Team-BHP - Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/98478-forget-michelin-pirelli-talk-nike-reebok-shoes-here-your-treads-thread-29.html)

Had bought these Nike FS Lite Run 3 about 4yrs ago. Surprised they've lasted lasted this long. Certainly one of the most comfortable shoes that I've worn! Still wear these everyday in the gym.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-fs.jpg

Cant wait for this stupid curfew to end so I can go out and buy this.

https://www.reebok.com/us/instapump-...es/FU9238.html

Out goes the Asics Gel Phoenix 9 after serving me faithfully for around 4750 km and in comes the Asics Gel Cumulus 21 Knit. Got a very sweet deal during the Asics sale to boot.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-eayjfqoucaaa1ds.jpg

--Anoop

How did you manage 4750km out of these? I use nimbus and I also used a pair of cumulus. I think 1500km is the max that these shoes can last.

Here is my "collection" at the moment. Coming to think of it, I bought all of them on sale at various times :)
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-shoes.jpg

From left to right:

Viking: I don't know what the model is called. This is basically my shoe for everyday use when it's cold or raining as it has a Gore-tex waterproof membrane. However, this also makes it very uncomfortable to wear in summer. I have had this shoe for 4 or 5 years now. The outsole and some other areas are showing signs of wear and tear, so I am looking for a replacement. I don't use it as a running shoe.

Nike Zoom Pegasus 35: My most-used pair of running shoes so far, nearing a 1000km now. Unsurprisingly, the outsole has lot of wear. However, it is still comfortable and the rest of the shoe is holding up very well.

Reebok Forever Floatride Energy: Bought this shoe after hearing glowing reviews on YouTube and also in various sites for being a great value for money shoe. I have about 450km in it now. I recently did a marathon distance run in it and it was quite comfortable over that distance, in terms of the cushioning. However, the materials around ankle are showing signs of wear, so much so that it is beginning to hurt my feet a bit on longer runs, if I try to wear it as I like it - tight and secure. This shoe was originally priced at about €20 less than the Pegasus 35, and I think the difference in quality of materials is quite evident. However, I bought this at almost the same price as the Nike (after discounts on both), so for me personally the Nike has been much more VFM.

New Balance Flash RN2: Probably my most "paisa vasool" running shoe. It's the cheapest of the lot, but has lasted more than 900km so far. Predictably, outsole is wearing down. In terms of cushioning, it didn't have much from the beginning. I use this shoe when I am going out for a run with no time or pace targets in mind.

New Balance 890v6: This one is almost an year old now, but has been used for less than 50km. It will replace the Nike in due course.

Reebok Forever Floatride Energy 2.0: It has the same great reviews as the previous version and I bought it before I started having problems with the first version of the shoe. I hope the build quality is better in this version. This shoe is unused as of now. I will use it to replace the other Reebok shoe when it starts to become too uncomfortable.

Has anybody ordered their shoes directly from Nike.in? If yes, then how was the experience?

Using Fila running shoes for 2 years now for all things outdoorsy and they are very comfortable.

Well we can have Michelin, Yokohama or MRF footwear with a little DIY like this.
https://youtu.be/lGT5RCMMeQw

After 9 months and close to 2,500 KM, I replaced my Asics Gel Cumulus 21 with Brooks Glycerin 18.

My first thought was to replace it with Asics Gel Nimbus 22, and I did visit the Asics Indiranagar showroom, but the shoe costs an eyewatering 15K, so I decided to see what else the market offers if I am going to spend that kind of money on a pair of running shoes. I did get my gait analysis done at the Asics showroom - it was complimentary and the chap who helped me out was really knowledgeable.

After going through a lot of online reviews and talking with fellow runners, the final choice was between Brooks Glycerin 18 and Saucony Kinvara 12.

Brooks and Saucony are now officially available in India and Brooks has a Whatsapp-based chat service where you can clarify your doubts with a running guru. I find it really helpful - the guy on the other side is a sub 2.45 marathoner, so he obviously knows a lot of stuff about running and footwear.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-exox3gbucamgjf.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-whatsapp-image-20210324-1.49.40-pm.jpeg

--Anoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 4867293)
Has anybody ordered their shoes directly from Nike.in? If yes, then how was the experience?

I had bought a pair almost 5 or 6 years back for my wife. We had also customized it. The process was smooth and delivery was done within the committed time frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer012 (Post 5029813)
I had bought a pair almost 5 or 6 years back for my wife. We had also customized it. The process was smooth and delivery was done within the committed time frame.

Even I have bought two pairs till now. One was a regular shoe while the other one was custom made. Smooth process. Was shocked when I read that the shipment is coming from Malaysia, When I am ordering from Nike.in. Was prepared to pay duty but thankfully didn’t have to.

Hearing good things about Birkenstock (https://www.birkenstock.in/). Anyone has any experience, was looking to replace my Crocs for my casual footwear at home and around!

https://www.birkenstock.in/products/...32203745558614

Quote:

Originally Posted by InControl (Post 5080661)
Hearing good things about Birkenstock (https://www.birkenstock.in/). Anyone has any experience, was looking to replace my Crocs for my casual footwear at home and around!

Its really awesome. But if just for home, a cheaper Crocs may be alright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 5029781)
After 9 months and close to 2,500 KM, I replaced my Asics Gel Cumulus 21 with Brooks Glycerin 18.

Yikes! How did your shoes last that much mileage? Mine give out by 500-600 kms. My current Saucony is around the 650 kms mark (about a year's usage) and already my soles have peeled out and in a normal year with stock availability I'd already have another pair up for my running.

Having used to purchase my Saucony running shoes generally for 60 - 80$ from the US, I find it quite hard to plonk upwards of 10k on similar shoes here :disappointed

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 5080706)
Yikes! How did your shoes last that much mileage? Mine give out by 500-600 kms. My current Saucony is around the 650 kms mark (about a year's usage) and already my soles have peeled out and in a normal year with stock availability I'd already have another pair up for my running.

Having used to purchase my Saucony running shoes generally for 60 - 80$ from the US, I find it quite hard to plonk upwards of 10k on similar shoes here :disappointed

500-600 km :Shockked:

Thank God my shoes are lasting more, otherwise, I would have been looking at at least 4 pairs of shoes per year. Most of my running is on the tarmac, and the rest on the hard-packed earth - very less running on concrete. I do not do any special shoe care (other than cleaning the shoes once in a while and washing them only if they are really dirty (once in few months).

One thing I noticed when I was making my choice between Saucony Kinvara and Brooks is that the sole of Kinavara does not have any blown rubber on the outsole, and that leads to the sole not lasting much. Does your Saucony model have blown rubber on the outsole? Maybe, that is the differentiator?

If you are interested in picking up a new pair, do check out the Brooks India website - they are running an end-of-season sale and there are a lot of good deals to pick from.

--Anoop