible to guard every place.... the least a taxpayer expects is for our intelligence agencies to keep their eyes, ears and networks open to know possible attacks. This gives a better probablity of safeguards. This is clearly an intelligence failure.

--Ramky

=============
Old 29th December 2005, 12:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Intellegance Failure

Just heard that a terrorist group has claimed repsonsibility......... anybody heard that too?

Last edited by ramkya1 : 29th December 2005 at 12:47. Reason: REPEAT POSTS
Old 29th December 2005, 13:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Ak47 which i head they used is a big gun about a meter long ,not comething that can be hidden easily
how can they ever pass the security and other things with such a big thing
i belive there was no security there...is it

Last edited by amit1101 : 29th December 2005 at 13:28.
Old 29th December 2005, 13:34   #30
Team-BHP Support

now its AK 57 and police says white amby is still not confirmed

who has done it? No evidence yet, Bangalore police.

News update at 1330 hrs. Life goes on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks