Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: I wish someone makes it for my car! Let the Edison in you wake up.

One idea I have regarding the honking is, it should cost money when you use it. It could be recharged like mobile currency. Owner would be very judicious about when to use it. Of course there would be people who dont use it even when he/she has to, since it costs money
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:26   #17
BHPian

1. Elephant Trunk Bonnet- It would look like a crane fitted on the bonnet. I would be able to lift the cars and put it on the side of road if he is jamming my way.

2. Pichkaari (big atomizer)- It should be able to sense the person coming from opposite in my lane and spary water onto them. If it is a car then it should be able to tilt and spray it from their window, if the window is down then it should spray mud on the windshield, if bikers then anywhere and anything is fine. Certainly before doing that it should also be able to sense the traffic in front of me so that I can run away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
One idea I have regarding the honking is, it should cost money when you use it. It could be recharged like mobile currency. Owner would be very judicious about when to use it. Of course there would be people who dont use it even when he/she has to, since it costs money
Or they can regularize the horn manufacturing. Standard should be the horn will spray money when honked. Higher the volume, more the money coming out.
The owner may have to refill the horn tank on a regular basis if he is hypertensive.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd March 2011 at 14:49. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 20 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

One more to my wishlist.

Sensors on roads that detect high beam and disable the same using complex nano technology and (Like in the Michael Chriton book Prey) slap the driver forming a hand out of Nano Particles
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:23   #19
BHPian

I would like to have a robotic equiptment that will push out those tvs50 chaps who wait to cross speeding cars in the highways, fitted to my car.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay;2264639 [B
3.Emoticon[/b] I remember one of our fellow BHPians telling this. To have a 'Thank You', 'Sorry' indicator to convey to the fellow drivers.
IIRC, the emoticon flashing device is available online. It has a preset list of emoticons that you can flash on a screen positioned in the rear windshield.

I would like to have a device that detects the hand signals by auto drivers - they barely get their hand out of the rickshaw
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

This thread is rocking. With few hours into second page.! After a few weeks, I am going to consolidate all the gadgets and send to BMW and VW officially!
@Guna, What an idea Sirjee! Saludos.
@Speed-Pujari, I like and wish and want and need that PichKaari.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 3rd March 2011 at 15:40.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:46   #22
BHPian

On a more practical driver oriented perspective, I wish manufactures provided an option for customers to choose each feature of the car to be included. Why should I purchase the top-most trim just to get ABS/Airbags. Maybe I would not want power ORVMs/seats/leather but more safet features. Charge a little premium for this benefit but give this option.

Maybe a couple of USB style power ports - Most cells can charge via USB and this would be a big boon avoiding bulky Ciglighter adaptors. While on this how about an integrated 12V-110V convertor? Costs what, about 2K for 350 W? Make it a factory fitted accessory tucked away neatly inside the dash somewhere.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Below are the ideas I liked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
1. The hornilencer:
This gadget fitted in my car would immobilize and cut of the power supply to horns of all vehicles in 20 meter radius around me. When I move away more than 20 meters, their car horns come back to life. Shall exempt ambulances, fire trucks and other emergency vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
1) THE IRIS FINDER: If the car behind you is on high beams, the iris finder would search for the driver's iris and give a shot of flashing laser beams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
3) Auto car washing including polishing and interior cleaning( is this too much to ask)
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
On a more practical driver oriented perspective, I wish manufactures provided an option for customers to choose each feature of the car to be included. Why should I purchase the top-most trim just to get ABS/Airbags. Maybe I would not want power ORVMs/seats/leather but more safet features. Charge a little premium for this benefit but give this option.

Maybe a couple of USB style power ports - Most cells can charge via USB and this would be a big boon avoiding bulky Ciglighter adaptors. While on this how about an integrated 12V-110V convertor? Costs what, about 2K for 350 W? Make it a factory fitted accessory tucked away neatly inside the dash somewhere.
This is in vogue for sometime with Mitsubishi US and probably with other makers as well.
See this link to 'build' your own car!
Build & Price Your New Mitsubishi Car or Crossover | Mitsubishi Motors
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

All these gadgets are useless.

The only gadget you need in your car is a red beacon with siren on top of your white car and a minister plate in front of the car.
Just see how the traffic makes way for you. No mortal souls will dare to block you or cut you off.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

VTS - Virtual Tire Screecher

VTS - Virtual Tire Screecher

A device that makes a heavy braking (screeching) sound when one steering mount button is pressed. Will be handy when those vehicles in front of you drives too slow and won't let you pass, especially through a straight road where they can go at a much higher speed safely.

Options should allow the user to select the type of road, tone, volume and whether or not to include a pre-recorded swearing in your own voice at the end.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd March 2011 at 16:39.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:41   #27
BANNED

A hidden nozzle that puffs pepper spray at the road-rage gorilla pounding at your door at the click of a switch, while automatically powering up your windows.
A toy walkie-talkie that squawks and plays pre-recorded police control room conversations with some static intermixed. Useful at the beginning of an argument or when that rickshaw-wallah wont budge from your path.

Last edited by Ragul : 3rd March 2011 at 16:44.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:52   #28
BHPian

Ladies and Gentlemen! Allow me to present "Armie"!

Armie is a robotic, programmeable and remote controlled arm with five digits which can be installed on the roof of your car. Usually Armie rests on the roof of your car, barely visible until the driver activates it via a playstation controller installed in the center of your steering wheel. Armie can extend and reach out in any direction as it has one wrist, two elbows five digits and the base can rotate 360 degrees. Salient Features:

1. Dispense change to beggars, eunuchs urchins, and traffic cops without breaching the air conditioned, perfumed and music filled cocoon which is your car cabin.

2. Has five fingers and will serve as a u-turn indicator by spinning the index finger in a clockwise motion on the driver side of the car.

3. Purchase cigarettes, coffee, chips etc without getting out of your car.

4. Pre-programmed to wave in a friendly fashion at the press of a button whenever another car with a T-Bhp sticker is spotted.

5Other pre-programmed gestures include a thumbs up for considerate drivers and a middle finger salute for idiots who annoy you.

6. Now get into fights on the road and throw punches at anyone who dares to cross your path without leaving the comfort of your bucket seats. Armie comes pre-installed with several fighter profiles. Choose from Rocky Balboa, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rajanikant and many more!

7. Running late for work guys? Just roll down the window and let Armie brush your teeth, give you a shave, trim nose hair, gel and style your hair, put on your shirt and tie for you while you drive. Ladies Armie can pop your zits, remove blackheads, apply make up, blow-dry, straighten or frizz your hair with a mild electric current while you drive.

8. Have an irritable toddler in yoru car? Let Armie entertain your kid with finger puppetry. (Finger puppets sold separately)

9. Comes with a pre-programmed wash, vaccum, shampoo, polishing and buffing modes. Armie will wash and detail your car while it's parked. retain your car's just out of the showroom look.

It can be programed to do almost anything. Suggestions welcome!(Enough fooling around, I gotta get back to work)
Attached Images

Old 3rd March 2011, 17:10   #29
BHPian

1. A padded robotic arm on front right of my bumper - when i want to overtake someone from right and they do not give way, this robotic arm goes to the right of the vehicle and gently pushes it to the left (might work only for 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers)
2. An electronic device that turns on the indicator automatically when the steering is turned beyond a certain degrees angle.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Automatic Exhaust Note Enhancer

i love loud exhaust notes - so oneday an ex-DBHPian suggested fitting a mini mic at the tail pipe end of my FFE-d car and connect it to the High-end amplifier / boom box in the car. Heavenly.

Will definitely think about it in future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks