Team-BHP - Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/98478-forget-michelin-pirelli-talk-nike-reebok-shoes-here-your-treads-thread-25.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3973828)
Bought these Nike FS Lite Run 3 for Rs 6,845 from Planet Sports.

I was very tempted to pick these up myself, but was not sure about the durability of the mesh. Please do update in case, God forbids, the mesh tears off.

I am a sucker for Adidas Originals Gazelle og. Have bought them in Black, Indigo, Collegiate Green and Light Blue. Plan to get them in Air Force Blue and Red sometime later.
Attachment 1531304

Fabulous PUMA Waterproof nubbly golf shoes - all leather. Nice price on Myntra.
Lovely Tan Desert Boots from Ruosh via Myntra - nice price!
Excellent Li Ning Badminton "Court" shoes on Flipkart - Nice price too.
And super Puma and Reebok standard daily running shoes at really nice prices on Amazon.

This month was a shoe jamboree for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4018824)
Need a help!
Planning to buy a formal shoe this week, black colour - lace type, which is good brand/model around 2-2.5K? How good is Hush Puppies brand?

I find Hush Puppies to be amongst the most comfortable and long lasting shoes. Looks wise, they are OK, nothing too fancy. I have run through several pairs of hush puppies formal shoes, semi-formals as well as floaters and never been disappointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverse_gear (Post 4018993)
I find Hush Puppies to be amongst the most comfortable and long lasting shoes. Looks wise, they are OK, nothing too fancy. I have run through several pairs of hush puppies formal shoes, semi-formals as well as floaters and never been disappointed.

+1 to Hush Puppies and I would like to suggest Clarks for similar reasons. A budget brand which I also like is Lee Cooper - very durable for the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4018868)
I was very tempted to pick these up myself, but was not sure about the durability of the mesh. Please do update in case, God forbids, the mesh tears off.

I've only worn them for 2 weeks & I too read online about the mesh issue. There were limited choices available back then, so i was literally forced to buy them. The shoes are very light & comfortable, it has a snug fit though. For some reason, overall build/durability doesn't seem as if its going to last long like some of my earlier Nike's.

In the US, a fews back there was this Friends and family event in NIKE inc where you get 30% more discount on clearance items online and instore both Footware and apparels .
Guess what I looted the Nike showrooms . Bought 5 pairs of shoes , 20 T shirts ,2 Running pants and 1 cap .
Shoes are Lunar glide 7 , Vomero 10 , Flyknits , free runs.
Simply loving the Shopping season here :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverse_gear (Post 4018993)

+1 from me too. My wife and I are loyal hush puppies customers. If you have any foot/ankle problems, look no further than hush puppies. They are expensive but durable.

Will be picking up another sports shoe this winter. Confused between the new Adidas Boost shoes and the Nike Airmax. Any of you having worn both?

I am currently using Nike Airmax and Reebok ZJet. I want to but the FlyKnit Airmax but it isn't available anywhere.

Please recommend some good leather shoe care products
I use cherry/kiwi now. Have three pairs of Prada and hugo boss leather shoes which I wish to keep in good shape

Don't we have any Skechers fans here? One of the lightest shoes I have experienced (not mine though). Those who buy Skechers once is all gaga about the product. Makes for a very good walking / running shoes I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4109112)
Don't we have any Skechers fans here?

Me :) Currently own one. It is one of the best shoes I've worn for walking. My daily walk is about 3-5 km, in some trips have done 10-16 km of walking too. Its very light and very comfortable to walk. So far has lasted 1 year 8 month and counting. All this for 50€ in 2015. For comparison, the Adidas I had earlier costed 4000 INR in 2008 in Bangalore! Am not sure of Skechers India rates though.

There is one big disadvantage though, they cannot be used in rain (or rather standing water) or snow. The cushioning is extremely sensitive to that. For all dry weather and lot of walking, its worth every penny paid.

This August when I visited Madras, was pleasantly surprised to see a Skechers outlet in Express Avenue :D

I used to wear a GeOX before this, it was the polar opposite of how Skechers is. Extremely hard and can get back breaking if you were to stand with it for extended period of time. The only good thing is they are more water resistant. So I use them on days of moderate rain or some post snow days. It is insufficient for extreme rains, water wading, walking on snow. The Timberland is reserved exclusively for such purposes, because it is freakin' heavy to wear.
---
On a related note: Does anyone have separate shoes just for driving? I used to drive barefoot or with socks, but sometimes get heel pain on long drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4037257)
Will be picking up another sports shoe this winter. Confused between the new Adidas Boost shoes and the Nike Airmax. Any of you having worn both?

I am currently using Nike Airmax and Reebok ZJet. I want to but the FlyKnit Airmax but it isn't available anywhere.

How I wish somebody manufactured a shoe which had reebok ZigJet sole and Nike Airmax's upper part, that would have been the perfect shoe.

Waiting for 2017 Airmax to hit stores, will decide between Adidas Ultraboost, either uncaged or low version.

If any of you have experienced these shoes, please do provide some feedback. It is used as my office shoe. Worn from ~10/11 AM to 7/11 PM. Involves driving and walking.

Quote:

Don't we have any Skechers fans here

My entire family! I have Skechers Go Walk, Go Run and Go Run Ride. My wife has Go Flex Walk and Go Run Ride. My son uses his Go Run.

Love the light no-nonsense snug-fitting shoes! Except for the Go Flex Walk which is in attention-seeking pink, the rest are all discreet shoes that do not garner much attention.

I wish I could buy replacements, but these shoes rarely sell at a discount these days unlike earlier when the Planet Sports website had perennial clearance sales. Now that site itself doesn't seem to exist.

Quote:

Don't we have any Skechers fans here?.

Me & my wife have been using Gowalk 3 since last year and find it very comfortable inspite of 4-5 km walk , only downside is your regular office shoes feels uncomfortable and tiring .