Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2006, 22:55   #16

rotflmao.....nice one
Old 23rd January 2006, 23:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN
THATS PERHAPS THE WIERDEST THING I HEARD...
Lol wld have loved to see the look on the person when he found the car back at the same place after a day !!!!!
You missed the best part. the OLD MAN is a practising ENT surgeon! :-)
Old 24th January 2006, 02:27   #18
Team-BHP Support

ingenious

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
KNowing this weakness I took a bunch of screws cut the heads of and stuck the heads with epoxy on the rubber sealing strip. I did not want to drill the screws as the drill hole is a soruce of rust.
very ingenious. thats a very good idea for a visual deterrent.

Quote:
2. In my building there lives a 80 year ofl ENT surgeon. One day he drove home in a brand new red zen.

It was only the next morning when his daughter weto to drive the car that she realised that the car was not theirs. She quietly took the car back to where her father had got it from and found her own car still parked where her father had left it. She then drove away in her car.

The old man, seeing 2 red zens parked near each other, had mistakenly driven the wrong zen home.
Quote:
You missed the best part. the OLD MAN is a practising ENT surgeon! :-)
that is a funny story.
you goes to him for treatement and the next thing you know, your inner chords have been re-routed so now you're breathing out of your ears, and hearing via your nose, etc.
Old 24th January 2006, 13:15   #19
BHPian

Hey Mr. Bombastic and Godfather.... the M800 was around 10 years old... and due to frequent use of keys, the locks (both the door and the ignition) had lost their orginal shape and had become so wide that you could insert any piece of flat metal and open the lock!

And BTW, that photo of M800 is very nice Mr. Boombastic. I wonder where the accessories are bought from?
Old 24th January 2006, 14:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

makes sense now.

reminds me of some folks using an iron nail to start rajdoot in old days.
Old 24th January 2006, 14:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey amit ...check if the switch for the cabin light also used bythe car security system to sense if the dorr is open is working ...if its not working the car security will sense that the door is closed and they will be locked...
to check this ..just see if your cabin light comes on when u open the door

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th January 2006 at 15:09.
Old 24th January 2006, 15:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumed
Hey Mr. Bombastic and Godfather.... the M800 was around 10 years old... and due to frequent use of keys, the locks (both the door and the ignition) had lost their orginal shape and had become so wide that you could insert any piece of flat metal and open the lock!

And BTW, that photo of M800 is very nice Mr. Boombastic. I wonder where the accessories are bought from?
ok bro agreed that you opened the door with a 25 paise coin... how did you start the car... did you hot wire it?? i dont think you can start any car leave the 800 with a coin for god's sake...
Old 24th January 2006, 15:39   #23
BHPian

Godfather... the same story with the Ignition as with the door lock... it had become so wide that you could insert any key or piece of metal in the ignition and it will start the engine.... Even a screw driver would have started that car.
Old 24th January 2006, 15:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
makes sense now.

reminds me of some folks using an iron nail to start rajdoot in old days.
the key of rajdoot is very funny
just like nail we a small thing at the end.
rajoot has a very odd key .
Old 24th January 2006, 16:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey amit ...check if the switch for the cabin light also used bythe car security system to sense if the dorr is open is working ...if its not working the car security will sense that the door is closed and they will be locked...
to check this ..just see if your cabin light comes on when u open the door
nice idea will check that today.

but there some other major problem with me.
if i have to get out of car for few seconds,i close the lever n then close the door, i mean i lock the door each time i get out of my car.
this time i locked the door with key inside.
its was entirely my fault
open window saved me a lot of times, but this time no window was open
Old 24th January 2006, 16:38   #26
Team-BHP Support

another funny old story...

When i lived in the US I lived in teh boonies. Hence we used to carry the spare car key on us. Anyway one day I realsied that I had locked both my car keys inside the car (the spare was in my tennis bag in the trunk).

I called the cops (now this is in the 80s with no cell phones etc..). They show up and with a slim jim opened my car in a jiffy. I got into my car all excited and happy; then realised i had forgotten to thank the cops. So I jumped out of the car and am thanking the cops when along comes a gust of wind and slams the door, while the key is in the ignition and the engine is running (hand brake was on). You should have seen the look on the cops face!

First he has never seen a non white person in his life and the 1st one he comes across is an idiot (me)!.

After that day I got one of those magnet spare car key carriers. It is a little plastic box with a magnet stuck to one side. you keep the spare key in the box and the stick the magnet under the car. I removed the rear number plate and jammed the box between the number plate and the car body.

Last edited by navin : 24th January 2006 at 16:42.
Old 24th January 2006, 17:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After that day I got one of those magnet spare car key carriers. It is a little plastic box with a magnet stuck to one side. you keep the spare key in the box and the stick the magnet under the car. I removed the rear number plate and jammed the box between the number plate and the car body
Do you do that with you RS too?? If thats the case where do you live
Old 24th January 2006, 18:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN
THATS PERHAPS THE WIERDEST THING I HEARD...
Lol wld have loved to see the look on the person when he found the car back at the same place after a day !!!!!
Wierdest! indeed... in fact funniest as well. Sounds like a charlie chaplin sequence to me! haa haa haaaa... By the way do they allow 80 yr olds to hold a driving license?!
Old 28th January 2006, 00:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

My aunt born June 1918 still drives. She drove in NYC too. Dont knock these oldies. When we were visiting my Godparents in LA (in 2000) my wife and my godmom had gone shopping.

After they returned my wife had a huge smile on her face. I asked he what happened. Seems like someone cut my godmom off on Hawthorne and she hunted them down pulled up next to them and gave them the "bird". My godmom was 80 at the time.
Old 6th February 2006, 22:46   #30
BHPian

my esteem opens almost with all the keys but i have never experienced any theft till now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks