Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 11:05   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: How Lucky are you ?

Interesting replies!

I have won something just once; the other times I have got freebies were when there were "assured gifts" so I doubt that counts.

Anyway, just a few months before my 12th, college was off so there was quite some free time and I tuned in to Radio Mirchi quite a lot. They have these contests going on about guessing the singer/film/actor etc. etc. I dialed in during some contest, answered correctly and was asked to collect the prize.

What I got was - a nice ZOD shirt and lotsa toiletries. I was so embarrassed about the toiletries, I distributed them among the watchman and the maid!

Nothing after that. Although I keep getting calls from some people saying I should turn up at a mall to collect gifts for the shopping I've done. But the rider is - should come as a couple. Now that ain't happening. So dry spell continues!
Old 14th March 2011, 12:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

well, me and my wife have won quite a few things from hit95fm:
1.Free return tickets(domestic)
2.5-6 meal vouchers.
3.S oliver cash discounts
4.gatorade gym pack
5.Free screenings, 3-4, of movies a day prior to release at mahadeo roads films division audi
5. Best for me, a mercedes SLS kit, with a poster(about 4' across),dvds, and a merc polo in white.
6.One time, wife had entered the sg GP contest, but that turned out to be a "mistake" on their part.They rectified it within 4 hours, confirming that we hadnt won it, but by then it was too late, everyone i knew, was told about it...:(

but hey, only won on this station, rest of the places, luck aint so good.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:39   #18
BHPian

I generally stay away from such lotteries. Whether I win or not, my number and interests gets exposed to tele-marketing people, and you know they will never respect DND list. So finally even if I won something, the disturbance will not be worth it. I have written detail about the scam long ago: The space age lottery @ Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching

But as far as winning is concerned, once we won ``free shopping'' from Big Bazaar. Call me skeptic but I smelled a conspiracy in that scheme too: modulo 50 customer @ Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching
Old 14th March 2011, 16:25   #19
BHPian

I just saw, that My $400 phone, Dell Streak has managed to damage the LCD!

I mean, I see people bang their pens, sketchpens, and what nots on the Streak Glass, and are unable to scratch it even!! (source: youtube)

and, inspite of being ultra careful, I manage to kill the phone!

How lucky is that?

care,

Ace.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
well, me and my wife have won quite a few things from hit95fm:
1.Free return tickets(domestic)
2.5-6 meal vouchers.
3.S oliver cash discounts
4.gatorade gym pack
5.Free screenings, 3-4, of movies a day prior to release at mahadeo roads films division audi
5. Best for me, a mercedes SLS kit, with a poster(about 4' across),dvds, and a merc polo in white.
6.One time, wife had entered the sg GP contest, but that turned out to be a "mistake" on their part.They rectified it within 4 hours, confirming that we hadnt won it, but by then it was too late, everyone i knew, was told about it...:(

but hey, only won on this station, rest of the places, luck aint so good.
Looks like you listen to a lot of Hit Mornings with Saarthak. Must have heard you sometime or the other as I am a big fan too.

My dad once won a 14"Color TV from CitiBank for some slogan he had sent. We got it exchanged for a DVD player though.
Other than that and some frisbees they give with Milo, nothing in my life.
Though our next door neighbors won an M800 at the Auto Expo long back in some lucky draw in which we both had filled the coupons together. Have'nt filled another lucky draw coupon after that in my life.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

1. 2D3N Holiday package from Country Club and some useless dinner set
2. 2 non-transferrable PVR Movie tickets which I sold in the Theater for 360 Rupees
3. 1,00,000 (1 Lakh) Rupees on Radio City...I had sent only an SMS to win this
4. 10,000 Rupees on Radio Mirchi...I missed answering one question out of 5 questions and lost one '0'...or else would have won another 1 Lakh.
5. Latest is a GPS system from FIAT for refering Which i sold for 8,000 Rs (If this qualifies)
6. Last but not the least...Got the TBHP membership in the 1st attempt

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 14th March 2011 at 16:59.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:45   #22
BHPian

Won a 42" Panasonic Plasma in a lucky draw from Toyota when I purchased a Corolla in 2008.(got a lac off too,as altis was coming in 4-5 months).From then on I started participating in contest's else I would just throw away the coupons.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Looks like you listen to a lot of Hit Mornings with Saarthak. Must have heard you sometime or the other as I am a big fan too.

My dad once won a 14"Color TV from CitiBank for some slogan he had sent. We got it exchanged for a DVD player though.
Other than that and some frisbees they give with Milo, nothing in my life.
Though our next door neighbors won an M800 at the Auto Expo long back in some lucky draw in which we both had filled the coupons together. Have'nt filled another lucky draw coupon after that in my life.

might have....last time, i was on reverse nsnb, when i asked him the name of any of the drivers who went off the track into the harbour at monaco during the race....

ps: @inder and hemanth :WOW!!!!
Old 14th March 2011, 21:10   #24
BHPian

i have won 5 Grams of gold when i bought a Airtel Sim for my GF in 2006.I had to give it to her as she said it was because of her i have won it.Well nevertheless it came back to me as i ended up marrying her ;-)
Old 14th March 2011, 23:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well i wasn't really lucky with luck but my sis won a Ford Ikon in a contest related to Airtel i thing several years ago.Only what happened was they were to pay aorund 1 lac or so for registration,taxes etc which there were not able to do , so they forefeit the car and chose instead to get a lump sum amount which was around 2 lacs or so.
Old 14th March 2011, 23:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well, i won a girlfriend (my wife now) during a portrait competition. That was the first time i was "officially visible" after joining the college, she liked the portrait i sketched and that got us into a conversation and rest all was history. Well post that i won nothing and now i have a deep influence of shani maharaj on my stars .

Pramod
Old 15th March 2011, 02:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well, here I see this thread. Yesterday was the one of those evening when I got lucky for the first time. I was visiting HMV store (Vancouver) to have a look into their audio CD collection. The counter lady asked me if I was interested in a survey about music listening habits. Since it was Sunday and I had nothing important to do (moreover, the survey girl was kinda cute ) I thought to give it a try. The survey lasted for 12-13 minutes and afterwards, I was allowed to enter in a contest!

BINGO... I won a Bose Sound Dock II iPod dock station!

Brought the thing home and tried it with my iPod. I already own Bose on ear headphones, so I knew what should I expect in term of sound quality. It is an awesome sounding unit able to fill up my living room with crisp, pleasant and crystal clear music. At the end of the, I am a happy man...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks